DEO to standing order

Options
pugger
pugger Posts: 138 Forumite
I volunteered to pay CSA by standing order as soon as they made contact with me. I've just wrote to them requesting a change to standing order but from what I've read it sounds like they are probably going to refuse it!! Has anybody got any recent experience of this? My payment record is perfect.

Comments

• PreludeForTimeFeelers
    Options
    pugger wrote: »
    I volunteered to pay CSA by standing order as soon as they made contact with me. I've just wrote to them requesting a change to standing order but from what I've read it sounds like they are probably going to refuse it!! Has anybody got any recent experience of this? My payment record is perfect.

How long has the case been running for? How are you currently making your payments?
  • pugger
    Options
    I think it's nearly 3 years now. Currently by DEO which I volunteered for as I thought it'd be the easiest option for me.
  • jimd-f
    jimd-f Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if you are paying on a voluntary deo then CSA have no reason to change that. Standing Order is not a method of payment they encourage so if you want to change then you need to provide them with a very good reason for changing.
    the fact your payment method is perfect is probably due to the fact you are paying by DEO.
  • pugger
    Options
    No, my payment record is perfect because I'm not the type to dodge supporting my daughter. I've never missed a payment and never did when I paid my ex direct.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, my payment record is perfect because I'm not the type to dodge supporting my daughter.

Niether are many other none resident parents

I've never missed a payment
    Niether have many other none resident parents
    and never did when I paid my ex direct.

If you were contributing directly in the past, why is there a case open now?
    Anyways, irrespective of method of contrbution, there will be admin work required to change it from one to another and that bears a cost, perhaps the real reason it won't be changed as somebody has to bear that cost.
    I have been contributing by SO from day one.
  • pugger
    Options
    I didn't say anything about other NRP's, I was referring to myself in response to the unnecessary jibe posted above.

There is a case still open because my ex ran away when I found out her and my friend had been cheating when we were together. I continued to pay her direct into her bank but she went to CSA out of spite and she knew she'd get more money that way. At the end of the day I've never missed a payment or given the CSA any reason to chase me. My public sector job will be changing to private sector in October and I fear there will be issues as my pay dates are changing and after reading all the horror stories about the CSA's incompetence I worry that this is going to cause me problems. Plus I will be going self employed in the near future so they will have to take standing order payments anyway.
  • DUTR
    Options
    I didn't say anything about other NRP's, I was referring to myself in response to the unnecessary jibe posted above.

There is a case still open because my ex ran away when I found out her and my friend had been cheating when we were together. I continued to pay her direct into her bank but she went to CSA out of spite and she knew she'd get more money that way. At the end of the day I've never missed a payment or given the CSA any reason to chase me. My public sector job will be changing to private sector in October and I fear there will be issues as my pay dates are changing and after reading all the horror stories about the CSA's incompetence I worry that this is going to cause me problems. Plus I will be going self employed in the near future so they will have to take standing order payments anyway.

Why you split is unnecessary jibe, a split is a split, if you had ran off with her sister, you would still have to contribute.
    If the PWC can get more money than what you are already contributing, then that suggests what you are currently contributing was below the suggested % ?
    Anyways until you contact them, then the DEO may well remain until you inform them of a change in circumstance.
  • pugger
    Options
    We both agreed on a payment amount, she was happy with it. You asked me why there is a case running, I told you why. And I never stopped contributing.
  • DUTR
    Options
    We both agreed on a payment amount, she was happy with it. You asked me why there is a case running, I told you why. And I never stopped contributing.

Fair enough, family finances can be stressful at anytime.
    I will send you a PM ;)
  • pugger
    Options
    Thank you. Yes they can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts