Mortgage Free by April 2017

Comments

• JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 949
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    2.9k saved amazing work guys really nice stuff

Ya the 10% cap is a pain when you want got 29k kicking about but still really good stuff

whats the balance on the mortgage currently ?

About 85k I think. Now that we have reached our 10% for the year we dont get a nice letter letting us know the outstanding balance when we make overpayments. So January 2016 we will do a 10% overpayment, then in October when we drop onto variable we will do the rest. Hopefully from there its just 6 months of as much as we can every month till its gone! :T
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • JimLad
    Forumite
    Hi Everyone, Its the 1st of the month and that means its time to total up the previous months side hustle!

Airbnb: £700!! A record breaking month for us. That was 23 days booked so we spent more time with guests than without!! It was massively helped by a guy from America booking 10 days for a business trip (he wasnt even at our house for half the nights he booked!!). If your thinking about trying airbnb, GO FOR IT! (and message me for a referral code)! :j

Adsense from Youtube: £48.80. Slightly down on last month by a couple of quid but I made my new videos towards the end of the month so hopefully they will bump me up next month.

Amazon Affiliates from Youtube: £42.30. About a tenner increase on last month which makes up for the small drop in adverts. Somebody out there ordered loads of computer components including a very expensive graphics card which bumped me up nicely!

Solar Panels: £40.58. 30 down on last month but we are really getting into the dark nights and dreary weather now. Its all down hill here until next year :(

Matched Betting: £55. Couple of good champions league matches to do the bet 365 offer on so managed to really cash in there. Should be a few more of these in November!

Selling Unwanted Stuff: £120 Had a good clear out of old toys and some wedding stuff that's reusable. Remote control car for £40 and artificial wedding flowers for £40 were the highlights!

Thats a grand total of £1006.68 of money earned outside our salaries this month! :beer: I think thats the highest since we have been keeping note and the first time over 1k. Its pretty much all down to airbnb but the other smaller things all did well this month too.

Just one objective for Novemeber that I can think of right now, and thats to again make 2 youtube videos. I think they will be tutorials.

Thats it! How did you do this month outside of work? Any things we could start doing?
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • Wooooowwwww, Jim, that's an incredible amount! Well done!! :T
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Well done Jim fantastic air bnb is really doing well for you and the other stuff is amazing.

You have inspired me to keep a log of outside work incomes every little helps for me i have a few small things

£75 from a pension from a relative who left me only get this for a year tho but will helps greatly

Premium bonds you could maby try these ?

selling unwanted stuff this month could be good as i have a lot to list :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • turtlemoose
    turtlemoose Posts: 1,640
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Fantastic work!!!
  • Thanks for the inspiration! My son desperately wants to start his own YouTube channel, now thinking I should be encouraging him :D
  • JimLad
    Forumite
    Wooooowwwww, Jim, that's an incredible amount! Well done!! :T
    Fantastic work!!!

Thanks guys! I think Airbnb is the least work of all of those but the most profitable
    !
    Well done Jim fantastic air bnb is really doing well for you and the other stuff is amazing.

You have inspired me to keep a log of outside work incomes every little helps for me i have a few small things

£75 from a pension from a relative who left me only get this for a year tho but will helps greatly

Premium bonds you could maby try these ?

selling unwanted stuff this month could be good as i have a lot to list :]

Not thought about trying premium bonds. I will have to have a look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • Great stuff.:beer:

Looking at that i could nearly double my salary, still trying to get my head round air bnb though, feel i need to have a good clear out before i started anything like that, and i'm not much good at that as i call myself a hoarder with ocd:rotfl: - so double the work for me. Maybe get round to it in time, as your a great inspiration
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • JimLad
    Forumite
    selloptape wrote: »
    Thanks for the inspiration! My son desperately wants to start his own YouTube channel, now thinking I should be encouraging him :D

Ive been doing it for a few years so it takes a while to build up if you dont have a viral hit video. Those earnings are from about 40,000 hits a month. What kind of videos does he want to make?
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • turtlemoose
    turtlemoose Posts: 1,640
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've got a video of my then-2-year-old hilariously REPEATEDLY mispronouncing "pump" (as in, what we needed to find to inflate a flat football) as a very naughty word that begins with c. I've always wondered if I could make any money from it :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure