Savings accounts accepting DD's

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,966 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    castle96 wrote: »
    I opened 2 SWs, but the second one automatically selected the nominated account for the first.
    Same with the PO
    This didnt happen with BirMids. (Subj to receiving confirmation/paperwork), I have 2 different BM nominated accounts.
    You can change the linked account individually to the acs, with both PO & SW.
    SW: If you missed the opportunity to choose a different linked account (not logged in?) in the 2nd application, you have to submit a form.
    Download from 'useful forms download' bottom of the red options on the left.

Or here if it works: http://www.scottishwidows.co.uk/bank/IB/form_download.htm
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,966 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    And you can 'change nominated ac' in the drop down under 'nominated ac' in left hand options in PO...
  • For clarity, if someone holds 2 Scottish Widows Internet Savers how many nominated accounts can be held at any one time.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    For clarity, if someone holds 2 Scottish Widows Internet Savers how many nominated accounts can be held at any one time.

Two can be held.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    castle96 wrote: »
    Have opened one, will do another tomorrow. Cant help thinking it is a lot of scratching around to 'invest' 2 x £10 p/mth for 0.35% though,, just for 2 direct debits

Yes, but you won't be losing any money. Sure small interest but the original bank a/c will also be rewarding you in some way!

I don't think there's going to be too much liklihood of earning more than the tax free amount these days with pretty much every bank cutting their rates! (I'm thinking Lloyds, BoS & TSB which all used to be nice little earners.)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Was wondering being as direct debits can be set for weekly payments what is the advantage of opening more than 1 Scottish Widows Internet Saver Account.?

As is the case for the Tesco DD would 4 direct debits a month (i.e. weekly) from the same Scottish Widows account meet the criteria for the Co-op Everyday rewards and similarly 2 each month meet the Halifax reward current account criteria?
  • Rich2808 wrote: »
    As is the case for the Tesco DD would 4 direct debits a month (i.e. weekly) from the same Scottish Widows account meet the criteria for the Co-op Everyday rewards and similarly 2 each month meet the Halifax reward current account criteria?

Co-op Everyday Rewards: Yes
    Halifax Reward:- No
  • Opened one SW account now. Hope it works well for me ..

With the PO account

How many PO accounts can one person open? Is there a limit?
    How many DD can be set up with in one PO Account?
    Thanks
  • Over62
    Over62 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The Post Office terms and conditions show:
    You may not open more than one Account in your sole name
    and one Account jointly in your name and that of someone else.

but I accidently opened two sole accounts in March and they're both still working.

I think you can only have one linked account so only one direct debit.
  • Scottish Widows internet saver "currently unavailable". Post Office website seems to be working though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback