Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I can see that but I hate to let people down and I think it will backfire in the end.

I never see half the jobs because I can't keep checking the board every minute but apparently people do this at work, I never feel comfortable doing this on my work pc or system
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all,

Is it just me or are RM losing all their clients? The newsagent they had has now been swiped by MF. I used to love working for RM. I would normally get a text at the end of each month and there was a whole variety of stores to pick from. Now they only have 1 store in my area and that's it!

Same with ABAI and ESA and various other companies.

Does anyone still get regular MS work? Hope that people who do MS as a main income are still making a good amount.
  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 747 Forumite
    Also GR is like that for me.
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It could be that there are too many MS companies, chasing the same business and more companies are getting staff when giving you a receipt, asking if you fill a survey in on line about your customer experience with them and having a chance to win some cash.
  • That does seem to be a trend!

Out of interest - how often do 'holiday' jobs appear? I read an MF spokesman saying that "five star all inclusive trips abroad were snapped up within 10 minutes".

I have had one adventure abroad (not 5 star!) but that was on there for quite a while, presumably as people didn't have the cash to pay upfront (the target audience was somewhat restricted....).

Was hoping for another this year :P
  • scrams
    scrams Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    That does seem to be a trend!

Out of interest - how often do 'holiday' jobs appear? I read an MF spokesman saying that "five star all inclusive trips abroad were snapped up within 10 minutes".

I have had one adventure abroad (not 5 star!) but that was on there for quite a while, presumably as people didn't have the cash to pay upfront (the target audience was somewhat restricted....).

Was hoping for another this year :P

I've only ever seen one (which I snapped up myself!) so I assume they are picked up as soon as they go on. As luck would have it, it was from my local airport but the scenario was really quite good so I probably would have accepted it even if it meant travelling to an airport across the country, which is something that I think a lot of people would do so I think that's why we never see these jobs on MF.

A friend of mine checks MF religiously in hopes of finding one.
  • JWIOW
    JWIOW Posts: 93 Forumite
    I completed a shop for MF the other day to a local heritage site caf! premises locally.
    I did not have to pay an entry fee to the main site to visit the caf!, therefore I didn't.
    I explained this in the report and simply added a photograph in place of the receipt for this of the food items instead which I took just in case.

I then had this queried to ask me to provide a receipt for this, to which I reiterated to them that there was no receipt as I did not have to pay to enter to actually access the site.

This was their fantastic response:
    Thank you for your reply. Please take an image of a piece of paper that confirms that you did not need to pay an entry fee and upload this image as a jpg attachment to this section. Many thanks.

WHAT?!?!
    Where in the brief is this?!!!!
  • Just write "No entry fee is payable for visits to the...." and date it with the assignment date. Then take a picture of that.

MF are ridiculous. I've had similar before from them (not the same visits though) where I've had to write on paper and take photos of said paper #savethetrees

It was in the brief for me, to be fair to them, but still ridiculous. Give it a try. Or escalate it to complaints. Whenever I do that, the query magically disappears.....
  • samtastic7
    samtastic7 Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Food visit for mf they didn't do very well. No offer of desert steak overdone
    Query I said good tool more than 20 mins . CCTV says 18 minutes !!
    Why we are mystery shoppers is a mystery to me !!
  • scrams
    scrams Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Did anyone pick up one of the 'family caravan park' jobs for RA?

I'm speculating as to what constitutes as a 'family leisure activity' and 'entertainment activity' and whether they are separate or the same thing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback