PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Money Saving Expert / CAB pilot service

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks cabbage, but what I was really asking is who at MSE Towers do we raise concerns with about incorrect advice (do we just hit the report button, for example)

I have no interest in making a formal complaint to CAB about advice posted on this board, since I am presuming that the posts by CAB representatives will be monitored and supervised in the same way as advice given in a 'bricks and mortar' bureau.

My concern is is more to do with picking up errors quickly so that any incorrect, misleading, or unclear advice can be corrected promptly.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 November 2012 at 2:29PM
    Thanks cabbage, but what I was really asking is who at MSE Towers do we raise concerns with about incorrect advice (do we just hit the report button, for example)

I have no interest in making a formal complaint to CAB about advice posted on this board, since I am presuming that the posts by CAB representatives will be monitored and supervised in the same way as advice given in a 'bricks and mortar' bureau.

My concern is is more to do with picking up errors quickly so that any incorrect, misleading, or unclear advice can be corrected promptly.

I also was under the impression that the replies by CAB reps are monitored and supervised.

At the moment, as the threads are still open to non CAB reps I suppose the way forward would be to query the post giving a link as to why you think it is wrong. Whether this would be picked up by the poster or CAB rep is open to speculation.

Can't comment on the particular posts you refer to as I find it incredibly difficult to find my way around the board and can't find them! :)

One thing I have noticed is that there tends to be a 'may be' element to CAB reps replies - very understandable and relates to my previous comment about CAB reps not having sufficient information from the original post to answer with anything more than a general overview.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Is there a problem on the CAB benefits board? There doesn't seem to have been any appearance by CAB Representatives since 19th November.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Is there a problem on the CAB benefits board? There doesn't seem to have been any appearance by CAB Representatives since 19th November.

:huh:

I'm not sure what you mean, but (and these may not be the latest posts by the CAB) but on the Housing Benefits board, a CAB adviser posted on Monday 26th
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4307591

and on the Tax credit & benefits board, there was a post by a CAB adviser on 22nd
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=57422155&postcount=87
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Thanks, that's what I mean, those two threads are active, but the CAB benefits thread has a number of unanswered queries and no CAB presence for about a week.
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Where do we raise concerns about a CAB response if we believe it is incorrect?

Hi zzzLazyDaisy - we have a link in the first post (by MSE) at the top of this thread, that goes through to the details about our feedback and complaints procedure. If an OP considers that they have been provided with an incorrect response, then we would ask them to use that process so that, as with all complaints, it is handled in that way and seen by everyone who needs to be involved - including the relevant team here at national office, if needs be.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
    Dunroamin wrote: »
    I'd be interested in knowing this as well as I'm fairly sure that an incorrect response has been given regarding the calculation of HB after the application of the "bedroom tax". I enquired on the thread but no answer as yet.

Hi Dunroamin - as I've just put in my response to zzzLazyDaisy on that question, we have a link in the first post (by MSE) at the top of this thread, that goes through to the details about our feedback and complaints procedure. If an OP considers that they have been provided with an incorrect response, then we would ask them to use that process so that, as with all complaints, it is handled in that way and seen by everyone who needs to be involved - including the relevant team here at national office, if needs be.
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    I also was under the impression that the replies by CAB reps are monitored and supervised.

One thing I have noticed is that there tends to be a 'may be' element to CAB reps replies - very understandable and relates to my previous comment about CAB reps not having sufficient information from the original post to answer with anything more than a general overview.

Hi pmlindyloo - the replies on this board are supervised and are also only undertaken by trained advisers.

On your other point, providing full a advice service, and especially where this includes exploring all the details and options with someone, has to meet set processes and procedures - and under the scrutiny of our insurance policy provider(s). This is the same, no matter how the service is delivered - online, on the telephone, via Skype or similar, or face-to-face, and so on. The decision was taken not to provide such a full service for the pilot, and to try out something different. We have now begun an evaluation of the 6-month pilot and all the comments/feedback made in the posts will be taken on board for that.
  • Rereading all of the comments in this thread yesterday I realised there were a couple of questions that I'd not replied to.
    Fran wrote: »
    Is there a way of anonymising posters? (Okay, that's probably not a real word!) Ie when posters ask questions on this board they are automatically given a number (is this possible technically?). It could be useful for the many people who have an online presence but don't want to ask questions publicly.

Thanks for this Fran. I'm not sure if it's possible, or if we want to stray too far from our normal board format, but I'll add this idea to the list :)

Hi zzzLazyDaisy. As well as completing the feedback form on the Citizens Advice site, if you’re especially concerned about any of the advice given please do send me a PM and I can speak to CAB about it directly.
    *** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***
  • Was it really worth the all effort of splitting the board for just 4 weeks?

Or was the result of splitting the board the final straw that will now see these boards closed, whilst thoughts about how best to run and resource it are re-evaluated?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure