Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My OH seems to be on the same board here, although we've not been TTC for long, I can't help get upset when it doesn't happen, even though in my head I know it can take a while. It just doesn't help when those who know about it are telling me I'll conceive in no time. He tries his best when I'm upset but there's only so much he can do.

As for SW I've heard a fair bit of good things about it, but not from anyone who's been pregnant etc. I did read one of their guide books and it seems to cover a lot of basis's.
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD32 newthrift - 11DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD4 firebird082 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD17 Li5a - Awaiting ov :o
    CD20 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD20 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD21 April87 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD30 ButterflyBabe -Awaiting ov :o
    CD32 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD34 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD58 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD108 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD67 LottieLou - :cool:

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • I'm in two minds about Slimming World. I did read their advice on the website.

One side of me thinks, what is the point since I want to lose 1.5-2 stone and that could be halted at any second if I become pregnant as they advise against losing. The other thinks that it would be good to manage weight gain if I do get pregnant as I worry that I will end up like a whale.

Although I do know that I can eat healthily, I just am bad for comfort eating when depressed over TTC and other things in life and so becoming pregnant would a) make me happier and not look for comfort in food and b) make me manage my weight as I want my baby to get good nutritious food and I don't want to use being pregnant as an excuse to eat like a pig :rotfl:

I think I may wait until next cycle before I make a decision
  • Athens am I reading correctly that you have PCOS like me but as you are ovulating they are suggesting you just keep trying, even without further testing? Can I ask what testing you had so far ie just GP or clinic? Only if you are up to explaining. I'm getting to the point I'd rather get on with investigations or treatment before I hit 35 next year, but going private seems v expensive.

DD is 10 so this is an old long story.

I had my coil removed and started TTC DD in the October. In the January (as I have a POAS addiction) I took two pg tests which were positive, went to my GP and she did blood tests but was not pg. April/May I went back to my GP as we were still TTC, explained I lost over a stone, doing everything else right and still not pg. She suggested I could have PCOS as I had all the traits and she would refer me to gynae. I had some bloods done but can't remember the exact results I wasn't as clued up as I am now. Had my appointment at the hospital the next October and explained we were TTC and was prescribed Metformin. Start taking the meds and as I hadn't POAS for a while decided to test again in the January and was BFP. Went to my GP, had bloods done and was most definitely pg. Book in with the midwife and as I hadn't had AF in forever didn't know first day of my last AF student midwife had a feel around and guessed 18 weeks which coincided with starting the meds.

Fast forward a few years and I keep getting left and right ovary pain which is sometimes unbearable so go back to my GP and explain I'm trying to lose weight, it's not working that well and I keep getting these pains. She then sends me for a scan which was an internal one and the sonographer says she can see the cysts straightaway, go back to my GP and have an official PCOS diagnosis. She also said I could have IBS which was exaggerating the ovary pain and recommended I take something to help that situation.

Fast forward a few more years and in Oct/Nov 2015 I noticed AF had been relatively regular for the past 6 months and hadn't arrived and boobs were really sore and suspected pg, tested and a natural BFP, sadly I miscarried at 11 weeks and now we're supposed to be NTNP as we hadn't planned another baby but after many discussions decided what will be will be which is why I don't want to go to my GP.

Phew. I hope you kept up with that.
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    Testing time will arrive this weekend and I must admit I'm feeling hopeful but equally I don't feel desperate to test and I defiantly won't be testing early. The only thing I'm on the fence with is whether I should wait until day 40 anyway just to be on the safe side, hmm...

I'm trying to be good with my eating whilst still having some treats. It's helped by DH being good too and preparing lunch the night before. Rachy there are lots of recipes and things online for slimming world so you could always just find a few recipes and ideas to try in the meantime before you decide if to take the plunge next cycle.
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Can I please be moved to CD1 please newthrift. Damn witch has got me, I'm trying so hard not to get down about it but I can't help feeling so depressed. It doesn't get any easier in fact every month gets harder.

OH and I had a big row over the weekend, I know now it was obviously my hormones but I was just horrible to him and said some pretty nasty things on Saturday night and spent most of Sunday in tears. At one point I even told him to leave me and find someone else who can give him the child he wants. Now I've got my paranoid head on worried that he is going to look elsewhere and eventually leave me. He's told me that he loves me and only wants me for me and having a baby would be a great addition to our family and that it'll happen when it happens but that's not the only reason why he's with me and if the worse happens and we can't have a baby he won't love me any less. I'm amazed he still wants to be with me after the psycho melodramatic cow I was over the weekend.

I've texted him to tell him the witch has arrived and he just said 'oh well we'll just have to try harder this month Smily face' Like its a damn exam we've got to sit. The rational part of my mind knows this is his way of making me feel better but the irrational part thinks he's not taking this serious and doesn't care if we have a baby or not.

Sorry for the rant, I just didn't know where else to vent. I'm going to spend the day wallowing and feeling sorry for myself and start tomorrow as a new day.
  • newthrift wrote: »
    I'm trying to be good with my eating whilst still having some treats. It's helped by DH being good too and preparing lunch the night before. Rachy there are lots of recipes and things online for slimming world so you could always just find a few recipes and ideas to try in the meantime before you decide if to take the plunge next cycle.

I've done it before and still have the books so can follow it without going to a class to be honest.
  • Just gone looking back through my old posts again to see if this happened last cycle or the one before. I really must start writing notes on Ovia rather than just clicking the buttons.

I think something may be happening I've been checking my cervix which is very high and soft and seems to be a lot of cm similar to ewcm but not exact iyswim. Boobies are very sore which I did mention last cycle so hopefully OV over the next couple of days or it's already happened. Luckily we've kept up with the dtd.
  • angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    I've been doing opks this month & getting very confused with them. No line at all until Saturday. Did one around 12ish on Saturday, and while it was negative there was a line at least half as dark as the control. Did another 1 around 6ish, and no line whatsoever. Did 2 yesterday & 1 today, each had a line, not as dark as the 1st 1 on Saturday, and getting feinter. Is it possible I surged on Saturday, but it somehow wasn't picked up? I had a ton of ewcm on Friday, and I've had tingly nipples & higher libido all weekend.

Midget was that the result of your tsh? Under 2.5 is ok for the general population, but it should be under 2 when ttc. There was an article I read about uat & ttc that was really good, if I can find it I'll send it to you. Acupuncture def helps me destress, as does yoga.

Sorry the witch got you Butterfly.

AO503 I've just been tracking my cm last few cycles, as recommended by my acupuncturist & GP. This cycle I've been doing opks, but I wish I'd just stuck checking cm. I find opks & temping just seem to stress me out more.
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Hi angel, before you did the OPK on the Saturday when did you do one on the Friday? As Going by EWCM I rekon you ovulated some were between Friday overnight and Saturday morning. Did you get chance to BD?

I'm approaching ov, last few months Iv had my positive OPK on day 13 which is this coming Friday. We are gna start SMEP today as its CD10 for me so should be a busy week! Fx for all of us x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback