Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your 'product' sounds intriguing penny...... good luck to you for finding a gap in the market and getting in there!!!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck with your product, well done on your brainwave :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Thankyou guys, fingers crossed we can get it going and make some money, also pleased that DH is self employed I didn't want to have to go down that route of setting everything up.

£30 of stock sold yesterday, they are collecting so will be paid when they collect tomorrow evening.

Couple of normal bits finishing on £bay today, so might make a fiver there. DH has taken some bits of scrap to the scrap metal place, no idea what he will get he thinks about £20, but anything is better than it lying around. Also sent him to a1di for a small shop £5 max.

Today is a catch up on washing, make sure kids have done homework etc, we will make some bits for new venture and try and get them listed.

Meals today -
    B - toasted English muffins and jam.
    L - bacon, egg, tom and mushrooms on toast.
    T - left over beef casserole, yorky puds and veg.

Have a good weekend.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Pennywise,

Nice to see you posting again. Well done on DD and her friends buying their snacks in advance, they do right!!!!

Yay to the eBay sales xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Lovely to have you back. Fab news on the product and well done DD with the £land trip :T Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Echoed!! Love it when the kids show a frugal streak!!

Have a great weekend and yep, keep posting :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Not much to post today, its a bit o a get ready for going back to school and work day.

£bay sales yesterday for normal bits £3.50, no craft stock sold.

Today has been the opposite, no everyday stuff has sold, but sold £12 of craft stock and have listed some more stuff. Feel as though this could work and we could make money, not a huge amount but should be able to make at least £100ish a month which will all be helpful.

Need to do some baking for lunch boxes and start tea, easy spag bol tonight.

Not much else going on, take care.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Good afternoon, thought I would pop on and catch up with diaries and update mine.

Holiday was truly amazing and just what we all needed, lots of wonderful memories made and was lovely not to be rushing in separate directions and to have quality time together, made me realise just how important holidays are to us and we are thinking of booking a week in spain/Greece for next summer, its something to look forward to as a family.

Money is trickling in from ebay and sales seem steady not making a fortune but enough for treats.

Now we havn't a holiday to pay for need to concentrate on debt payments and also keeping spends down, it was nice being away and eating out and having lots of treats but now it's back to reality.
    I decided not to do a big shop this week and eat out of stores and just do a top up shop, I get paid Friday so will go toald1 on Saturday morning and do a huge shop, I have quite a lot of beef in the freezer and are having half a lamb delivered Thursday that DH is paying for. Chickens are laying eggs for fun so lots of baking and egg based dishes on the menu.

I have slowed down with surveys as I started to feel they were taking up a lot of time and I would rather concentrate on the items for small business venture which make more money.

Few unexpected Items to pay for in the next few weeks, DD came home with a letter from school the day before we went on holiday for a school trip in the summer, 3 days away costing £170 and the deposit needed to be paid by the 7th April so paid that, I have to pay another £50 by middle of may and another £50 by end of June. DS has grown like a weed recently and needs a new school blazer as it is short on the arms was really hoping to get to the end of the year before that needed replacing, his School shoes are also looking tatty and are not going to last until the summer. Once these items are replaced going to save for new beds for both children and DS needs a new mattress.

Spent the morning cooking and have a beef stew bubbling away in the slow cooker, cheesy mash and broccoli for tonights tea, also made some cupcakes and a tray bake for lunch boxes.

Sold an item on £bay this morning only £4.50 but it all helps.

Hope everyone is ok, I am trying to catch up with diaries just not had time to post sorry.x
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm the same with surveys, I now do three sites only and focus on those as they give good returns.
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    pennywisepoundstupid Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 April 2017 at 3:28PM
    Options
    Afternoon diary.

Lots going on at the minute and lots of juggling between work/home/kids etc. Its going to be an expensive May, MOT due, birthdays, Oh and the cooker is totally funked, its a built in double oven, the grill still works and that is it, had electrician out, but cheaper to buy new and then couldn't guarantee how long it would last, so off to curry's we went and received the most awful customer service ever, the women was useless, had took measurements and wanted to measure the recess part of the ovens in store as they only had external measurements not the part that slides into cupboard (if that make sense) she didn't know how to slide ovens out, DH had to find another member of staff to help, DH then asked her for a tape measure or ruler, had none instore !!!!!!, sent DS next door to poundland to buy a ruler, the women just couldn't be !!!!!d after measuring 3 ovens she then told us they were not in stock and would have to order. Whilst all this was going on I looked on my phone at a0.c0m site, had all the dimensions I could possible need and were cheaper so walked out of the store and ordered from ao once we got home, same oven cheaper even with delivery and is coming tomorrow. Currys you are CARP:mad:. sorry rant over.

Going to break this down into bits to try and get head around -

Bills - all bills are covered for the month, there are a couple of bits that I would like to buy for the house but as these are wants I will use any £bay sales to cover.

Groceries - hoping for a low spend month as I bought 12 chicken breasts from the farm shop which are now in the freezer, also picked up 4 packs of whoops sausage meat, we have half a lamb and a load of mincebeef and stewing stk. Chickens are still laying loads of eggs which is fab.

£bay - sales are steady, I have had a couple of none payers recently though which really p1** me off, but hey ho.

Money saving - cancelled N0w tv was costing £17 a month for movie and entertainment and have swapped to Netfl1cks which I think is roughly £10 a month but get a month free.
    DS has been wanting a desk and chair for in his room, was looking at some in Ikea, but I've managed to pick up a desk and chair set on 3bay for £10 :D and they match his room perfectly, DH is picking them up today. Thankyou universe.

OK now for some honesty - had a bit of a mini breakdown a few days ago, just trying to keep on top of everything, paying bills, keeping up with the house, animals, work (not enjoying) and then the oven breaking down just seemed to tip me over, kids are not pulling there weight and it all got too much. Ended up sat on the kitchen floor just sobbing. Juggling too much maybe.

PWPS.x.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure