Add your feedback on energy supplier Robin Hood Energy

Comments

• Haarlem
    Haarlem Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Moved my electricity to them and fairly satisfied.

I have been entering meter readings at the end of each month. However if the reading is not what they are expecting you cannot input, and have the hassle of a phone call.

Anyone else have had this problem?
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Haarlem wrote: »
    Moved my electricity to them and fairly satisfied.

I have been entering meter readings at the end of each month. However if the reading is not what they are expecting you cannot input, and have the hassle of a phone call.

I had that issue for a while after moving but instead of calling them (why is that a hassle exactly?) I just e-mail them.
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 March 2016 at 10:48PM
    Haarlem wrote: »

The website accept my initial reading, but would not take my next reading. I then used the automated phone system to give a reading, but this seems to have got lost, since they had no record of it when I rang up two weeks later to ask when my monthly bill was going to be ready.

I'm not sure about RobinHood yet, but worried there systems are a little broken. They never requested an initial meter reading, but I gave them it on the date that stated as switch date.

They assure me they have sent this initial reading to my old supplier, but 6 weeks after I switched, my old supplier sent me a email apologizing by not producing the final bill, saying they were still discussing with RobinHood.

Also the one time I emailed them I never received a reply (after more than a month), so I had to ring them.
  • generationZ
    generationZ Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 7 September 2016 at 10:55AM
    May 2016
    we switched 2 accounts to Robin Hood Energy from npower.
    1. Two accounts could not be switched in one go - there were two switches with about month or two in between. Robin Hood did not notify us that only one account could be switched.
    2. if you are changing the name of the account holder - different people withing the organisation will tell you different things on what you need to do: in the end we had to send a letter by post, and then another form (I just emailed it). It took a month to change the details (they were not responding to emails, could not find my email with the form). When this was sorted (had to call them) my account online shows just blank pages - so, no online account management is available. It seems their systems cannot cope with it, or there is no IT staff to fix it.

Basically, they do not have enough people to run it.
    And their technology is very poor, or they just don't know how to use
    If they will not manage to fix it within a month - I will switch to another provider.

September 2016 - Update
    the online access was fixed by re-registering an account online.
    Have been with Robin Hood energy for over half a year now. Overall - disappointed. There is one customer services lady that is very argumentative (Saima), the IT systems are unreliable, business processes are not thought through and not developed, you can spend hours queueing on the phone listening to the music (not enough staff?)

Overall: NOT RECOMMENDED
  • 4 months in and all running well, they send me email asking for meter reading at month end, i send readings online, bill arrives online a few days later, money debited about 3 weeks later.

Bills refreshingly easy to read, website easy enough even for a technophobe.

All OK by me.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I applied to switch to them a couple of weeks ago and my switch date is 21st May.

I had an email on Monday asking me to submit a meter reading, logged into my account on their website but the submit meter reading always comes up with an error "oops something went wrong try again later..." something along those lines. It's still doing it now 2 days later.

I emailed the reading instead but haven't had confirmation that they have processed it yet either.

What a shambles.
  • bubieyehyeh
    edited 18 May 2016 at 8:36PM
    I had an email on Monday asking me to submit a meter reading, logged into my account on their website but the submit meter reading always comes up with an error "oops something went wrong try again later..." something along those lines. It's still doing it now 2 days later.

I emailed the reading instead but haven't had confirmation that they have processed it yet either.

What a shambles.

They seem to be a little technology challenged. I never got a reply on the one time I emailed them. The automated phone meter reading didn't work either. However found them quiet good at resolving when I spoke to a human. I had initial problem with online meter readings, but after that I've been able to enter them from the website and it they have been flawless.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    They seem to be a little technology challenged. I never got a reply on the one time I emailed them. The automated phone meter reading didn't work either. However found them quiet good at resolving when I spoke to a human. I had initial problem with online meter readings, but after that I've been able to enter them from the website and it they have been flawless.

So submitting meter readings online works for some customers but not others? Technology challenged indeed!
  • bubieyehyeh
    So submitting meter readings online works for some customers but not others? Technology challenged indeed!

Online reading has been fine for me since I got a human to manually enter the first reading after switching. Someone else said they had the same issue.

My guess was it was because my first months usage was less than the average monthly usage I gave when I started, and the meter reading was outside the expected range, so the online system rejected it.
  • I am a member it the MSE ENERGY CLUB and was looking for a switch. Tried Robin Hood and was told the Nottingham v4 online was for Nottingham Inner City ONLY! Tried to offer me a different tariff but cheaper available. Therefore didn't bother!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure