PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Belated 'have a brilliant day' to Master Frith from me as well.

Happy travelling VJsmum!

McCulloch, I know nothing about horses, but I can spot joyfulness when I see it - picture 3 is full of it.

Had to pop in and post a new pleasure. Did my end of week 1 standing on the scales first thing and I've lost 6lbs - I know that low-carb does big weight losses at the start, probably all water, and it slows up a lot later but it doesn't half help towards my end of month goal of 10lbs.:D

See you later
    Bx
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    wb camNolliesMUMMY and all wanderers returning to the nest
    Nice pics mcculloch :)
    VJsmum have a safe journey and successful visit to Korea. I'll think of you on my drive down to Devon on Friday. Doesn't have the same exotic ring to it somehow ;)

The weather forecast for today is a cloudy start and brightening up later - is that why the sun has been streaming in through the windows since 7am? If it get much brighter I'll turn the heating off!

Sunny (and funny) I woke to find a blue and white cat. He's supposed to be white but he's been on the kitchen table where I painted the fencing yesterday, daft boy has blue patches where the paint hasn't dried completely on the plastic sheeting :eek: Luckily it's water based so washed off quite easily, much to his disgust - he's such a boy!

Query - if the fence paint is water based so washes off hands under the tap, so why doesn't the rain wash it off the fence and shed?

Back with 5 later. S
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Frith - Hope small son has a great day at school today
  • Mcculloch - lovely pictures and AR seems a neat little jumper - is it a 2 miler on Saturday? Exciting stuff :) . He seems to have muscled up a wee bit following his summer off ?? Love the "bucking, kicking and far*ing" photo. Thank you- this brings back many memories of how I used to keep warm on a cold winters morning !

Sparrer - the cat has obviously seen the lovely photos of AR and has opted for the painted look- very stylish !

Frith - hope smaller son has a great day !

Have a good day all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny Posts: 923 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2012 at 12:07PM
    Good luck Little Friths and McCullochs Hoss. I have mortgaged my house and put my shirt on his back.

Welcome back Chicks and returneees or newbie to mes.
    Sorry, had to not give a thanx today. Hops people realise why.

& Have yous stoooped playing NC becasue I trounced you with Monopoly variant rules? Go back to Old Kent Road!

5 Washed the Truck of Sonnyshine. Ms Sonny says she can see her face in it now.

4 Canna makes mes mind up today what lens to put on the vamera to do the football later. Choices are far too much for a KOS

3 Popping out to add to my classic collections of Private Eye. Should be an interesting read this week!

2 Ms Sonny and mes are being fed externally this evening, so we have the doggy bags readied for filling up. TILAMS is very well versed in these ways, so should have enuff scompf till the morrow.

1 Harmless?

Warning.
    This posts does not contain financial advise. Punters should not take as read my ability to spot a loose horse in a field as some potential National Winner as being about as far fetched.
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,113
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thank you for all the good wishes for smaller son. :D

Had a phone call from school at 10.30. :eek: Normally this would be "Come and get him - NOW" but it was a call to tell me how well he had settled in. Then heard nothing until smaller son texted me to say he had got off the minibus and was waiting for the taxi. :)

There is a home/school link book and he will be having 4 lessons of an hour each a day plus "journal time".

Today he had literacy, numeracy, art then board games! He's brought me home his art work (hama beads in a heart shape) and he made an excellent effort in every lesson and got 21 out of 21 for his behaviour! Lovely comments about him in his little book from each lesson.

His favourite parts of the day were art, that they get toast at breaktime and getting to chose what he wanted to do at lunchtime (15 mins on the laptop). He is the only child in his class at the moment with the 2nd starting soon. He is not interested in the other pupils (no change there, then!) One major change is he is actually TALKING to members of staff. (Wouldn't it drive you mad if you were the teacher and smaller son was your only pupil and never said a word!)

Bigger son is very envious!

His teacher assessed him in numeracy and literacy (the first time anyone has managed to get him to sit down and take a test since yr 2 - he's in yr5 now) and he got 92% for maths. :rotfl:

So that is several pleasures for today already! And he can't wait to go back.

Some more pleasures!

1) Still ill (was a cold, got a bit fluey yesterday then went horribly "tummy") but on the mend.

2) Too ill to do anything much so did some sleeping.

3) Lovely good wishes on here plus texts as we all waited with baited breath to see what smaller son would do!

4) Ooo, something money saving! I've always made both sons sandwiches for school. Smaller son took some with him today but they gave him - ham sandwiches, yoghurt, grapes, pop corn, something else I've forgotten and a flapjack! He wants the school lunch now so that'll save me some money. Bigger son's teacher also set him up with free dinners today (they have a thumb print machine to pay for them) so he is thinking of having school dinners sometimes too.

5) Both sons round at MrN's at the moment watching a film.

6) Looking forward to watching DIY SOS later.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Happy Birthday party; Welcome back;glad it was a lovely holiday;get well soon;lovely horse pics. You allknow who you are.

1. am knitting ;a warm aran jumper for my son. Good to know his mum is still useful to him.
    2. have some steak cooking in the slow cooker for making into pies tomorrow
    3. horses were little angels for the farrier
    4.wood burner lit; washing drying;cat curled up for a cuddle. lovely and warm. bliss.
    5.everyones out so I have the evening to myself to curl up and relax. great.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    1. The happiness I feel reading Frith's post above re: Master Frith's first day :):):) What a fantastic start x

2. Mummy reimbursed me some money she owed me :)

3. Low spend day - a couple of YS goodies in the village shop.

4. Picked up some fab books from the library

5. DD was "star of the day" at school, very pleased for her :)

6. Made scrumptious veggie spag bol for dinner, we both had seconds!

7. Icecream and chocolate sauce for pudding, a naughty treat, but I think I'm eating a lot less and definitely walking more now I'm at home, so hopefully it'll be like the kit kat and a diet coke cancelling each other out calorie-wise rule that I like to think exists :);)
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Evening all.

I've got the 5OSP lurgy. :( I've been sniffling, snuffling and feeling sorry for myself for the past couple of days - a couple of colleagues told me today that I 'look really rough', which wins brownie points for honesty if not for tact! :rotfl:

Master Frith - I'm so glad you had a good first day at your new school. :)

sparrer - it could be far worse - you could have ended up with a red and white striped cat, like the Team That Shall Not be Named. ;)

mcculloch - can I have one of those for Christmas, please? I have a long-standing love of coloured horses, and he's a real beauty. :happyhear Good luck for Saturday, Rummy!

1) A really quiet day at work (thank goodness, as I really wasn't feeling good smiley-sick010.gif) - I spent most of the afternoon reading reviews on Tr1pAdv1s0r, something which I find oddly compelling.

2) Got my handbag back from the local shoe-mender, with the strap back where it should be. I was warned when I dropped it off that the design of the bag meant a more difficult repair, for which they would have to charge extra - a grand total of 8 quid, in fact! :eek: (The guy in the shop might have been an MSE'r - he certainly knew about consumer rights - his first suggestion, before I told him the bag had been a present, was that I take it back to where I bought it as it shouldn't have fallen apart so soon and clearly wasn't of a satisfactory standard. :money:)

3) The last of my HM savoury mince pies for lunch - I'll definitely be doing those again, as it's a delicious use for LO mince.

4) Got this month's W'rose magazine, with the free tea and coffee samples. :money:

5) Had a sudden craving for sausage casserole earlier, which I've decided to indulge as I'm ill. ;)

6) Another episode of the latest Michael Palin series later - I've never not enjoyed anything he's made.

I'll be away for the next few days visiting my DPs and GM (what a great time to get a smiley-sick010.gif, I don't think :(), so I'll see you at the weekend. :)
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,555
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 November 2012 at 7:33PM
    Lovely posting everybody -thank you all.

Frith, I swear there was a collective sigh of relief, then happy smiles as we ALL tucked into reading about ss's first day at new school. What a cracking start! Congratulations smaller son, for doing so well. Ditto, new school - long may you both enjoy each other. We all knew[and you especially Frith]that there was a special intelligence there, just waiting for the key that fits. So, so good to read.
    McCulloch's skewbald thinks so too.

1. Au lit after this. 2.30 start is not far away. Milky drink beside bed, waiting.

2. Wish I was around to deliberately spoil ballot paper for Police Commissioner as I had intended, but I'll be in Spitalfield during voting hours. This is a totally flawed, corruption-ripe pathway this country does not need to follow.

3. Jenny Wren just sang 19heures on my kitsch clock:-)as I spread laundry on h/w cupboard drying lines. I'm still pleased by how well it works.

4. Another soft, warm day.

5. Lots of stock changed, omitted, for demain and have tried to keep quantity manageable. I totally fail in this. Hope it's a mild night tmrw as I'll be sleeping in car before driving to Park Royal to uplift NZ boxes, hence trailer hitched tonight.

tilams - just for you, Totteridge and Whetstone, but I think you confused Monopoly variant with Cluedo kabbalah finessing. Remember we are past the autumn equinox now, so Progressive Phase Play is mandatory.

##################

I've debated with self over this, but hope some of you may care to read this Thread - a courageous young woman's situation:
    'Taking one step at a time-after death, before birth'
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure