PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Some pleasures for the last few days,

Immense love and awe at the solemn dignity of the hollow-legged ones as they were pall-bearers at their Grandad's funeral, proud doesn't come close.

Our home, such a sanctuary during the tough last few months.

On lighter note, spending a while searching for source of intermittent banging noise on Saturday, realised the wind was lifting and dropping the 'insect' house attached to the back porch.

Bacon butties and the Archers omnibus, oh dear Justin!

Finally finding Capt S a new car he likes, that's all I will say!

Did Queen Mary's beef in beer for Sunday lunch, delicious.

New series of Vera.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    vjsmum and mila rolling rolling rolling
    dfv was indeed a super full moon
    mhags daffodils finally coming out - reminded me of you.
    busy busy weekend
    1) Friday evening fab ceilidh for friend's daughter's 16th. dd1 came too with her fiddle. lots of dancing and i learnt the cha cha slide.
    2) Saturday got the kitchen back under control, then off to watch rugby with friends. We had good representation with 4 of 6 nations in person, 5 in food and 3 in alcohol (including irish gin)
    3) sunday lovely service. friend's first homily. she is being put forward for ministry training.
    4) then some of us to lunch and invited dd1.
    5) invited mum round to help clean and tidy. Music room now straight (i have been asking mr piano for ages, so not totally ideal lodger dfv!) and front room half straight.
    6) went to B&Q for hopefully last shopping list from decorator. over £100 ouch, but remembered had voucher for £20 off spend of over a £100, and amazingly was last day of use. :T
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    Morning all - back in Blighty

Pleasures since Saturday morning.

1. DS had a lovely birthday - well, when asked he said it was "alright", which is "youf speak" for "i have had a wonderful time, thanks so much mum and dad" :rotfl: To be fair he said last night "thanks for taking us, geez" :p
    2. Eurostar - just love it as a service. We went premium economy, so more room and food is provided (and wine :beer:)
    3. The rugby was fun - i had precious little idea what was going on for much of the time but the atmosphere was sensational. the French really know how to sing their national anthem "Marchons, marchons..." Shame to lose that way, but it was the right result.
    4. Yummy food, omelette frites, croissants, fish, meat cooked just right.....

(By crikey Paris is expensive, though - nearly five euros for a coffee :eek: I love Paris, having been many times for varying lengths of time and know it well. But it is a city on high alert right now - even more than when we were there a month ago, I think - obviously there had been an 'incident' at Orly on Saturday morning and there is an election about to happen so i am hoping it's just that. There are many refugees on the streets, some with children :( My DS had his wallet taken (not by a refugee), but he realised and got it back - the pleasure being that he didn't have to hit the perpetrator, just said "give it back and you can eff off". The culprit seemed to understand..)

5. Home to my own bed, my pulled chest muscle is still playing up and a good night's sleep has helped.

have a good day all.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oooh well past my bedtime and an early morning alarm call as I'm meeting a friend for breakfast before she goes to work.

It's now raining after a rumbly storm...let the cooler weather commence.

Paid the balance of OHs funeral...timeously so saved $375!

Bought our memory tree / (easter tree really) and sat and tied ribbons on the memory tags our friends wrote at last week's service. Hung them up and it's now on my dining table.

Had to go to post office ( been putting off as couldn't bear the questions from the ladies that work there.) How's your husband was answered with a he's passed away and no eye contact as I wrote out a customs form. Then she said I'm going to cry! I just wanted to pay and go...bought enough UK stamps that I shouldn't need to be in soon! Is that terrible? I just find peoples reactions difficult. As in people who didn't know him / us very well but feel they should say something. Sigh! I've been told I will develop a stat response !

Lasagne for tea ...the last but that was in fridge, rest in freezer ( other 14 pieces! )

Fun with my sister on phone, I do love her!

Cards starting to trickle in from UK. Post takes such a ridiculous time.

My ironing fairy did the ironing which was still slightly damp. Will be dry soon with the blooming heat in this house, was telling my sister it was like having underfloor heating earlier it was so warm when I walked .

Night :)
  • VJs Mam. So me jacket was sold to pay the bill! It was a bit upmarket, my jacket! Only thing left now is the bar bill. But hey, it was good!
    5 Logged into the mill’s abacus this morning and the counter were all over the place. Some upgrade apparently! Shame that after five minutes and a quick boot, proper one from me boot, got the thing counting again. Phew, just in time to invoice the millwright. Got to think of the money and not the corn.
    4 Was out last night inn town, popped on the train there and back. Had a couple of nibbles and some wobbleade. Raffles followed us down the lane and waited until we came home!
    2 Nite. Just checking out my tutu for the gym this evening. Looking good for the beach.
    In 1984 the horn was in famine … Seems those with an interest in misery have let it happen again!
  • Weekend pleasures

1) Being with DD1 and enjoying her company.

2) Lunch with DD and one of her colleagues and a 10 week old little lad who is scrumptious, we all had lunch and then when DD went off to her rehearsal for the concert the rest of us went home and had a cuppa and a cuddle for me with Brian the cat who I adore, most pleasant.

3) Nice stint in DDs garden pruning the apple tree, sorting out the rest of the borders and creating a woodpile for bugs and critters on her nature area beside the bug hotel there.

4) Getting all her ironing done yesterday. going through the house today and leaving her tidy and clean and cooking over the weekend to give her a break, she works too hard!

5) Being back home and looking out of the window here to see green on the hawthorn hedge and massed ranks of assorted daffodils all in bloom behind it facing the study window, so pretty!
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Good evening everyone :hello:

Two days after my birthday and I'm still recovering. It felt strange having it on a Saturday and therefore NOT having to go to school. :j :j Slightly giddy!

Pleasures for the last few days:

1) Spending time with DH. He took me for afternoon tea at Chatsworth. Beforehand we visited the Chatsworth Farm Shop. Woah!!! Amazing treats. :)

2) Rugby yesterday. We won!!! Even had a free lunch, which should have cost £25 each! We're still feeling quite smug.

3) HM Spag bol (from the freezer) for supper this evening. Made Monday slightly more palatable!

4) Even more sorting done. Really need to get on and cut through it properly.

5) Salad already made for lunch tomorrow. Trying to be healthy, but actually all I want to do is eat chocolate!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    VickyA wrote: »
    Good evening everyone :hello:

Two days after my birthday and I'm still recovering. It felt strange having it on a Saturday and therefore NOT having to go to school. :j :j Slightly giddy!

Happy birthday - you share it with my son :)
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    1 Another day done, and a bit of a I’ll just get on with it.
    2 I was very hungry managed to eat the apple and banana I have been carrying about.:rotfl:
    3 Dinner will be pasta on the hope that means we won’t be hungry all day the tomorrow…:p
    4 Cleaned out the fridge, some scarey green ham was lurking.:eek:
    Banking 5 for now,sleepy very sleepy.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pleasures for yesterday and today....

Yesterday

1) A lie in!

2) Went for another long geocaching walk - found 14 over 3.5 hours.

3) Sons came home.

4) Did 3 lots of homework with smaller son.

5) My school friend phoned.

Today

1) Woke up at 3am because the power had gone off (don't know why but it always wakes me up!) A lorry on the main road had somehow managed to catch and snap a cable. All the roads from our crossroads were shut and a new cable lifted into place by the afternoon.

2) Bigger son still unwell and not at school. I worried about him all day, as I always do having to leave him to go to work. Also left him in the gloom with no hot water or heating (no power). But he said he likes pretending it is his house and pottering round and my brother had popped in and he'd made him a cup of tea "like it was my kitchen" :-)

3) Made lots of phone calls and hopefully the doctor will refer him again to psychology - also double checked what will happen if I resign from work to look after him and it is just about doable.

4) Took library books back and got more out.

5) Smaller son made some cookies from the Millies cookies recipe.

6) Watched University Challenge.

7) In bed and about to listen to Just a Minute.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure