IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Comments

• Ryan_Bryan
    Ryan_Bryan Posts: 265 Forumite
    Can I suggest that we do not ever write on here that Parking Eye are lying, duplicitous, low-life scamming scum without any sort of moral scruple whatsoever. It would not be right to say it. And you can quote me on some of that.
  • trubster
    trubster Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Ryan_Bryan wrote: »
    Can I suggest that we do not ever write on here that Parking Eye are lying, duplicitous, low-life scamming scum without any sort of moral scruple whatsoever. It would not be right to say it. And you can quote me on some of that.

Is that "Some" actually all of it except the word(s) that begin with N and the one word after it.
    We’ve had to remove your signature because your opinion differs from ours. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why you can not have your own opinion on here and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • 4consumerrights
    4consumerrights Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

As you’ll be aware this board was set up for users to find factual information about parking tickets fines, whether they are enforceable or not, and the appeals and actions process.

What it was not set up to do was to pursue any one individual or company to the extent that some users on here have, again, despite our previous requests not to.

You might think it's your "right" and that we should back you fully, but we are governed by the law of the land and our Rules and T&Cs make it pretty clear that posting names and personal details, and making personal comments about others is simply not allowed.

In recent months, we have again had to deal with complaints about this board. Here at MSE we fight your corner as a consumer so to some extent this comes with the territory. However, you need to understand you are anonymous usernames posting content on a public forum. To you, there is no cost and this is your board.

We are a small team managing over 150 Forum boards, all requiring resource. In a perfect world we'd have more, but this is what we have and how we operate. So, when people constantly post names and use words like "scam", "cowboys", “rip-offs” etc. it becomes a legal problem and we may have to remove threads and posts to protect the site.

We can support your factual comments, we can’t support personal remarks about others

We can only support factual comment that operates within our Rules and T&Cs. Personal, antagonistic arguments against individuals break these and we cannot defend it. If you keep things non-personal, on topic, factual, can prove everything you say and work within these rules and T&Cs, we will always do our best to defend your comment, as we do everywhere. If not we shall have to speak with you and if it continues, may have to remove a poster’s posting privileges.

We hope this comes across in the manner it is intended. Please help us to help you, by working with us to defend your comments.

Thank you

MSE Forum Team

MSE Andrea : the parking ticket forum are indeed slightly perplexed by your statement here as it is ambiguous and unclear as to the nature of why you are posting this at this particular time.

could you explain exactly who has made the complaint; the nature of the complaint and if indeed as by the tone whether there has been a threat of legal action against the forum.

Your bumping up of Parking Eye threads would intimate that the complainant was indeed this company. It is also very well in the public domain that this company has indeed sent a letter from Hill Dickinson to a very well known blogger who posts on this forum also. This letter purported to be a LBA is indeed woefully lacking in the requirements of PD just like in fact parking eye's LBA's

However, you then infer that it is against individuals - in which case this leads other unanswered questions as Parking Eye are a company and not an individual. So the questions are:

who has made the complaint?
    if a parking company - confirm which one?
    nature of complaint and what correspondence MSE have received?
    the specific nature of the complaint - if it is against individual posters - then I would suggest you make private contact with those posters to alert them of this fact and not make a blatant open statement on the forum.

The use of the words such as scum/rip off and cowboys which you state as a reason for this post is rather bizarre and quite oddly timed considering that there is currently the reserved judgment statement being considered in the Cambridge Court case.

I admit that I have used the words parking cowboys in sentences but this is to alert newbie posters to the very worthwhile website

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk

and in particular to the POPLA code checker. You will no doubt be aware that many parking companies often send out false POPLA codes - a widespread occurrence happened with UKCPS who were issuing fake codes in an attempt to circumvent motorists rights to appeal to POPLA.

You also state that you champion consumer issues and that the parking board exists to examine the rights of appeal and if the parking tickets are enforceable or not - the results from POPLA and court cases speak for themselves.

Just this week it has come to our attention the Civil Enforcement Limited are submitting witness statements in lieu of contracts to POPLA - THESE STATEMENTS PURPORTING TO BE ON BEHALF OF THE LANDOWNER ARE IN FACT SIGNED BY A STAFF MEMBER OF CIVIL ENFORCEMENT.

If MSE are being threatened by any particular parking company or individual (I can think of one person in particular as an employee of a parking company) then there should be a statement informing us.

I am sure that if you have received a solicitors letter then it would not be compliant with PD (as the one issued to the PP was not) and that perhaps MSE would like to counterclaim as Parking Eye have false statements on their website stating that they win court cases where motorists have had forum help. They fail to list the numerous ones they have lost.
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Ivor_Pecheque Posts: 745
    First Post
    Forumite
    I've always been of the opinion that it's never good to get personal, Parking Eye employees are, after all, human, so I can get the point about using words that may be taken offensively, such as "scum," not quite sure that words such as "cowboy" are particularly offensive though. And let's face it,for multiple reasons, including the fact that The Judiciary, wisely, can read through the BS, they seem to be on the decline.

I have my own opinions about morals and ethics - I equate working for Parking Eye as equivalent to working for the Tobacco Industry, but their staff are allowed the choice. It's my own opinion, but I'm entitled to it. And in the big scheme of things, they are just wrong.

It's worrying that MSE has got knobbled. Andrea's post is a little disappointing. Is she in possession of the full facts ?
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Ivor_Pecheque Posts: 745
    First Post
    Forumite
    I'd be happy to inform her of our own experience at the hands of Parking Eye.
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • Nodding_Donkey
    Nodding_Donkey Posts: 2,738
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What I don't understand is this bit:
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    We can support your factual comments, we can’t support personal remarks about others

So surely 'scam' and 'scammers' are OK as it has been proved in court and at POPLA that this is true.

scam [skam]
    noun
    a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.
    verb (used with object), scammed, scam·ming.
    to cheat or defraud with a scam.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    It's my choice of words, it's not a profanity if it was it would be banned from usage by mse. It's of my opinion, mse cannot be held liable for the opinion of me. If parking eye wishes to take this further, they have to prove I caused them a loss by my opinion of them.

Now they can't even prove a loss in their own business, as attested by popla turning down all their defences based upon pre-estimate of loss. I wish parking eye a happy liquidation, that is my aim! Is that wrong by me? Well I wish the same on energy companies, so I'm not exclusive on my utter contempt for companies who are unethical!
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • BenefitMaster
    BenefitMaster Posts: 641 Forumite
    Why are my postings in this thread being deleted?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Why are my postings in this thread being deleted?

At a guess ... a PPC troll is reporting them and forum admins just auto-delete without investigating the reports.
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    The forum admins have also edited posts in zzzLazyDaisy's LBCCC fightback thread to remove RL's name
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure