IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPS TNC Notice to keeper over 200 days later

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Lakerblazers
    Options
    Hi bimma, i received the same letters from these !!!!s recently. *** parked on the same road working at JLR, they have sent me numerous letters now the fine is £179.00, they have even called me, i have not admitted liability of who the driver was at the time, as it has been over 56 days since the ticket was issued, i have chosen to ignore, after receiving the phone call they are threatening to take me to court, what is your advice on how to get this cancelled? Who do i need to email
    HELP!! I am not paying these !!!!s thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi bimma, i received the same letters from these !!!!s recently. *** parked on the same road working at JLR, they have sent me numerous letters now the fine is £179.00, they have even called me,

i have not admitted liability of who the driver was at the time, as it has been over 56 days since the ticket was issued, i have chosen to ignore, after receiving the phone call they are threatening to take me to court, what is your advice on how to get this cancelled? Who do i need to email
    HELP!! I am not paying these !!!!s thank you

You can't get it cancelled and will just be ignoring it like everyone else does, unless you get a Letter before Claim from the PPC or their solicitors, or a court claim. No biggie, we win them too in almost every case and they present no risk as long as they are not ignored.

If they call again tell them this is harassment and ONLY to deal with you by letter. You are entitled to insist.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bimma
    bimma Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 March 2017 at 7:51PM
    Options
    Lakerblazers you have gone against the advice on the forum in the sticky thread and ignored it initially.
    I didnt ignore it. I acted accordingly as the registered keeper as soon as I got my Notice to keeper.
    The letters they are sending you are standard 'demands' 'threats' issued on computer automatically after a certain number of days have passed.
    The one you cannot and should not ignore when it arrives now is if there is Court Papers
    Its a private parking charge so its an invoice not a penalty. the only they can get the cash is to take you to court. via small claims court
    Some companies do, some dont.
    They have breached the POFA requirements to hold the registered keeper liable so only the driver is liable . you should not admit who that was. (refer to my pm for a little hint).
    It should have been appealed based on the no keeper liability clause. But you chose to ignore initially., so Im not sure as to how to proceed from here ..maybe just ignore it until court (if they decide to pursue it, which i doubt?), and because I take it more than 28 days have passed since the Notice to keeper then you are past the standard appeal timeframe aswell?
    maybe one of the other guys can advise.

How did they get your telephone number?

I have sent you a pm aswell.
  • Lakerblazers
    Options
    Thank you for your response I am not sure how the company got my telephone number . And I guess I will be ignoring any more contact with them until/ if I receive a court summons. I will keep you guys updated thank you
  • Squeek1_2
    Options
    Hi my husband recieved the same ntk as Bimma from TNC dated 19/1/2017 for a windscreen ticket apparently issued on th 1/7/2016 which he never recieved from ukps,
    After researching for my appeal I sent the following letter to ukps as instructed

Dear sir/madam
    You apparently issued me a parking ticket on the 1/7/2016 but I believe it was unfairly issued
    I decline your invitation to name the driver,which is not required of me as the keeper of the vehicle.i will not be paying your demand for payment for the following reasons:
    No windscreen ticket was ever recovered from the vehicle and I have seen no supporting evidence on your part to state otherwise

You state the vehicle was parked in a car park with signage clearly displayed throughout the car park. Firstly Ashold farm road is as stated,a road , as it can be clearly seen on the pictures I have provided.
    Secondly,no clear signage can be seen anywhere along this road explaining what the relevant parking restrictions are,this means no contract can be formed with the owner and all tickets are issued illegally.
    As the notice to keeper dated the 18th January 2017 arrived more than 56 days after the apparent issue of the pcn,the notice to keeper failed to meet the obligations of schedule 4 of the POFA act 2012.

If you choose to pursue me be aware that I will not enter into any correspondence and this will be the only letter you will receive from me until you awnser the specific points raised in my letter
    Yours faithfully

This was posted on the 14/2/2017 I have proof of postage.
    My 28 days was due up on the 16/2/2017 I fell into the trap of the date on the letter trick not realising I had already lost around 5 days by the time i even opened the letter 😔
    On Saturday the 25/3/2017 I recieved a rejection letter stating I had missed the 28 days appeal slot and that they cannot assist me any further and that the debt is out of their hands, and any further correspondence to go to the debt recovery company called TNC parking services.
    With this I recieved two black and white pictures apparently showing my husbands car with the pcn attached (I'm still trying to find the pcn on the picture the quality is so bad )
    Between the postage of my appeal letter and my rejection letter I recieved two letters from TNC one stating action required immediately and the price rising to 179 incl admin charges,and the other notice of intended further action .

Please could you advise me where I stand now

I have been advised to reply stating again about the NTK being out of the 56 day deadline and that if they cannot adher to their own rules how can they in force them on anyone else and that I will not pay on these grounds
    I apologise for any errors I have made, or if I've posted in the wrong place, as you can probaly tell I'm quite new to all this.
    many thanks in advance for your help 🙂
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Please could you advise me where I stand now
    'Standing' on someone else's thread. You need one of your own where we can give you specific advice appropriate specifically to your case and circumstances.

Please open a new thread and advice will flow.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • bartos1976
    bartos1976 Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bimma, similar situation to you regarding TNC mishandling data. They chased me during appeal after serving NTk out out of time and continued to pursue after my appeal was allowed.

I too asked DVLA for information and got a copy of the V888, I will have to double check in what capacity they were operating but I intend on informing BPA and lodging a complaint with the ICO re handling and processing of my data, will you be doing the same?

As i understand it if we can get a complaint upheld by the ICO we then have strong grounds for notifying TNC of small claims and pursuing compensation.
  • bimma
    bimma Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 March 2017 at 11:25AM
    Options
    bartos

I made several complaints to BPA and DVLA. , DVLA werent really interested, other than acknowledging they are aware of the issues concerning TNC, and said they were working with the BPA to reduce the time frame down to 6 months for keeper data application.

BPA fobbed me off a few times but i kept telling them what the breach was and eventually after they contacted TNC and UKPS, UKPS decided to cancel the parking charge.

The cancelling of the ticket was based on the fact that TNC were sending letters whilst the parking charge was at appeal stage which is breach of BPA conduct.TNC acted like they werent aware of it being at appeal stage and UKPS blamed it on human error. The wording on their rejection letter they admitted was wrong and apparently the employee responsible was no longer with company (usual bull to wriggle out of it).

So they both realized they had been caught out so best thing to do was to drop it.

I have considered complaining to various organizations listed in one of my earlier posts n this thread just to highlight their conduct. These Parking Companies are out of control because they hardly ever get questioned so they think they can get away with so much. Most people arent aware of the rules/regulations and just pay up.

Not sure regarding small claims ...compensation for breach of data protection or what? Im not sure if there would be a strong enough case.
    can you post some info re grounds for compensation? and what is the likely amount of compensation...I read in your other post is it around £250.00?
  • bartos1976
    bartos1976 Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My apologies Bimma, not been on in a while, life taking over and as such i'm not going to pursue things further.

In case you are still considering doing so you might find this thread useful that I bookmarked when i was considering pursuing a claim against the PPC

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5585388
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport