Options
13»

Comments

• GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BBH123 wrote: »
    After 9/11 I bought my dream car as no-one knows what the future holds , so the Porche Boxster was on order.

Beautiful car , but sadly blew up 9mths after delivery, the engine needed replacing . they had to fly someone in from Germany to do it and cost £14k. Luckily under warrenty.

Now I am older and less frivoulous my wheels of choice would be a vintage VW Camper van.

So thats my suggestion OP, a campervan, painted a bright colour and must have daisys on the side.

Life on the open road is something of a right of passage I think, even for a short time.

Whoever you share your journey with will certainly know lots and lots about your bodily functions very quickly! Apart from that, it's a fabulous idea.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • Arthurian
    Arthurian Posts: 798 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another vote for reducing working hours to 4 days a week. Lovely long weekends and short weeks, shopping and outings become leisurely instead of the weekend scrum. See how it goes and maybe reduce again later, easing yourself into full-time retirement over a year or two. Look at the Ski-er or Skater thread in this forum for ideas - maybe a couple of holidays a year for a while, see how it goes and either cut back or increase the holidays.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure