PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Leaving tenancy early due to sociopathic neighbours

Options

Comments

• allhailthekale
    Options
    Okay. sure. Thank you.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Well I have to say my two lived outside when I wasn't home though they did have a kennel to go into if it was bad weather.....I found out later that the neighbours always knew when we were at work because they were in their houses lol

I would have an issue with the bowl of biscuits as I'd be concerned that they were attracting vermin but that's just me - also if they were dirtying in my garden I'd have an issue as well.

In fairness to the op I think she did the right thing in making sure that the cat was rehomed responsibly but I think she's hoping to cut short her tenancy as nothing she's mentioned would justify the early release.
  • allhailthekale
    Options
    That's totally fair enough. Of course I vetted the people beforehand. He loves it with them! The lady sends me pics all the time.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options

In fairness to the op I think she did the right thing in making sure that the cat was rehomed responsibly but I think she's hoping to cut short her tenancy as nothing she's mentioned would justify the early release.

Unfortunately, while there are many thousands of cats and dogs unwanted and abandoned each year, every person who doesn't take the responsibility of pet ownership seriously and gets rid on a whim is just adding to the problem and directly contributing to the number of animals that have to be destroyed because there aren't enough homes for them.
  • allhailthekale
    Options
    Not that it's any of your business of that I need to prove myself to you, but firstly, I am a vegan. I love animals. Secondly, I detest people that abandon their animals. This situation was beyond my control. I did not abandon my cat, I rehomed him to the right people.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    Not that it's any of your business of that I need to prove myself to you, but firstly, I am a vegan. I love animals. Secondly, I detest people that abandon their animals. This situation was beyond my control. I did not abandon my cat, I rehomed him to the right people.

People who could have rescued a cat that was actually homeless if they hadn't taken yours, that had a home and an owner who was perfectly capable of caring for it but for some reason didn't want to anymore.

Being a vegan means nothing if you treat the animals in your care poorly.
  • allhailthekale
    Options
    As I have said, it has been a situation beyond my control.

Thank you so much for your honesty though.
  • mrginge
    mrginge Posts: 4,843 Forumite
    Options
    Sometimes my cat is in all day, sometimes it's out. Sometimes it stops out all night.

It's a cat. It does what it wants and I just feed it and open the door when it shouts at me.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Red Squirrel

Now I think you are being unfair.

Yes there are plenty of animals in rescue centres needing homes - and I could get into a long debate about how you fix that (especially after the farce I went through when I tried to adopt a dog but I digress) but given the OP's cat was rehomed - and not abandoned - is neither here nor there.

It has nothing to do with the OP wanting to terminate her lease early dos can I suggest the thread is brought back onto subject and not taken off at a tangent
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    People who could have rescued a cat that was actually homeless if they hadn't taken yours, that had a home and an owner who was perfectly capable of caring for it but for some reason didn't want to anymore.

Being a vegan means nothing if you treat the animals in your care poorly.

Jeez, will you please stop? You've made your point, you don't approve of the what the OP did but banging on about it isn't helping anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure