Cashback on Vanquis

I've applied for Vanquis credit card simply to get the £25 cashback. On 14/12, I received weekly offer email and apply on 16/12.
Now I got the card, phone Vanquis, they said there is on such offer?

Can anyone confirm if there is such an offer please and how to challeange Vanquis?
Thanks
Sue

Comments

• Both you and a friend can get £25 using the 'recommend a friend' link. I can't see any mention on their website of £25 cashback just for signing up.

https://www.vanquis.co.uk/recommend-a-friend
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    http://www.preclicked.com/ or similar?

To get the £25 incentive you have to sign using the special link and follow the instructions.

I guess it's simply someone taking advantage of Vanquis's recommend a friend offer.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I suspect the "weekly offer email" mentioned is this one...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/14-12-2016/#credit
  • ixat
    ixat Posts: 42
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi
    Did you ever get the £25 incentive?
    (Like you I only signed up for the £25 and have had loads of dodgy emails & phone calls to my new landline number that no one else has!) ever since.
  • Hi. Has anybody got the £25 yet? I also got the card because of the offer and have satisfied the conditions but not got it yet.
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I rang them up to see what was going on and, as I expected, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

They are getting someone from the marketing department to call me back, but I am guessing I won't get the £25 cashback and so I will just shut down the account. It hasn't cost me anything.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • nossa_2
    nossa_2 Posts: 52
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just put the phone down, they are putting a request through to "client services". Will update here when I have a response.

I have also opened a complaint threatening the ombudsman and have kept a pdf of the original link offer. Hope MSE are paying attention and will come down heavily on companies misusing this community to gain customers
  • After reading Vanquis were unaware I have referred this to MSE directly as it does say they "blagged" this deal so they are party to it. I too am waiting for my £25. Third statement arrived today.....no cash back applied, I have fulfilled the criteria.
  • Having just checked my Vanquis account balance, I can confirm the cash back was credited sometime yesterday. Thank you to any forum members and to MSE for any input you had resolving this.
  • nossa_2
    nossa_2 Posts: 52
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Still nothing on my a/c have emailed MSE but this is really poor
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts