PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Comments

• FTM get better soon sweetie, Docky sends you a SLLUURRRPPP!!! and we send you all our love, Lyn, He Who Knows and the girls xxx.
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all..thank you for the hugs and sloppy kisses..
    I had an emergency scan again..it seems my ovary is swollen and causing me grief..i saw a very lovely consultant who actually gave me some anti-inflammatry?..pills..only had 2 so far and have to take 1 a day they are working wonders feel so much better..he is going to do some investigating and see if its possible to correct the position of my ovary to ease it..i hope so..feels like i have been punched at times..

Apart from that we have had a good week..our allotment is looking good..the garden is coming on nicely ..all my little spring flowers are up and blooming..shame is going to be so cold tonight but they may be ok..
    I had to buy a new scraper for my freezer..i lost the last one and it needs defrosting ..
    The chickens are in full production again..lots of eggs..so we have had eggs quite a few times this week..
    I went to the CS shop before all this started..and found a lovely pair of pinking shears for £2..bargain..was so happy anyone would have thought i won the lottery lol..
    It was my dd Heathers hen night last sunday..just a nice meal for her friends,me,sisters and mother- in-law to be..i enjoyed seeing all her old school friends and seeing how they have all turned into lovely young ladies..unfortunately her MIL to be is a different story..she didn't speak to me once or even make eye contact..and i was sat opposite her all night..i tried to engage her in conversation but was point blank ignored so many times..i gave up..it was uncomfortable and everybody noticed..i really don't know what was going on there..but i am dreading the wedding now..looking forward to seeing Heather and her man get married and all the bits and bobs and reception but i am dreading this woman..she was constantly whispering to her mate and giving me daggers...my other girls were furious with her..but i told them to ignore her.I did ask Heather was her problem was but she didn't answer me..its going to be a long day next Saturday i think..
    Anyway today my other dd Andrea is coming up to try her dress on again lol..so that will be nice..she absolutely can't wait to get married..at least her MIL to be speaks to me..
    I have had laundry out almost everyday this week its so nice to get it all dry for free..the red kite was back too..lovely..
    I do hope your all ok and having a good weekend.
    got to go the lazy heads are up at last..
    love
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    edited 22 March 2014 at 8:09PM
    FTM you are not alone with that. My son in law's Mother was awful to me and I tried so hard to like her. She would put me down at every opportunity, I think mainly because I was marrying my daughter and son in law(the job) and she wasn't happy about that. She wanted them to be married in Church but that wasn't what they wanted.

She made my daughter's life a misery as well so they don't have anything to do with her now.

I am pleased the tablets might be working look after yourself.

Off shortly to the matinee to see DGD2 in her show, really looking forward to it, and then we are treating ourselves to fish and chips on the way.home. Perhaps not very OS but we very rarely have takeaway so it will definately be a treat. Will tell you all about it later.(the show not the chips)!!:)

Bye for now
    Love
    Candlelightx
  • Well I am one very proud Nan:)

The show was wonderful, West Side Story, so of course the music was out of this world. The main characters were played by semi professional singers and actors, and the rest by students (my DGD is 14) who were great. They were so professional and I know how hard they had worked to achieve this. She seems to have matured so much recently and become very self assured

I am afraid I become very emotional when I hear some music(I am a bit soft) and they were accompanied by a professional orchestra who were so good. They played to a packed audience which was very well received.

Himself and I had a wonderful afternoon and I have the music playing in my head. She has her last performance tonight and will probably spend all day tomorrow in bed:)

Sleep tight everyone

Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning everyone :-)

FTM - Really pleased to hear the tablets are helping you :-)

Candlelight - so glad the performance went well, you must be very proud indeed :-)

We ended up with wonderful weather on Saturday and a bit mixed on Sunday. We had a great weekend, although I don't know that we actually 'did' anything. DH needed an eye test and the new glasses that inevitably come with that. He's getting some prescription sunglasses too tho so those will be much better for him. Did a little more hunting for anyone missing a ginger kitten, but nothing, looks like he's staying! Went to watch some more local rugby and then took a ball out and DH did some kicking and I ran around retrieving the ball - a good excuse for some exercise.

A little more batch cooking, including another tagine, potato, leek and parsley soup and middle eastern butternut soup. Made some ricotta from the dregs of some cream I had lurking about too. Also managed to go out for my first outdoor run since having knee surgery just over 3 years ago. It was just a short and very slow run but I was very pleased to have no knee pain at all, just pain from being unfit! Legs feel like lead today but good to have started to get back into it.

Right, best get on and do some work,

Hope you all have a lovely evening

Hoglet x
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all. Sorry I have been MIA. My little NetBook had an accident and has gone for repair so I'm muddling along with the iPad which is a bit of a struggle. It's a bit of a love/hate relationship and seriously curtails my web surfing (which may be no bad thing).

FTM - sorry to hear you haven't been so great. Hopefully the tablets are doing something for you now.

Candlelight - I love musicals and know most of them word perfect. A legacy of the school operatic society many years ago! My all time favourite is Brigadoon- I was gutted not to get the lead role but was cast as Meg Brockie instead. Apparently my nature matched hers more closely which I was most indignant about. Took me years to realise the part was made for me :rotfl:

MrsLW - nice to hear about your latest visit to daughter and baby Ezra. I'm sure you are looking forward to the next.

Hoglet- leek potato and parsley soup sounds delicious. It's not warm enough to call a halt on the soup making just yet so that has given me an idea for the next batch.

Wonderful weather here and the magnolia has been planted so am hoping for some dry ands calm weather to let is put out roots a little. My daffodils are looking good and I treated myself to two Lemmon hyacinths yesterday which will bloom inside and them I'll plant the bulbs outside. I think hyacinths may be my favourite flower. So full of hope for spring and lovely fragrance.

Off to attend to some mending before the end of the evening. Hubby seems to be somewhat accident prone at the moment!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 24 March 2014 at 1:10PM
    Hi all..what a beautiful day..we are going for a walk later..up the woods best place to be on a day like today.

I am feeling so much better..still the odd twang but can cope with it.
    We had a great weekend..started on enlarging our chicken pen..hubby and son had the great escape..was so funny to watch them try to catch them for a change..imagine Benny hill music and 2 big fellas chasing chickens that just don't want to be caught...
    I took the girls up to the church to look at all the lovely floral decorations..so beautiful..then we popped into the allotment and met the neighbours..nice chap and his wife..they offered me 2 old style deck chairs..in the lovely stripey fabric..so nice..
    I cooked a huge piece of beef yesterday and sliced it for lunch then froze all the rest..i made brownies and cookies too..
    Candlelight..thank you..i really cannot think of what this womans problem is with me..i have always held my tongue when dd and BF have had a fall out..its not my place to interfere in the relationship..unfortunately she doesn't hold back..i am dreading it..i have just been informed that all the ladies from the wedding party are going for a spa day on thursday..i am not invited..it has put my dd in an awkward position..its not fair on her..its her day no-one else's..it seem's to me she wants it to be her day as well..

I am so glad your gd had a great time..you must be so proud of her..she has worked so hard..hugs for you
    MLW..hope you having a lovely time with that gorgeous baby..
    SM..hi ya..
    Hoglet..hope your ok..your food sounds lovely.
    Kate helloooo...
    AOT..hi ya are you ok?
    Cheapskate..hello babe..how you doing ?
    Anybody i forgot please forgive me..but i hope your all ok...
    right off for lunch then a nice walk..
    love you all
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • Afternoon everyone, back from DD1 this time, the concert was amazing Motzarts Mass in C and Motzarts Clarinet Concerto and the soloist for the clarinet was Emma Johnson, I couldn't believe that the clarinet could sound that way, it was wonderful. Young Zebra is coming on in leaps and bounds and is beginning to have some head control, he's being weighed this afternoon so I hope he'll be up over 4kg, I'm waiting on a phone call from DD to tell me. We take Docky for his CAT Scan tomorrow so he'll have something in common with you FTM, won't he? I'm going open minded and we'll think long and very hard over his future when we actually know what he's up against, think of him?

FTM I had 2 MILs from Hell itself, in different ways, the biggest mistake I made for either of them was actually existing in the first place, sometimes that's all the reason needed for the spite and venom my lovely it's just how some folks are. You'll be OK at the wedding, just stay away from her and her 'group' and stay with your own lovely little family and have a lovely time and be happy for Heather and her husband, it's their day and they'll enjoy it all the more if you do too. For her MIL, well I just hope that the biggest most incontinent bird in the county flys over and gives her hat an extra adornment, chin up chicken, you can do it! We'll be there at your back and keep you steady, Love and Hugs Lyn xxx.
  • Pleased you had a good weekend Lyn, nothing like music to lift the soul.

You made me laugh re: mothers in law. I never actually had one, unfortunately she died just after we became engaged, but I have always made a conscious effort never to interfere in DD2s marriage, as much as I would like to have a say sometimes.

As you say have a wonderful time FTM on Saturday, it is Heather's day and you wouldn't want anything to spoil it. Smile sweetly if she looks across at you, but you have a lovely family and they will envelope you with their love and they will feel protective towards you. Just think of her as being a very unhappy lady, and how much happier your life is to hers.

For the life of me I cannot understand what some people get from being nasty and rude, but perhaps it is the way they have been brought up.

I hope the sun shines for all of you on Saturday.

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi everyone,

FTM - how horrible for you. She must be a very insecure person if she makes herself feel good by putting other people down, just a bully really. It can be so hard but I do hope you have a wonderful day on Saturday.

MLW - I will certainly be thinking of you and Docky, all the best for the scan. And it's so lovely to hear how Zebra's coming on.

I don't really have much to report, just work as usual and making use of the batch cooked dinners I've stashed in the freezer. Little Alfie has been booked in to be neutered in 2 weeks, our vets has a special deal on neutering at the moment so I wanted to make sure we could make use of it. Maybe that will calm him down a little bit but I think his kitten energy will continue for quite a long time!

Have a good evening everyone,

Hoglet x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family