PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    morning all
    i hope everyone is well (going to back read and catch up once ive decluttered the boys)
    didnt get anything done off the lists yesterday but was busy all day so hoping to get something achieved today
    oh on friday managed to post all the pressies for the 3 secret santas ive joined so that was a biggish bag declutered and idid the craft fayre so only have a small carrier of stuff left that didnt sell at that.

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One

Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America
    Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December Western Europe

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors
    Find and wipe the worksurfaces
    Level Two
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards!
    Clean WM and DW filters and top up rinse aid/salt
    Sort the cupboard under the sink
    Level Three
    Wipe the table, including the legs
    Sort through tea towels, table cloths etc and find the Chirstmas ones

Extras
    Right a list to stock up on Washing powder/liquid, pet food, kitchen roll, foil etc to see you through into the new year
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • skint_breeder_5
    skint_breeder_5 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 December 2012 at 9:19AM
    Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One 100% done at stupid o'clock
    [STRIKE]Clear the floor of clutter[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up[/STRIKE])
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Wash the windows[/STRIKE] only caught up with this a few days ago - it's FINE for another week at least :rotfl::rotfl:
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs - going to change this lightly sand and wipe the paintwork THIS WEEK ready for painting

Extras
    [STRIKE]Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America
    Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December Western Europe[/STRIKE]

Family overseas have had emails/skype - not a big one for cards :)
    Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Declutter [/STRIKE] Kitchen & LR done at stupid o'clock and mop/vacuum the floors - just waiting to take DS to nursery before cracking out the hoover and mop
    [STRIKE]Find and wipe the worksurfaces[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards!
    Clean WM and DW filters and top up rinse aid/salt
    [STRIKE]Sort the cupboard under the sink[/STRIKE] this is lovely and tidy still, all my cleaning boxes are fully stocked and tidy
    Level Three
    Wipe the table, including the legs
    Sort through tea towels, table cloths etc and find the Chirstmas ones

Extras
    [STRIKE]Right a list to stock up on Washing powder/liquid, pet food, kitchen roll, foil etc to see you through into the new year[/STRIKE] need more kitchen roll, but got the other gubbins stocked up last week

I have been flying by night since 3am.....WM has been fed 4 times and for some reason managed to eat my Diabetic Blood Monitor - this is now drying out in airing cupboard in the vain hope it MIGHT come back to life

I can only guess it got put in the dark basket in the utility by mistake, as there was one pair of jeans and a hoodie, both with empty pockets......need to get to a sensible hour and will have to go to hospital (again) and get another one.

had a good de-clutter of my pots and pans - some of which I have had over 20 years - in the past year I have lost two pans where the handle has rusted through and fallen off....so today I have lobbed the remaining 2 pans from that original set- in my state I can't risk a heavy pan of boiling veg spilling all over me if a handle decides to come off! I do have other pans, but they are all big ones, so need to keep my eyes open for a small pan set :D:D:D

also lobbed two frying pans that are not completely flat, fed up with things burning in them, a froggy wok from my old cooker from many moons ago that has never been successful on my new cooker (which is 8 years old, to me that is still "new") - an assortment of cake tins which are rusty and beyond reasonable use

my yorkshire pudding tin has definitely seen better days, and that is over 20 years old, so that is off to the recycling dump later with the other kitchen scrap metal :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: time to treat me to a new one

All pan and saucepan cupboards cleaned out thoroughly.....Plenty of roasting trays and grill pans in good order for roasting and party foods over the holiday period. :D:D:D

Stacked up all my casserole dishes neatly and found one is missing.......I fear it must have come to a sticky end at the hands of DD1, DD2 or DD3 as I have not had to clean up any shards of glass.....and to my shame I haven't used them since last Xmas holidays when kids had a houseful of friends over.

I have a box of spare microwave turntables that are going out to shed aswell, too expensive to throw away and may not be in a position to afford to buy one if mine shatters - so they have had a reprieve! for now

Completely emptied and cleaned out my spice drawer this was a whole pond full of frogs :eek::eek::eek::eek: - my black food colouring had tipped on its side and covered a lot of stuff, so if it couldn't been wiped and rescued in 5 seconds it went in the bin - all my remaining food colourings went in one icecream tub, all icing sprinkles/cake decorations went in another - veggie stock cubes in another, carnivore stock cubes in another - with a lid clearly marked:p:p:p a nice big tub for half opened packets of ground nuts, desicated coconut and sesame seeds, another tub for everyday herbs and spices and then squashed around lots of packets of creamed coconut - the poppadoms that had been quiet happily living there have been forcefully relocated to the rice and pasta shelf :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Time for a quick cuppa then get the day started properly :)
    The cold never bothered me anyway
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 December 2012 at 9:36AM
    Morning all.

Lots of kitchen sorting going on. I've put one WM on. Another one will go on shortly. Just realised I have 4 trays in the kitchen. They attract things to sit on them. Need to find a home for them. Or CS them.

Who's up for a blitz starting at 8.30am? I hate doing the kitchen, it's a really old kitchen and feel it never looks shiny. Can I have half a pound of inspiration please :)

EDIT Make that 8.45am blitz. Damn MSE is distracting me!
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • hex2 wrote: »

CY it might be interesting for your DD to ask for some feedback on her interview?

She had great feedback from the admin person - apparently she interviewed really well. Admin person says she didn't make the decision - which means the head did. DD2 feels that this is a bit of a kick in the teeth - given that he was the head when she was in her last year.....

We shall see - I suspect DD2 will do some jobhunting to try and find an additional income which will get her out of being supply...

Anyway - have decluttered my morning walk, DH and DS to work. 2 washloads done - first is nearly dry on the radiators (it's blooming cold in yorkieland atm!)

DD1 is awake and breakfasted - today is 1 of her days for a stint in the charity shop.

Time for a second cuppa and then I'm off to strip our bed....

Catch you later peeps...
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ok well I've walked the dogs (only a short walk, I feel fortunate to have stayed upright on the ice for 15 mins), sorted rubbish/recycling and hoovered downstairs. Paid stuff now beckons.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    Hi all. Hope your friend gets good news Dusty it's a horrible thing. A friend of mine has got through chemo, lumpectomy and radiotherapy this year. Another, who I'm having lunch with tomorrow, has a mastectomy on Wednesday.

Not much flying after work, went to gym then supermarket. Got quite a few Christmas supplies and few stocking fillers so a job well done if not on the list.

Tomorrow's a day off so gym x 2, lunch with friend, maybe time for a quick flight before going out in the evening (flower arranging demonstration).

Thank it was a cyst which has been drained and all is good. Best wishes to your friends on their journeys back to good health.

I've made a decent start in the kitchen. Just going to do WM filter and then ooff to the shower.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Busty day ahead. x

:eek: You have reminded me I need to go bra shopping.

Good luck & passing test vibes for Valli's DS

Hope you friend is ok Dusty

Update on my friend's DD. She is still in hospital quite a long way from home. Her family are allowed to visit on Wednesdays and at the weekend. I'm hoping that she will be home for Christmas.

To Do
    Post office
    Mr T
    Towel wash x 2
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Dailies done. I'm off christmas shopping now.

More problems with DS1. He didn't go to college at all last week. I'm so worried about him, he won't let me help him and is in a very bad place. the college have phoned and are suggesting that college is not for him. I feel sick to my stomach.

DH has gone to the planning appeal for the houses that are to be built on the woods next to our house. This is the 3rd appeal by the developers. How many bites of the cherry do they get?

Hugs and vibes to all in need especially Valli's DS
    I hope everyone has a good day.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Mumto5 big hugs sweetie, he will find his way hun I'm sure. Could you set a limit with him, say 2 months to just be and then at the end of that time he has to let you help him in some way? It sounds like there are a few different issues to deal with. Hope the appeal gets quashed.

Valli good luck for your DS

Just going to dry my hair and set the wm then pop to a garden centre to look for a couple of presents (my kind ofshoppng:D)
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Mumto5 - we are still battling to stop them building 700 houses on land near us - which is probably the site of the Battle of Fulford in 1066 (a battle in the run-up to the Battle of Hastings). Permission has been granted but we keep appealing - the site is called Germany Beck - and the beck in question (beck is another name for river/stream) floods when we have too much rain - twice already this autumn/winter! Who would want to but a house near a river that floods?????????????

Hope you can get some help for DS1. I'd offer to swap my DS but you probably have no need of a DS whose aim in life is to get so drunk on a Saturday night that he throws up all of Sunday! I am so not happy with him at the moment...
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport