December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,050
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone, another NSD today for me so thats number 2, Im hoping tomorrow will be as well but car is going in for MOT on Tuesday so whilst its there Im walking into town to do all my Xmas shopping, well all thats left to do so thats defo not a nsd. After I got in from work today I did another 20 min walk, before I did anything else I got changed put my boots on and went out:)and then had a cup of coffee when I got back in - its killing me:rotfl:

Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yay the :xmastree: is up :) chilling with a glass of red :)

Avon done so lots of walking although about half my customers were out. About 50 books dropped off though. M enjoyed seeing Santa with hubby ( not sure if it was the real one or not but didn't see any elastic on his beard) :D

Mum was quite good today. She has vascular dementia and is quite frail and immobile. She was awake and alert and interested in chatting so as good as can be expected really. Quite a positive visit although another resident was unsettled which was a shame.

My first NSD - yay :j
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • Lilt - are people playing stupid money for online cards they can't actually hold??? Your a genius.. and I really hope Bub gets better..Great news on the food front - well done you! I love it when new bits arrive. I am literally down to a jar of beetroot from an old AP order - those horrid pasta shells and chilli flakes...:p..

Search ebay for something like fifa ultimate team rooney or aguero or something like that :) those card are what the OH sells. He buys them in game with game coins earned by either playing (not a good idea, it sucks) or by trading, buying cards cheap and selling them more expensively. He enjoys doing it and it stops him from snapping the disc in half in his more angry moments at it :rotfl:Doofies buying virtual cards, whatever next...! Still, thus far he has made £66.10 from 4 cards worth 410,000 in game coins, and he still has 420,000 in game coins to use.. Won't be retiring just yet, but hey!!

NSD #2 here. Not even got out of our pyjamas all day - lovely Sunday! Minted lamb, mini jacket spuds, carrots, leek, peas, broccoli & sweetcorn for tea. Finally got some food in the bub this evening so hoping she is on the mend!

Still no exercise. Gym membership was the first thing to go in my economy drive. £30 a month for the local 'municipal' but it was still far too much!!

Hope everyone has had a satisfactory 2nd day!! Can I make it 3 in a row tomorrow? ;)
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi All...

First car load moved and had yummy homemade sort-of-soup for dinner... and got enough for tomorrow... Got a few veggies left to use so will do another batch after. Planning to have another 3 NSDs Mon-Wed. Two days in work then off for a week... Yippee!!!

:j:

DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    NSD today ... first one of the month :) feeling happy about it ...

shattered though so early night got a day of cleaning and xmas decorating got planing to do as well ........ im running on fumes at the moment so im hoping for a good night sleep to get my week started on a good foot as this feeling of drainedness is not helping my mission x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    NSD number one today as we just had a lazy day in. Should have a few next week. Going for lunch on Thu but hoping my friend pays as I invited her a few times in the past. If not then separate bills ;) and mine's budgeted for. Got a works xmas dinner on Friday but that's free and I'll take the car so I can't drink. Should also save some food for meals this week as BF is away on Wednesday, just some toast for me. And on Sat is his football Xmas dinner. So should be a good and cheap week.

Night night
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Good Evening everybody - love all this chat about NSD's and exercise!! It's so good to hear you are all cracking on with the food side of things as well...Mamma Kat is so proud..:)

I had a spend day today and I hate them. I have a budget for some hiking bits that I needed but still handing over the money nearly made me ill.. it was one of those situations whereby I handed the money, the teller took it, I nearly didn't let go..

AND I went over-budget.....by £40!!!!!!!!!..I FEEL SICK!!! Everything was half price that I needed thank goodness.. and I went to TK Maxx. I WILL make changes in my budget elsewhere to accommodate this but I had someone with me that put me right off - whereby if I had got to the till on any other day I would have put something back, because what I wanted to return wasn't accepted as I didn't bring the receipt...:mad:...

However... I can make ammends...I hope! Need to make some calculations now so I shall check back in later....

Onwards and Upwards...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 4 December 2012 at 6:41AM
    Hi Everybody,

I've sat down and figured out how much to allocate for December, and these are the figures:-

Food 50.00 (for 2 people)
    Petrol 105.00 (2 vehicles)
    Christmas Food 30.00
    Christmas presents 50.00

I did a supermarket shop on the 30th November and mainly kept to the list so now I intend to eat out of the freezer and store cupboard, so the 50.00 is for milk and any 'bits' that I may have forgotten.

I have some supermarket gift cards that I will use in an attempt to keep below the allocated 50.00 amount but that will depend if I can get to that particular supermarket as it's not my local one.

I have most of the presents I needed to get and have allowed a little for the few extra 'bits' I need. (Bits - there's that word again)

The only planned spend (other than food/presents/petrol) is to have my hair cut on the 10th and that money is in a jar already (I use jars rather than envelopes).

I really need to keep to my budget this month so that as much of our money can be thrown at the credit card on the 10th Dec to clear it, and then again before the end of December so that I can have it clear for the New Year. Then hopefully we won't have any new spends on it, and I'm pledging not to use the credit card at all next year. We always manage to pay the credit card off at the end of each month, it's just the shock of how much we've spent when the bill comes that I'm going to try to avoid so 2013 is going to be cash all the way for me!

I'm not aware of any homeless people around where I live, but we do have a local food bank, so I pledge to buy a food parcel and donate it to the food bank the next time I go into the supermarket. I'm not sure when that will be as I'm aiming for as many NSD as possible, but I'll let you know.

Yesterday (1st Dec) I wasn't scheduled to work but I was called in as somebody else didn't show up, so that was 8 hours extra for me. I won't get the money until the 21st Dec, but it will be a nice little boost. However I did have to purchase something for my lunch so yesterday wasn't the NSD I had planned. Today, however has been my first NSD.

I didn't do 20 minutes of scheduled exercise yesterday, but as I have a job where I'm on my feet all the time I'm going to count that. Today I danced about the living room for 20 minutes :D

Sorry for the massive waffle, my posts will be much shorter in the future, I promise ;)

Good luck everybody, and thanks for the thread NSK:T, I love your no nonsense attitude.:)

Food 50.00
    Petrol 105.00
    Christmas Food 30.00
    Christmas presents 50.00
    NSD 1/ 20
    SP 1/11
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning all.

Will be another NSD today as I have a full day of study ahead, I need to get my assignment finished this week!

I may do a bit of baking this afternoon too, as would like to make some cakes for ds3 school fayre.

£1 in the pot for my PAD which is going to my overdraft and I will pay in at end of every month.

Won't be any shrapnel for my other pots today as I have no small change in my cash box, but never mind, at least I'm not spending:D

I am planning a spend day on Wednesday as I need to go into town to the bank so will aim to do all my spending for the week then, keeping spend days to a minimum.

Need to look at my fridge n fresh list today to see what needs using up, so I can then plan dinner:) lunch for me will likely be a salad today and possibly soup from the freezer for the rest of the week.

Planning on walking to school and back twice a day, every day this week for my exercise, saves on petrol too:)

Hope everyone has a good day:)
    November NSD's - 7
  • just checking in quickly will write more later

saturday was spend day just few decorations ,which i had budgeted for, next planned spend day is wednesday . so just 1 nsd so far but today should also be one.

managed 30mins walking yesterday for exercise nothing sat as had lots of visitors all afternoon should be able to fit in a walk again this evening

must go busy day ahead

have a good day everyone

xx
    You can if you think you can .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business