PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How many of you buy fresh cut flowers?

Options

Comments

• beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I treat myself occasionally as they do brighten the house and lift my mood. Have a cheappie bunch of tulips I'm looking at at the moment!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • Pink_Giraffe
    Options
    I buy them occasionally, meant to get some more yesterday actually! Had some nice tulips from Aldi a few weeks ago which lasted well. Tulips are my favourite, and my mum gave me a planter filled with dwarf tulip bulbs for Christmas which are growing nicely. She grows sweetpeas and takes them in, but they make me sneeze! I've had a few things in from my garden, but my house is temporary so not growing much here - the space I can use is earmarked for food. Have plants all over the windowsills, but mostly seedlings, herbs and cacti (bit weird but I've always love cacti!)
  • mummyroysof3
    Options
    I do, but not very often. i got some daffadils last week and hubby got me roses this week but last ones before that was december
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I love flowers, especially tulips and as others have said the ones from Aldi have been gorgeous and at £1.89 a bunch well worth the pleasure they bring, but in the summer we always grow lots of sweet peas and I cut a bunch every couple of days. They look lovely and make the house smell beautiful:D
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I really miss having a garden so this spring I'm starting to decorate my house for the seasons; fresh flowers are the obvious choice for spring/summer and I'm thinking grasses etc for autumn, and just greenery for winter. We have a little florist shop in the village now and I'm looking forward to supporting her ;)

I kill pot plants, even killed an aspidistra once

FelinePrincess - I agree with meritaten, you need the flowers now ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • minerva_windsong
    Options
    The only ones I really buy are daffodils, at about this time of year - I like having something to brighten up my desk when it's still a bit gloomy outside.
    "A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister
    Married my best friend 1st November 2014
    Loose = the opposite of tight (eg "These trousers feel a little loose")
    Lose = the opposite of find/gain (eg "I'm going to lose weight this year")
  • DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I love having a vase of cut flowers to look at but don't buy them weekly, got a bargain in tesco's yesterday 2 large bunches of dark red valentines roses originally £20 a bunch reduced to 25p a bunch and in perfect condition. Said to my visiting son "look what dad got me for valentines day" his instant reply was "what were they reduced too"!! He knows us well.
    Slightly bitter
  • mollythewestie
    Options
    I don't normally buy fresh cut flowers myself, but did treat myself to a bunch of 99p daffodils from Sainsburys this week. They have just opened up and look so bright and cheerful. :)
    I have lots of daffodil bulbs in the garden, so when they are ready I will be picking my own.
    Value of prizes 2010 - 2017: £8374 Wins 2022: Magic set
    Debt free thanks to MSE
  • imataloss
    Options
    I love fresh flowers and treat myself occassionally to a bunch.
    I also tend to buy them for my DM, DS, DD and friends who need a treat/cheering up.
    DH sometimes gets them delivered for our anniversary or my birthday - they are always lovely. Don`t bother with valentines day though they are so expensive then.

Think it may be time to treat myself to another bunch this week.
  • angeltreats
    Options
    Not me.

Not for money saving reasons, but because one of our cats eats them and makes herself sick. She landed in kitty hospital for a week last time someone bought me some lilies :( Shame because I love flowers (tulips are my favourite) and our other cat doesn't bother with them at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure