PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Reheating pancakes

Can you reheat pancakes? Got to provide pancakes for 16 people on Shrove Tuesday so would like to make them earlier and reheat.

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    You can microwave them ... or store them for some time foil wrapped in the oven as you're making them ... but it all depends on how great you want them to be.

Clearly 16's a lot - and pancakes are best served directly from the pan.

So how many/person?
    How long after you cook them will you serve them?

Ever wish you'd never offered?

:)
  • It will be several hours before I serve them, I'm thinking 2 per person, so will need to make 32 pancakes! Yes, I must have been mad to offer, beginning the think ready made ones from Tesco might be a good idea.
  • ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Pancakes freeze and reheat great, don't worry about it.

To oven reheat, stack the pancakes on a heatproof plate and make sure you cover with foil to stop them from drying out. Put in a cold oven and warm to 180 for about 10 or 15 mins/20 mins if frozen.

To microwave (not from frozen), stack about 5, cover with cling film, pierce the film. Reheat on max for 1 min. Flip the stack to check if they're hot through, if not recover and zap for another minute.

If you're only reheating one or two at a time, best results are to reheat in a pan with a smear of melted salted butter.
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • gsymoo
    gsymoo Posts: 133 Forumite
    I always make them, stack them together and then reheat. It doesnt take long to reheat them in the pan individually and its the only way I manage to keep up with pancake demand on the day.
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ariarnia wrote: »
    Pancakes freeze and reheat great, don't worry about it.

To oven reheat, stack the pancakes on a heatproof plate and make sure you cover with foil to stop them from drying out. Put in a cold oven and warm to 180 for about 10 or 15 mins/20 mins if frozen.

To microwave (not from frozen), stack about 5, cover with cling film, pierce the film. Reheat on max for 1 min. Flip the stack to check if they're hot through, if not recover and zap for another minute.

If you're only reheating one or two at a time, best results are to reheat in a pan with a smear of melted salted butter.

Instead of clingfilm, you can also just put a plate on top. It's important the pancakes don't dry out or go chewy. I'd suggest a bit longer at a lower wattage gives best results.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Yes you can.
    Stack them with greaseproof between each one and reheating doesn't take long.

Ready made ones are nasty, your HM ones will be so much nicer :)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    OP, how are you serving them out of interest?

I've never developed a taste for the crepey variety, particularly not with lemon and sugar. My mum made them for me one year at my request, but warned me I wouldn't like them. She was right.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 February 2017 at 6:20PM
    I too would stack them with greaseproof paper between them I am not keen on panckes myself but make them for my DGS who will eat as many of them as I can cook ,straight from the pan :)
  • hardpressed
    hardpressed Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    OP, how are you serving them out of interest?

I've never developed a taste for the crepey variety, particularly not with lemon and sugar. My mum made them for me one year at my request, but warned me I wouldn't like them. She was right.

With lemon and sugar.
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Each time my dear little nephew who as ASD and Cerebral palsy comes over we make a gansy load of pancakes. He loves dropping the mixture in the pan and watching me flipping them (some end up on the ceiling lol) but only eats one or two!

So I put a bit of tin foil in between all the pancakes and pack them up, then mum and dad heat them up in the micro later (without the foil!). No complaints, they are scoffed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure