May the (NST) force be with you

Comments

• pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wholeheartedly agree with you Calling14. If I could work out how to send a hug, I would send one too.
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Another one here just grateful for having my family around me, and have them happy and healthy. It really puts things into perspective.
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all,

Wow it is quiet on here!

Sorry for my absence. Work is crazy and exhausting but only two more get ups :)

Payday tomorrow too :)

Two more SFDs but not sure where I'm up too. Poor effort on my part this month.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hugs from me too.

Yesterday was spent running mum round the infirmary (on 2 hours sleep - will persevere with lying quietly and reading). Consultant was great, showed us the scan and x-ray pictures and explained what was happening. Mum is to go on drip antibiotics for the next ten days - she can have this at home. Then another scan and a small procedure. She won't get completely better but the consultant hopes he can make her more comfortable than she is.

Bought baked potatoes from the (W)RVS and took them back to mum's. Her partner is currently in hospital as he was behaving erratically and the carer didn't want to leave mum alone with him. He was going to be discharged but when I outlined mum's new (additional) diagnosis and the treatment she is to undergo (I was worried that partner might interfere with the drip or pull it out) the 'memory woman' (what mum calls her) suggested that his sons get in touch with the hospital social worker and that he goes into respite care / step-down bed for the next two weeks.

Realised today that this means I could make a start on mum's decorating (she wanted it doing after he had gone to bed, so that it would be dry in the morning and he wouldn't mess it and himself) up. Help.

I have been to crafts today. Bit thin on the ground but helped the blind girl finish off two cards and she sewed a glove puppet. K from reception was 'in charge' of us. She made a pompom elephant but it wouldn't stay glued so I sewed that together for her.

For yesterday I am glad that my nearest and dearest are okay and that bookface notified me that DS1 and his gf were safe. Today I am grateful for a good night's sleep, for pleasant company and that several projects I have been working on are coming together. Glutton for punishment that I am, I offered to make a 1st birthday card for mum and partner's latest great grandson (3 months to go) and then got told I would have to do 2 more for the recent twin girls (since thought that I may need to do something for their two older sisters as well, otherwise there will be sulks).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,666
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Apologies for not checking in as much as I should. Spending hasn't been bad, but not good either - so-so, I guess. No idea on SFDs - but have been achieving them decently in last 2 weeks as so busy at work - looking forward to half term for a break next week :)

Need to rein in budgets - we have had some prices for new kitchen - which doesn't include any of the plumbing/ flooring/ plastering etc - would like to cover as much as possible without using CC - although may apply for a new 0% one to have as a backup for it, with a view to clearing asap if anything goes on there. (Will likely put as much as poss through 'normal' CCs anyway and pay them straight off - in order that I earn M&S and Debs reward vouchers :D (may as well get as much back as I can! :D)

Grateful for:
    * extra hours at work - meaning extra money
    * my tax credits still paying out for DD - I have tried to take her off 3 times now as I thought they'd made an error and I didn't want a bill for an overpayment - they have confirmed today that she is meant to be in there until this Summer (yeay!)
    * the gorgeous weather meaning that my washing is drying before bed even though it's often not getting hung out until almost dinner time!
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,649
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Today I am grateful for the next-door-but-one neighbours arranging to 'sort out' the in between garden with its towering sycamore tree and massively overgrown bushes, for the extra light we have at the back of the house, for getting jobs completed at work today, for big sis being her usual awesome self, for being able to knit a bit more, for seeing light at the end of the moderating + marking tunnel, albeit faint!, for finding an articulated doll for dd in a charity shop, for having a choice of buses that I can catch to get home from work, for all day birdsong, for my family.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,869
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Haven't posted for a while, don't know where the last week has gone! I'm now up to 15/16 NSDs.

Today I'm grateful for a beautiful day, the first day of a weeks holiday, my neighbour lending me a sun lounger, a clean flat, OH's mental health seeming better, homemade scones and aftersun lotion.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10238.44/£15000 (68.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1292.77/£1500 (86.2% saved).
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    A NSD. Went to local history (we are straying away from local history but very interesting and mutually supportive) then to mum's. One of her neighbours has died so I got my exercise by walking up to Morries in the blazing sun to buy flowers for the widow.

I took my old clothes to start on the painting but luckily someone has found a man who can do it. Put mum's washing out, brought it in when dry and made the bed up for her, then made scrambled eggs for her tea.

The intravenous antibiotics has started, not as intrusive as I thought but she still couldn't really cope with her partner atm.

Today I am grateful for pleasant company, for the weather not being too oppressive (had to use cortisone cream this morning but think it is partly down to a new canvas I was starting which is very abrasive - set it aside for now) and using other people's leftovers.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What a lovely sunny day :)

Busy at work and working at home as usual but it's nice to have breaks in the sunshine. Spendy day on treats for the students for their last day today. Payday today and we break up
    For half term tomorrow :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,809
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Just counted up and I am on 11/16 NSDs
    All food for the weekend is in the house, just need to buy 8ltrs of soya milk- that should see us until Monday

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend everyone, it is going to be hot, so I shall hide under the sofa or possibly the gym/swimming pool.
    Men are so lucky to be able to take their clothes off and wander around in what amounts to not a lot more than their pants.

Grateful for - half term!!, pickles, salads, the numbers on the scales s-l-o-w-l-y starting to go down, sprouting seeds - about a million sunflowers, motivation, DH cheering up, he loves the sunshine and warmth, and for us all being happy and healthy and not having to do the school run for a week. Oh, and a fridge full of ice cream.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport