Dro and fluctuations in pay

Hi all.

Just in the process of completing my dro paperwork.

Looking at my income it fluctuats week by week dependent on hours worked. I don't have set hours as I'm a truck driver. I have basic hours which matches my stated income of 400 pounds per week. But if I send them the last 2 months of bank statements it doesn't reflect this amount as I've been doing extra .

Any idea on what I should do. I've already inputted my outgoings to stepchange and also stated income which leaves me 13 pound.

Do you think I'll be ok if I state the extra amount is made up of bonus and extra hours worked ?????

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,341
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    ergot2005 wrote: »

Do you think I'll be ok if I state the extra amount is made up of bonus and extra hours worked ?????

Yes - do that. And then at some point try to have a phone chat with your intermediary.

The secret with stepchange seems to be to get to the DRO team as early as possible.
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    Hi ergot2005,

It is important to be up front with your intermediary and make them aware of this so they can guide you. If it appears to be a problem then a DRO may not be the solution.

The problem that you have is, if during your moratorium your surplus goes over the £50 per month the DRO can be revoked. This means that you will have lost your £90 fee, all of the debt will return to you (including interest and charges), and you cannot reapply for 6 years.

You need to be sure that this is the right option, and the right time to start it. If the extra work is likely to end soon, it may be worth waiting to start your DRO at a time that is more settled. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • ergot2005
    ergot2005 Posts: 19
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Hi ergot2005,

It is important to be up front with your intermediary and make them aware of this so they can guide you. If it appears to be a problem then a DRO may not be the solution.

The problem that you have is, if during your moratorium your surplus goes over the £50 per month the DRO can be revoked. This means that you will have lost your £90 fee, all of the debt will return to you (including interest and charges), and you cannot reapply for 6 years.

You need to be sure that this is the right option, and the right time to start it. If the extra work is likely to end soon, it may be worth waiting to start your DRO at a time that is more settled. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline

I cannot see it stopping really I work for as long as needed per day and I can get up to 75 pounds per week in bonus which takes my 400 pounds a lot closer to 500 pounds per week. Nothing is never simple in my life. So depressed trying to start over and forgot about the black cloud that follows Me around each day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure