What small DFW things will you do? W/C 22 May

DawnW
DawnW Posts: 7,419
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important :money:

Comments

• DawnW
    Forumite
    Couldn't see a thread, so thought I would start one :) Hopefully nobody else had the exact same idea at the exact same time :rotfl:
    Up before 6, after another less than spectacular night's sleep in the spare room, courtesy of OH's cold. Never mind, it is a nice morning and I had a couple of hours of blissful peace and quiet down here with the dog before he emerged with a crash and a snort :rotfl:

Today's plans:
    Showered in the ensuite in the spare room, noticed that the shower head needs descaling, so I have brought it down with me. Will find the descaling stuff shortly and do that :)
    Also noticed that the sealing strip thingy is coming away from the wall on one side of the shower cubicle :eek: so I must look into the best form of replacement for that!
    Must read the meters and enter the readings onto the energy company's web site. I recently signed up for a 2 year fixed rate deal, which is marginally more expensive than the plan I was on :( However, the likelihood of prices not increasing beyond this small addition pretty soon seemed too low to just leave it to chance!
    Need to start a shopping list - won't necessarily go today, but will start the list :)
    Pack and post some ebay items
    Visit sales unit and see what, if anything, is needed
    Make more progress on tax returns, as I now have all the information needed. It would be good to get this out of the way!
    Check for surveys
    Check banks, one is looking a bit low, and I may need to transfer some savings to avoid going into overdraft. I need to look at what we are spending a lot more closely than I have been recently, as prices are rising and our pensions aren't.
    Check for surveys
    HM meals from stores
    A bit of housework, not sure which bit, just conscious of avoiding it building up into a horrible mess - I don't like housework, or have the energy to deal with horrible messes, so a little bit every day is key.
    See if anything needs doing in the garden
    Dog walks - speaking of which, he thinks now is time to go - hope everyone has a good day :)
  • DawnW
    Forumite
    Oops I see we have duplicate threads, can the board guide please merge them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure