Refund of delivery costs?

Options

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My take on it.

Under CCR you have 14 days from delivery to use your 'change of mind' return power.

As you didn't use CCR then your return is based on the company's return policy.

You can't have CCR cover for 'change of mind' if you don't abide by the returns times.
  • Emily1975
    Options
    Thanks theonlywayisup - same conclusion as I have reached.
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    Emily1975 wrote: »
    All I wanted to know was why this transaction didn't qualify for a postage refund. If you read very carefully you'll see I never said I was annoyed about the £3.95 (just surprised), nor did I say I necessarily cared about getting it back. I did say I just wanted to understand the rules better because the evidence suggested my current understanding was flawed.
    Thanks anmarj - I've been looking on their website but missed that somehow. Mystery solved :)

Pot, meet kettle.

If you had taken your own advice, you would not have had to start this thread.
  • Emily1975
    Options
    Well duurrr - why would I have started this thread if I had already found the answer?

In other news, if you had revealed your (apparent) expert knowledge in the first place you wouldn't have had to reply five times :D

What's made you so grumpy this morning? Are you a Hull City fan?
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks theonlywayisup - same conclusion as I have reached.

So apologise then as you're wrong!
    God no wonder there's laws protecting sellers. It's people like you who cause them!!!!!
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    anmarj wrote: »
    http://www.landsend.co.uk/Returns/co/mobile-cs-returns.html

Reading the terms they state that if the return is after 14 days postage is not refunded, it is after the heading consumer contract 2013 bit �� Whether that is correct is anybody's guess

If they're only mentioning the CCRs then they're a little out of date ... the Consumer Rights Act 2015 is what matters now. (Albeit the CRA incorporates pretty much without change what the CCRs covered).
  • George_Michael
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    If they're only mentioning the CCRs then they're a little out of date ... the Consumer Rights Act 2015 is what matters now. (Albeit the CRA incorporates pretty much without change what the CCRs covered).

The CCR's are far from being "A little out of date" as they only came info force a little over 2 years ago (June 2014) and for the matter in hand, it is the CCR's that matter and not the CRA.

The CCR's (Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013) superseded the Distance selling regulations and it is the CCR's that allow for the 14 day change of mind for consumers (for most goods) and it is these regulations that state amongst other things, what information must be provided by the retailer and what they must return in the way of the price and postage originally paid and who is responsible for the return postage costs in the event of a cancellation.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Oh dear.

You're completely mixing up 2 separate pieces of consumer legislation. The CCRs (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013) is the latest piece of legislation that replaces the old Distance Selling Regulations. The CRA (Consumer Rights Act 2015) came into force to replace the Sale of Goods Act.

It's the CCRs that's relevant here.
  • fleshandbone
    Options
    The OP is the reason why this country is going downhill, there is literally no good faith from customers now, all they care about is what the law says or scanning T&C's looking for reasons to make demands.

I hope the OP gets there £3.95 so they can feel great about themselves.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The CCR's are far from being "A little out of date" as they only came info force a little over 2 years ago (June 2014) and for the matter in hand, it is the CCR's that matter and not the CRA.

The CCR's (Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013) superseded the Distance selling regulations and it is the CCR's that allow for the 14 day change of mind for consumers (for most goods) and it is these regulations that state amongst other things, what information must be provided by the retailer and what they must return in the way of the price and postage originally paid and who is responsible for the return postage costs in the event of a cancellation.
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Oh dear.

You're completely mixing up 2 separate pieces of consumer legislation. The CCRs (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013) is the latest piece of legislation that replaces the old Distance Selling Regulations. The CRA (Consumer Rights Act 2015) came into force to replace the Sale of Goods Act.

It's the CCRs that's relevant here.

Ooooookaaaayyyyy :)

So you're saying SoGA (now CRA) had no relevance to online sales? Really? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure