Do One, Debt!

Comments

• GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 7 April 2016 at 11:38PM
    Very funny Ena...
    I applied for a job today, I'll call it "s". I've almost completed an application for another one "C".
    I joined B@unts to try and get points for walking/exercise...downloaded mapmyrun and went out to my regular local shopping area. Well !!!!!! me it's not much off a 10km round trip! Also joined sh@pmium as in Martin's email this week. Bought all of the free offers I could find so got a nice large choc bar, pack of crisps and fruit cordial all for free via cashback. Got a YS loaf 65p then went to L!dl (in my defence it was raining and I needed shelter) bought choc biscuits, can of diet pupsi and crackers £1.85. Of 4 purchases, only 2 were on the shopping list :( naughty Gonna...sold another bay item for just a few pennies, so posted that off.

Today in cash
    Spent 2.50
    Earned 80p
    Goods to the value of 7.28
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Done another 8km walking however it did not log properly, so only got 5 b@unts points. Well at least I'm exercising.
    Had an offer for a temp job 6 months - I'll call this one "A", it would be i terview then immediate start, local enough and good money, so sending my cv off for that this weekend.
    May have friends over tomorrow, one afternoon and one evening, afternoon has requested lemon drizzle cake! Had to get a bit of top up shopping at Mr T's so spent £7.30 on cake ingredients, some veg and cheese.
    Finally "cashed in" £10 of vouchers from Feb, £5 on dibenhams and £5 on amzaon. Cashed in £3 amzaon on swaggy as well, as I want to buy a book for a friend which costs £9.
    Found a couple more clothes to go on the bay of flea asap. Loads of bay sales closing tomorrow so hopefully more cash coming my way!

Today in cash
    Spent - 8.39
    Earned - nil
    Goods to the value of - 13.00
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Oh yuk, think I walked too much, felt rotten all day. Lots of nice time spent with friends though!
    Made lemon drizzle cake but wasn't happy with it. Spent 5.25 in saino's on cream cakes, diet pupsi and hummus and tortilla chips - total panic buy. Friend then brought a box of eclairs with her- oops! So we just ate and ate cake all day. The Lemon cake was alright so we ate that too.
    Loads of bay of e sale stuff closed today, made £60 so need to send that lot off on Monday.

Today in cash
    Spent 5.25
    Earned 60.00
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Flaming heck I made £89 on the bay!!!! Couple of late payers only just coughed up today.
    Illness has turned into tonsilitis so not a lot going on today. However, no money spent:money:
    Sent off my A application :A

Today in cash

Earned 29.00
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Flaming heck I made £89 on the bay!!!! Couple of late payers only just coughed up today.
    Illness has turned into tonsilitis so not a lot going on today. However, no money spent:money:
    Sent off my A application :A

Today in cash

Earned 29.00

Brilliant spot of eb@ying Gonna :T Bet that feels good.

Sorry to hear about your tonsillitis, but yay to the NSD. Hope you feel much better soon. :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Urgh I'm getting there....possible interview tomorrow so I need to get there a bit quicker. Anyway I had a right good week in terms of raising cash last week, which is handy as I'm going away for a few days on Thursday. I think a break will do me good and I have literally almost earned it/covered the cost with my efforts last week.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Well done on the eBay sales xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 13 April 2016 at 5:24PM
    I was offered the temp job with "A" :beer::T

Starting on Monday for a 6 month contract. Same money as my last job but much less work:p and less hours!

I've got a confession to make...I've been buying clothes and spending cash...have not even added up how much I spent yet :eek: although everything was needed and was a bargain:D

I had a bad experience at Y@urs clothing, I ordered a load of stuff online to collect. After trying it all on, I only wanted to keep two dresses, however I was told that two of the dresses I did not want were sold at "more than 50% off" so there was no refund or exchange, but I could "sell them on"!!!! after much debate customer services were called who also wouldn't budge, insisting that a small red box with white writing on screen was enough to advise me of this policy when adding to online basket. So apparently I was to purchase two dresses which did not fit me. Obviously as it was online I'd ordered stuff in different sizes to try on! I was totally gobsmacked at this ry@nair style customer care.
    The assistant kept saying that "it's because we've sold them to you for less than we paid to buy them" now I know I've done well with the old bay of e lately but I'm not an actual retailer:rotfl:
    Then like a ray of light through the clouds, moneysaving advice came back to me....distance selling regulations...seven day cool of period....unseen goods:money: this time I was on the call to customer service for less than 5 minutes, then my order was cancelled and my card was refunded:money:
    So once all that was sorted, I then asked if I could now buy the two dresses I had wanted to keep:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:the joke was that the shop then had to give me the "20% off all sale items" discount they were promoting:money::p

So here is what I have bought, I'll update prices later

Jacket £17- half price
    Black cardi £3 - half price
    T Shirt £4
    Palazzo pants £8
    Black crepe jacket £19.99
    Black high shoes £17 (£5 off)
    Stripy dress for work £14.20 (£10.80 off)
    Flowery dress for going out £16.50 (£22.5 off)
    Two new bras £12 (used points vouchers to save £10!)

Erm that's over £111, but goods to the value of £180
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    I was offered the temp job with "A" :beer::T

Starting on Monday for a 6 month contract. Same money as my last job but much less work:p and less hours!

I've got a confession to make...I've been buying clothes and spending cash...have not even added up how much I spent yet :eek: although everything was needed and was a bargain:D

I had a bad experience at Y@urs clothing, I ordered a load of stuff online to collect. After trying it all on, I only wanted to keep two dresses, however I was told that two of the dresses I did not want were sold at "more than 50% off" so there was no refund or exchange, but I could "sell them on"!!!! after much debate customer services were called who also wouldn't budge, insisting that a small red box with white writing on screen was enough to advise me of this policy when adding to online basket. So apparently I was to purchase two dresses which did not fit me. Obviously as it was online I'd ordered stuff in different sizes to try on! I was totally gobsmacked at this ry@nair style customer care.
    The assistant kept saying that "it's because we've sold them to you for less than we paid to buy them" now I know I've done well with the old bay of e lately but I'm not an actual retailer:rotfl:
    Then like a ray of light through the clouds, moneysaving advice came back to me....distance selling regulations...seven day cool of period....unseen goods:money: this time I was on the call to customer service for less than 5 minutes, then my order was cancelled and my card was refunded:money:
    So once all that was sorted, I then asked if I could now buy the two dresses I had wanted to keep:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:the joke was that the shop then had to give me the "20% off all sale items" discount they were promoting:money::p

So here is what I have bought, I'll update prices later

Jacket £17- half price
    Black cardi £3 - half price
    T Shirt £4
    Palazzo pants £8
    Black crepe jacket £19.99
    Black high shoes £17 (£5 off)
    Stripy dress for work £14.20 (£10.80 off)
    Flowery dress for going out £16.50 (£22.5 off)
    Two new bras £12 (used points vouchers to save £10!)

Erm that's over £111, but goods to the value of £180

Yay, well done on the new job gonna, that's brilliant news :T:beer::dance::j And of course you'll need new clothes so don't feel guilty. Enjoy your last day of freedom :D
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Thanks Ena....first day starts in 12 hours eek!
    Had an amazing few days break, feeling good and hoping to stay that way.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family