Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Comments

• Think yesterday was the last day for that code. Hoping they refresh the buffet type offers soon - everything i want expires before we go at the moment
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I don't mind the wind, just so long as it doesn't rain.
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Got a little gusty at times by the pool in the morning on Saturday, but i don't think it got as bad as they were making out.

Mind you we got caught on the edge of a tornado in Washington earlier in the week so maybe my reference point is skewed :D

Looking really nice for the next few days though. I think we've bought half of the North outlets today, i don't think we've left anything in Gap :D some great bargains to be had.
  • bubble113
    bubble113 Posts: 484
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Our pool closed because of the wind, it was really windy! However my sister went to spring preserves and said it wasn't that windy there....
  • pebblesmax wrote: »
    I don't mind the wind, just so long as it doesn't rain.
    It rained on the monday when we were there, being on the open top bus was not fun lol. As for the wind I've never experienced anything like it, at one point I thought the bridge in between new york new york and the excalibur was going to fly away...with us on it!
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    One of the under drivers we had on Saturday claimed her car was shifting side to side in the wind on Friday :eek: We had to have the doctor out yesterday,as Daughters allergies went haywire and her eyes looked like prunes they were so discoloured. The doctor said Vegas has so much stuff flying around it usually sets people off. He phones the prescription through to the Walgreens near the Venetian, we're at the excalibur! We walked as my son loves the strip in the morning. When we get there,they couldn't understand a word the doctor said so we had an hours wait, while they got through to insurance company to verify it all :mad: A right carry on! One big surprise,when we got back to the excalibur,i was so hungry, against my better judgement,i ate at the buffet. It was brunch and it was actually quite good! Apparently,brunch and breakfast is alright there,but steer clear of their other offerings :D

Today we see KA :j I so cannot wait. I think we are suitably acclaimatised not to give into jet lag now and should be able to watch the whole thing! Still loads to do and so loving being here :T
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • secretmachines
    Forumite
    edited 10 April 2017 at 11:43PM
    Just got to say, i flippin love this place.

3 and a bit more days left here! :D

Edit - checked in to Vdara a couple of hours early, got upgraded to a Panoramic Suite!
    Didn't ask for it, or hint at it at check in, just happened :)
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    bubble113 wrote: »
    Lightning Links....had 14 in with 3 tries for the 15th to give grand jackpot of 21k....bit exciting but of course didn't hit...

I agree about those stack machines, I hate them....

Trying to get Dancing Drums but it's not playing ball.

I'm liking The Third Prince.....

Weather isn't great at the moment bit windy isn't it Traveller, Pebbles and Secretmachine!!

Sorry didn't see the weather comment before:o Thankfully it picked up a bit yesterday, but the wind has meant that it's very cool. I much prefer the temperature of the summer i think,lol! I'm not used of having to wonder do i need a coat today, when in Vegas,lol! Well today is our last full day :( At least we leave 9.30pm tomorrow anyway! For those out here at the moment,have a great time :)
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • secretmachines
    Forumite
    Anyone know what Virgin Atlantic is like with hold luggage which is slightly over, going from US>UK? Say 23.5/24kg instead of 23kg?

We're going to push the limits to the limit i think! 2x 10kg carryons and 2x 23kg (and a bit!) cases.

#toomuchshopping
  • secretmachines
    Forumite
    Phew, 23.6kg and 23.8kg went through bag drop without batting an eyelid. Hand luggage not checked, just given a tag straight away :)

Now the depressing part, sitting at the gate waiting to board... And the inbound flight was an hour late, prolonging the agony! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure