Pip assessment this morning

Comments

• Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    catty26 wrote: »
    i dont think i am allowed to record it am i ?

They provide the recording equipment - it records two cds and one is left with you.
  • catty26
    catty26 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Ted many thanks for you kind words , yes i am seeing my gp , it has effected my health i have RA Quite bad and back to hosp tomorrow to start a new drug , must admit to not looking after myself as much as i should . but being a parent i dont think any of us do , RE the mp what is best ? writing . or e mail or going to see her at one of her surgeries ?
  • 925dancer
    925dancer Posts: 537 Forumite
    About recording, there is no provision nor guidance for PIP assessments to be recorded, only ESA. You can provide your own equipment but you must be able to give them a copy of the recording at the end of the assessment.

I would be complaining to my MP, the DWP's own customer service team, ATOS/Capita and put in the mandatory reconsideration. I have been through the process myself and became very very ill for a period trying to deal with it all.
  • catty26
    update
    The complaint to capita is in they have said they have received it also dwp been made aware plus letter has been sent to them just to make sure capita told them ! . Today a letter came saying they now have all the information about her condition . sorry its took so long and will contact us as soon as a decision is made . notice sure how long now . many thanks and any more advace is always welcome x
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    925dancer wrote: »
    About recording, there is no provision nor guidance for PIP assessments to be recorded, only ESA. You can provide your own equipment but you must be able to give them a copy of the recording at the end of the assessment.

I do not believe there is any provision to require them to accept a recorded assessment if the assessor does not agree to it.
    And if they refuse, then trying to insist will simply result in the assessor simply marking you as non-compliant and leaving, or asking you to leave.
  • Well the brown letter has come , She has 4 points ..... we have had no letter back about our complaint they just carried on .. Our gp has said she will write a letter to them with our appeal, not sure what else to do , the letter has sent her in a episode so she is back in her bed and all meds vomited up so far ...not sure weather mp would help as i will have to work now and she wont be able to carry on with her education. We are gutted
  • catty26
    UP DATE
    well the appeal is with a decision maker , he has rang me to tell me he can not make a decision as concerned with the way capita have not handle the complaints by us and our MP and a charity , worried the assessment might been floored , Asked me to sent the letters sent me and will be speaking to them , summing up capita letters there are a lot
    of sorrys and the line manager has been off .. so not sure where this is going . Any ideas would be great ...
  • missblue
    missblue Posts: 30 Forumite
    Thank you for the information about recording (I record all conversations, and have never asked for permission, will approach the PIP differently now knowing the recording guidelines). We have not gone through PIP yet, but believe they have targets to turn down claims and most people are having to appeal. Have you approached a charity like Contact a Family for support and advice, they helped me with filling in the DLA correctly and I think they help with PIP too.
  • catty26
    fresh winds filled all the forms in for us ,,, just seems there all passing the buck at the moment x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure