Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 606Posts
    • 371Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 62
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 14th Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    • 506 Posts
    • 1,303 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    I'm still in the cooling off period at the moment, but so far I have been impressed. When I phoned them prior to starting my switch I was able to get all the answers I needed clearly and concisely, and was given a clear timescale for the switching process. They take the first direct debit payment a few days before the start of supply, but it's made clear when you sign up, and I'm fine with that.

When I signed up I received a series of extremely prompt emails confirming various details, and I was able to create my online account straight away. When I decided I would prefer my direct debit paid from a different account it was easy to change it online and again I received emails confirming the cancellation of one direct debit and the set up of the new one, very quickly, each giving clear details of the direct debit they referred to.

I found the website clear and easy to navigate, and although when I entered my bank details it said my account number was not correct, (it was), it allowed me to enter the IBAN number instead, and then confirmed the correct account details.

Obviously it's too early to give feedback on billing, but I wanted to share my experience so far, as for this aspect of the switch at least, I have found them to be very efficient and thorough. This isn't to contradict other people's negative experiences, but hopefully they have now fixed, or are fixing, their original issues, even if they have been slow at putting them right for those who have been affected.

Personally, I have had so many screw-ups with energy companies in the past, both on my own behalf and for my mother, with different departments not knowing what the others were doing, outdated systems that didn't communicate properly, human error, system error, long wait times for simple changes and corrections, etc, that I am reassured by the promptness and efficiency of the contacts I have had so far. Whether that continues, it remains to be seen, but as the tariff has no exit fee I can switch to another provider if I really need to.

I hope nobody minds that I have commented before my switch has completed, but I will give more feedback once my supply is fully switched, and again after three months. Fingers crossed!
    Originally posted by Marigold123
    Thanks for your contribution to the feedback on Iresa. Good to see that it appears to be going well for a new customer. Even though we signed up last year for electricity, we had the same experience and have continued to do so. In fact it was going OK, so we helped a relative to switch to Iresa; and again efficient sign up and ongoing service.

When our 1st year contract comes to end, currently planning to stay with Iresa for electric, if their prices are still competitive. In the past have been with Big 6 suppliers that have caused issues, so we are content with the quality of service provided by Iresa.

When looking at reviews and feedback, we also tend to note that it is the people with issues that tend to be the most vocal and that not that many bother to say when things have gone well. We hope that it all goes well for you.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 14th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 424 Thanks
    Marigold123
    When looking at reviews and feedback, we also tend to note that it is the people with issues that tend to be the most vocal and that not that many bother to say when things have gone well. We hope that it all goes well for you.
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    Thanks. To be honest, I only posted because my experience so far was strongly at odds with the feedback summary on the Cheap Energy Club. If it had been just average, or if the feedback hadn't highlighted issues, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

It's true that feedback is given most often for very good or very bad experiences, with a bias towards the bad, and not much information is available for those which were adequate or just OK. I think the Energy Club could help members to make more informed choices by sending out a feedback survey to switchers a week after their switch date, and three to six months later, and then perhaps again at the end of their fix, if they had one.

I would like to see suppliers scored on different areas of performance, as some things are more important to some people than others. For instance, I don't mind waiting in a phone queue for a little while as long as the service is excellent when I do get to speak to someone, and provided I don't have to do it too often. I do mind if I am given different information every time I call, agents are not properly trained on their product, inter-department communication is poor and their systems seem woolly and prone to error.

I will email the Energy Club and suggest this.
    Last edited by Marigold123; 14-09-2017 at 6:03 PM. Reason: Typo.
    A penny saved is a penny gained
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 14th Sep 17, 3:46 PM
    • 4,202 Posts
    • 2,448 Thanks
    Hengus

It's true that feedback is given most often for very good or very bad experiences, with a bias towards the bad, and not much information is available for those which were adequate or just OK. I think the Energy Club could help members to make more informed choices by sending out a feedback survey to switchers a week after their switch date, and three to six months later, and then perhaps again at the end of their fix, if they had one.

I would like to see suppliers scored on different areas of performance, as some things are more important to some people than others. For instance, I don't mind waiting in a phone queue for a little while as long as the service is excellent when I do get to speak to someone, and provided I don't have to do it too often. I do mind if I am given different information every time I call, agents are not properly trained on their product, inter-department communication is poor and their systems seem woolly and prone to error.

I will email the Energy Club them and suggest this.
    Your suggestion has merit but it is too early in the supply transfer process. Suppliers have 5 weeks to takeover your supply. They then need time to get your meter readings validated to open and close your accounts. In truth, you only really know how a supply transfer has been handled when your online account has been set up - with a validated meter reading - and you have got a Final Bill from your previous supplier. Under Ofgem regulations, the losing supplier has 6 weeks to raise that bill from the date of transfer but it relies on the gaining supplier to inform this process.
    Last edited by Hengus; 14-09-2017 at 3:48 PM. Reason: Typo
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 14th Sep 17, 6:02 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 424 Thanks
    Marigold123
    Your suggestion has merit but it is too early in the supply transfer process. Suppliers have 5 weeks to takeover your supply. They then need time to get your meter readings validated to open and close your accounts. In truth, you only really know how a supply transfer has been handled when your online account has been set up - with a validated meter reading - and you have got a Final Bill from your previous supplier. Under Ofgem regulations, the losing supplier has 6 weeks to raise that bill from the date of transfer but it relies on the gaining supplier to inform this process.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    You're right, of course, though I'm not sure how good my memory would be of the whole process by that time, (3-5 weeks from switch to start of supply, then another six weeks after that). Perhaps switchers who want to contribute could opt in to a series of emailed polls at intervals about the various stages of the switching process. People would be more likely to respond if they had given their prior agreement, and those who didn't want to wouldn't be bothered with unwanted survey requests. There would also need to be provision for those whose switches are carried out directly with the supplier and not tracked by the Club - the smaller, lesser-known suppliers are the ones the most people will have questions about - but I'm sure they could find a way to do that.

I will submit these as suggestions too.
    • AllanW
    • By AllanW 16th Sep 17, 12:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AllanW
    I switched from E-on to Iresa in March 2017 because MSE Energy Club showed big savings. Problems started immediately after they notified me that the switch was complete ... no requests for meter readings, no facility to submit readings, previous account not closed because Iresa didn't send readings to E-on and no reply to queries. Two months later I switched again - to Bulb - because communication with Iresa was unanswered.

As part of this switch Iresa gave Bulb a closing gas reading nearly double my actual reading (supposedly supplied by me) and then billed me a ridiculous amount for usage. Now, in September, having submitted numerous messages and complaints, including writing to the Chief Executive (unanswered), I am still waiting for a final, realistic bill from Iresa.

The Energy Club again shows substantial savings by switching to Iresa; if it means yet more hassle and being over-charged because of fictional meter readings and dealing with "customer service" personnel and a Chief Executive who are clearly not interested in delivering any quality of service, I would rather pay the extra to be with a decent supplier.
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 16th Sep 17, 1:11 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 424 Thanks
    Marigold123
    I switched from E-on to Iresa in March 2017 because MSE Energy Club showed big savings. Problems started immediately after they notified me that the switch was complete ... no requests for meter readings, no facility to submit readings, previous account not closed because Iresa didn't send readings to E-on and no reply to queries. Two months later I switched again - to Bulb - because communication with Iresa was unanswered.

As part of this switch Iresa gave Bulb a closing gas reading nearly double my actual reading (supposedly supplied by me) and then billed me a ridiculous amount for usage. Now, in September, having submitted numerous messages and complaints, including writing to the Chief Executive (unanswered), I am still waiting for a final, realistic bill from Iresa.

The Energy Club again shows substantial savings by switching to Iresa; if it means yet more hassle and being over-charged because of fictional meter readings and dealing with "customer service" personnel and a Chief Executive who are clearly not interested in delivering any quality of service, I would rather pay the extra to be with a decent supplier.
    Originally posted by AllanW
    Allan, that is scary. I will be watching this switch, and the whole period of supply, like a hawk. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 17th Sep 17, 10:31 AM
    • 1,930 Posts
    • 2,680 Thanks
    nigelbb
    It's now over a month since I moved out but I still haven't received a final bill despite providing the final meter readings. The good news is that I owe about £100 rather than Iresa owing me any money. I switched in November 2016 so perhaps their once a year bill will see me receive the final reckoning in November 2017.
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 17th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    Thought id give an update on my supply...well i was initially pleased with very very low prices,then had a bit of a rough patch when switching supply from EDF.
    Turns out EDF had my day rate as night rate and vice versa...two years of arguing over bills,ombudsman (they found in EDF favour despite a voice recording of EDF stating this is just wrong,you don't owe us...we owe you) this obviously effected the switch and only after switched was in resolved (nice big cheque for massive over billing plus around £1200 wiped from account)...so yes switch too longer than expected.
    However everything has settled down..Iresa ask for monthly useage on gas an electricty and its a doddle to use there website,and bills every month are cheaper than anyone else ive come across.
    Really cant fault the service or the price...have had long wait times on phone calls previously,but all seems good now.

One thing i would suggest for anyone with which ever supplier you have...take a photo with your phone of the meter reading,as standard it should have a time/date stamp and a photo is much strong proof of reading than simply writing it down,used it with EDF and the chap said by submitting a photo id basicly proved the case and cut short potentially weeks or months or departments/companies arguing over who was correct.
    Last edited by Samsung_Note2; 17-09-2017 at 1:36 PM.
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 17th Sep 17, 2:20 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 424 Thanks
    Marigold123
    One thing i would suggest for anyone with which ever supplier you have...take a photo with your phone of the meter reading,as standard it should have a time/date stamp and a photo is much strong proof of reading than simply writing it down,used it with EDF and the chap said by submitting a photo id basicly proved the case and cut short potentially weeks or months or departments/companies arguing over who was correct.
    Originally posted by Samsung_Note2
    Fantastic piece of advice! Thank you. Quick to do and brilliant evidence in case of a dispute. Would you consider emailing the Cheap Energy Club with this tip, in case it isn't picked up from here?
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 18th Sep 17, 3:26 PM
    • 1,930 Posts
    • 2,680 Thanks
    nigelbb
    Originally posted by Samsung_Note2
    Fantastic piece of advice! Thank you. Quick to do and brilliant evidence in case of a dispute. Would you consider emailing the Cheap Energy Club with this tip, in case it isn't picked up from here?
    Isn't this what everyone does anyway? I know I do.It's so much easier than writing down the readings & keeping them somewhere safe.
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 18th Sep 17, 4:02 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 424 Thanks
    Marigold123
    Isn't this what everyone does anyway? I know I do.It's so much easier than writing down the readings & keeping them somewhere safe.
    Originally posted by nigelbb
    Clearly not, hence my reply. Yes, I'm sure that once something becomes a habit it seems obvious, but unless you came out of the womb snapping away with your mobile phone, there will have been a first time you did this too. This is a forum for sharing ideas and helping others, not for telling everyone else how clever you are.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 22nd Sep 17, 11:21 AM
    • 17,013 Posts
    • 11,189 Thanks
    molerat
    Just had a phone call from the ombudsman. His findings are that they fell short of what is expected and required. Written apology and £75 award. Now comes the 14 day waiting period.

During the chat it transpired that maybe E.On were not totally blameless here, Iresa seem to have sent paperwork but failed to chase a response. Perhaps once the ombudsman was on their back they chased things up.
    Originally posted by molerat
    Bill this morning. Broken down into use for each meter reading from January, the ones they bothered to use that is. All correct and up to date. Now just waiting for their response to the ombudsman findings.
    Originally posted by molerat
    E-mail from ombudsman this morning stating we have both accepted the findings and they have 28 days to implement the remedy (i.e. send me a nice letter and give me £75).
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • SnowMan
    • By SnowMan 22nd Sep 17, 2:16 PM
    • 3,114 Posts
    • 5,783 Thanks
    SnowMan
    IRESA were given 28 days by the Energy Ombudsman to credit me with a goodwill payment of £30 and send a letter of apology after incorrectly billing me for gas and failing to respond in a timely manner to my request to be correctly billed.

IRESA have credited my account with £30 on day 28 and sent a letter of apology on day 28.

However is now nearly 9 weeks since my transfer from IRESA went ahead. There is no sign of a final bill or return of my credit.

So my credit of about £120 (plus the £30 payment) sit on my account and are not being refunded to me.

The Energy Ombudsman seems to be arguing that because they only required IRESA to credit me with a £30 goodwill payment and write a letter of apology there is no requirement on IRESA to final bill me and return my credit, although it is past the 6 week period that IRESA are allowed under OFGEM guidelines.

This is despite me saying that the outcome to my complaint that I was asking for was a prompt refund of my credit.

Please do not make the mistake of switching to IRESA.
    I came, I saw, I melted
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 24th Sep 17, 4:58 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    IRESA do have there issues...but lets face it they are seriously cheap,so everyone (ok ok lots of people) jump at the cheap deals and then they struggle.

Whilst its annoying to have to wait and sometimes things get messed up,there still a small firm that are finding there feet.

People complain about the big six as well...blimey i left British gas years ago and for roughly two years they were sending me final bills of hugely varying amounts as they simply didn't know what the true meter reading was (why oh why didn't i take a photo like i do now lol) so id owe in Febuary £100 but come March it would be £2300 then a week later £87.64 then following month £1987.59 then a cheque for £500 ish (or thereabouts) arrived and didn't bank ot for a couple of weeks just in case it was an error,ended up banking it and it cleared but still had bills coming and never the same amount.

Best bit was they even denied the cheque ever being sent as i owed them money...finally took the case to the Ombudsman and BG was told they were very naughty and close the account.

Just had a battle with EDF for 2 years...constant billing me wrong even after id send them meter readings and finally when i said i was leaving them they tried to say i owed £900 or thereabouts,despite having recordings of credits equaling £100 plus every single month due to having to phone them for several hours at a time,and an operator who went through account with a fine tooth comb clearly saying "We owe you XYZ...so why are we asking you for this amount" they still insisted they were right,took them to ombudsman and they agreed EDF were right (really what about the recording of the EDF employee stating i was owed not vice versa...she was mistaken,as EDF said so...lol).
    Just to get away from them i make a final offer of 75% of the so called debt (cant leave other wise) pay and walk away....go to IRESA my current supplier and guess what...EDF the whole bloody time had my dat rate and night rate electricity the wrong way round,so guess who was right all along.

End result was nearly £1000 payed back to me and some very red faces at EDF....should have pursued them for costs and stress,but the executive team were to be fair absolutely brilliant,sadly the poo has to really hit the fan before they get involved.
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 24th Sep 17, 5:04 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2

More than happy to Marigold...it does make sense,but trust me i've been through literally years of disputes with me saying XYZ and the energy firm saying prove it.

A simple photo would have shot them down in flames...had a meter swapped previously and wasn't aware they recycle old meters,the person who done the exchange didn't write the new meter number down and the ensuing problems were huge.

As i said a simple snap shot showing meter reading (phone date stamps it) would have solved all that stress....so now its snap snap and relax...lol
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 24th Sep 17, 5:10 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Al Ross
    Meter Readings
    I was just about to pass my readings to Iresa for this month and I have run into a snag.

My electric meter has just gone round the clock and the current reading is now 00420.Iresa on line submit readings is stating an error, saying readings must be greater than 999985,the previous reading submitted.

I can only imagine, that this is going to be fun trying to sort this out with Iresa !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,857Posts Today

7,161Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin