* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• PEPPAPIG- Thank you! Your memory is not deceiving you, I joined in with the Christmas prep fun last year.

I love this thread, I just often read in the early am before I go to work and when I'm not always compus mentus enough to respond.

Off out somewhere (hopefully Leamington Spa) today with my parents and husband, looking forward to that.

Does anyone know when the Christmas themed drinks are due to be sold in coffee shops such as Costa? My Mother in Law and I are planning an early (October-ish) Christmas shop in Birmingham, and would like to be able to treat ourselves to a festive drink. (Last year, we loved the salted caramel cappuccinos from Costa.)
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,281
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I think someone has already mentioned having a Christmas drink,was it Cinnamon?I speed read through so don't reatain everything.Doh!

Just wondering how GYD was getting on? Has the house move happened?

Off to a car boot sale in a mo with m y son,first for him for 2 years.He buys books.Everyone else in the world is getting rid but its ok folks he buys em all!

Liverpool was fab.They certainly know how to dress for maximum attention there.Glad to see that the wearing rollers out seems to have passed as a fashion staple.

All I bought were some loose top socks for MIL,and some Beatles pin badges for DD2.

Enjoy this nice weather.

Vx
     :
  • Hi Vulpix, still here reading away and wishing things would get a move on. The man I'm buying from wanted to move by the 29th and the solicitor is saying "I don't think it will be done by then", so in limbo and nearly giving up.
    On a plus front I received a letter yesterday from a magazine to say I won a competition and a cheque for £100. So that will top up winnings jar, we have it for little treats that we would never normally buy in a month of Sundays.
    So Christmas is on hold until we move x
  • Flowfy
    Flowfy Posts: 148
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    vulpix wrote: »
    I think someone has already mentioned having a Christmas drink,was it Cinnamon?I speed read through so don't reatain everything.Doh!

Just wondering how GYD was getting on? Has the house move happened?

Off to a car boot sale in a mo with m y son,first for him for 2 years.He buys books.Everyone else in the world is getting rid but its ok folks he buys em all!

Liverpool was fab.They certainly know how to dress for maximum attention there.Glad to see that the wearing rollers out seems to have passed as a fashion staple.

All I bought were some loose top socks for MIL,and some Beatles pin badges for DD2.

Enjoy this nice weather.

Vx

I think that was the pumpkin spice latte from starbucks they were on about. I think the Christmas ones (eggnog latte etc) come out about the middle of October. A couple of years ago they came out as late as 1st week of November for some reason.....because I was waiting!!!!!
  • nice weather? nice weather? l wish, but never mind the rain and cold gave me the perfect excuse to spend the whole day reading a book, and covering boxes to put all DGS' clutter in. (he will hate it!).
    No skype today, family are on their way home from a break in Beijing so cant skype.
    DS2 howled with laughter when l showed him the 'tutu' hoodie and said that as it was an Alice Cooper one the ruffles were fine. (l didn't follow his logic, but at least l don't have to re-do it.)
    As l only drink black coffee the seasonal ones don't affect me, so l have a piece of cake or a muffin instead, and don't feel deprived at all.
    GIYD don't give up on the move, it will happen xx
    Free, l also got the chocolate oranges, but DS1 took one, DGS took another, and the last one looks so lonely...........!
    The sloe bush at the back of my garden has not produced a single sloe this year, so unless l go foraging there'll be no sloe gin:(
    DS got her knee brace from the orthotist on Friday, but it needs some adjustments to make it comfortable, but at least it stops her knee giving way.
    right, l am off to break eggs with a stick, up and at 'em xx
  • good morning 😊 if anyone is after this, I managed to get them for £4.00 this morning in Wilko, they are huge! and great for teens with all the selfie scans etc - just realised I cant post links, its under Cadbury Christmas Heroes Advent-ure Chocolate on Amazon (£13.98) and under Cadbury advent search on Wilko site

they also have the retro Cadbury chocolate selection boxes in the old style wrappings for £4 and some of the tubes for 79p xx
  • Im just sipping the Starbucks Caramalised Pecan latte, wow they are nice!!
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • that is the one, thank you Peppapig! they are huge, my teens will love them hopefully! xx
  • Morning all

Never underestimate the fun you can have with an 8 week old puppy and a sick 7 year old - she has caught some horrid stomach bug from school so we have had her being sick most of Saturday (whilst I was in work and my mother in law had her!) but she isnt allowed back to school until she is 48hrs clear so she has a day off to chill today

Prep wise - all I have succeeded in doing is eating my way through a box of Heros - well not fully but I am waiting to be caught as no one else knows they are open! :eek::eek: and husband is off all week

I am still looking at ways I can afford my husbands riding present. I found a few bits I can sell on our selling pages so will post those up later and hope that they get me to the bulk of my way there with the credit union. i figure if I can get £100 in there by the end of November then I will use that to get it for him and surprise him.

Also realised I owe my mother in law money as well which she wants in November so I will have another load of money to pay out before then! £160 to be precise. I put £20 a month away for her watching the kids for me but this year I got a bit lapse with it :( my own fault but means Christmas is getting tighter! :eek: but overtime kicks in in October/November so I'm hoping that will pull me through.

Starbucks drinks - I wish they did something other than coffee.....or they did a decaf version of them - I cant drink caffinated coffee and would like to try one.

Nothing much planned this week I don't think. I am going to have a clear out with Holly today of her bedroom toys and see if we can re-home or donate anything before the big man comes. She rewrote her Xmas list the other week and said she doesn't want toys really this year because she is getting older now :(:( 7 mind! Shes only 7. Which also reminds me I need to discreetly look in my present cupboard as well because I think I might have put DS's in there and I wanted to gift her one of those for Xmas.....

Right Im off, Mini 4 legged boss is nagging......
    HBA1C 46 - 4/04/2023
    Declutter challenge for Jan - 20 /100
    Frugal Living challenge 2024 - £0 / £2200
    Savings for 2024 - so far £0.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business