Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    So lovely to hear from you Bob - although sorry times are still tough. My fingers are very firmly crossed for good news on the rates front.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    So pleased to see you posting again bob. Hope all goes well with the appeal.

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Great to see you posting Bob
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Experience is never wasted Bobs.

Whether you continue or not.

Hugs.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Glad to see you back on here again, Bob. Have you G00gled the people looking at the rates? - I only ask because the charity I was a trustee and treasurer for had a very similar offer from a company re our rates. I searched them and found conflicting reviews but the most worrying bit was that not everything they had promised was true. They became quite a pest, phoning myself and other trustees at least once a week and not really taking no for an answer. They were very much of the ppi-chaser type company (they also do that as well - in fact have tv ads for it) - not saying yours is for one minute, but it's just a possible heads up for you - and I hope that isn't the case & that it is all successful. xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    Glad to see you back on here again, Bob. Have you G00gled the people looking at the rates? - I only ask because the charity I was a trustee and treasurer for had a very similar offer from a company re our rates. I searched them and found conflicting reviews but the most worrying bit was that not everything they had promised was true. They became quite a pest, phoning myself and other trustees at least once a week and not really taking no for an answer. They were very much of the ppi-chaser type company (they also do that as well - in fact have tv ads for it) - not saying yours is for one minute, but it's just a possible heads up for you - and I hope that isn't the case & that it is all successful. xx

No, didnt google them. Didnt even think to. Well they have my money now so no point worrying (about that at least)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning

Not the best of updates (again) just seem to be struggling and struggling and not getting anywhere. I am taking money, but its not enough. My enquiries for last month went up by around 20 on the month before, and some of them are incredible. But they dont come off. I seem to end up with the chaff all the time, and even then have to chase around for the few pennies that they owe me. Some people literally have no conscience.

We don't have enough in our family budget to go around. So its like one thing is infecting the other, we keep bailing out the business, so we have no money, but the business bills must be paid, so we bail it out.

I have had a major equipment failure again since I last updated. Which means another large bill coming my way today, I don't yet know how much, and hopefully it can even be fixed.

Literally drowning here. The problem is, I know I need to find other paying work. But trying to do that when you have limited hours in the day, a child to look after who doesnt nap, a failing business to run, makes it sickeningly impossible. I have ventured onto various sites and the sort of money I could get makes it completely impossible with childcare.

Things are so bad, I just feel backed into a corner and cant see how anything can end well.

We had a family emergency yesterday, all fine now, but that pointed out to me from the emails and messages I was still getting, that people dont care a jot about me, its only them. Thats people im working with btw not just generally.

We are broke, everything is complicated and difficult, and right now I just cant see a way out that makes anything remotely easier.

Im writing this update for me to just have a place to vent to be honest, rather than for any replies.

I just really wish something would happen that would get me out of here!

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sweetpea26
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that you are going through so much Bob. You are always so thoughtful when replying to all on this forum. I sincerely hope and pray that you can find a resolution. God bless.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I honestly don't know how you cope Bob, I truly hope things turnaround soon for you - Lord knows, you deserve it!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sorry things are so difficult for you. Hope it gets better soon.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure