What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/02

Comments

• Well all theee children overslept (this NEVER happens) so I'm well ahead, hurrah!

Today:
    - bake cake (to avoid giving into cafe demands from the children later). done, just needs icing.
    - make wraps so our packed lunch is a bit more interesting. Dough proving, need to nip to post office then will cook.
    - scrape together enough cash from the change tin to pay for a bag of caster sugar as I forgot to buy it yesterday on my 'official' shop and I don't want to be tempted to buy more than just a bag of sugar when I nip to the shop. It's all in 10p pieces! :D
    - open the windows to air the house for half an hour so I don't have to put the dehumidifier on later. Done.
    - update YNAB.
    - Do at least an hour's work, and share on social media (this helps get new business in if I do it consistently).
    - Have also made flapjacks to use up apple sauce in the fridge and made a batch of carrot and lentil soup to use up all the slightly sad carrots and onions.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Morning All

DNMS - Sounds like a great day, enjoy!!

Welcome to TreadingonPlaymobil and allthe7s
    this is a lovely group and I hop you'll stick with us.

We're out this afternoon for a meal with DH's sister who didn't make it last week so will only need a snack later. My little list

Check Bank - Done
    Upload yesterdays receipts to COS - Done
    Clean/Tidy fridge and freezer -
    Meal plan for next week and write shopping list -
    Shopping with list -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read -

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Morning all,

I was up until 3am but sadly not dancing...just playing with my new budgeting tool! :rotfl:Oh how life changes when you are a grown up!:rotfl::rotfl: So YNAB is up and running :T

Hospital appointment today so will be glad when its done and I know the outcome - hoping I don't have to have another procedure.

List for today:
    *General tidy up
    *Burning of all the sheets of paper with budget on for next couple of months as I have YNAB now!
    *Put cheque in bank that arrived yesterday...cant wait to give those £'s a 'job'!
    *Pick up theatre tickets that are ready to collect and inform of date/time I would like for the other show
    *Survey experiment
    *Washing mountain - only dry clothes to put away.
    *Food from stores
    *More pet related cleaning
    *work, work,work

Welcome allthe7s and TPM! I love this thread, they are all super lovely and keep me on track with all their motivation! I liken it to a morning coffee with a neighbour :)

Have a lovely day!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,078 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning Campers,
    Slept better, thanks Purplefairy......didn't wake up till nearly 5a.m so that's good for me while I'm in an insomnia phase (life-long problem on & off). So was feeling sufficiently unzombified to get my head round 2 disasters 1) mr f went out to get in the car for work & discovered a significant L-shaped crack in the windscreen which wasn't there yesterday. 2) I managed to throw a bin full of bleachy water all over the kitchen rug. Hmmmm. On with today's money saving:
    *Clean whole house using minimal products & washable cloths (DONE)
    *Make loaf in bread machine. (DONE)
    *Sow free sweet pea seeds (DONE)
    *Sort out my little secret savings tin (DONE)
    *Write letter using recycled envelope (DONE)
    *Check car insurance policy for info on how to claim for a new windscreen/chec excess, etc (DONE)
    *Chase bank for a letter we should have received last week (DONE)
    *Do a few surveys (DONE)
    *Pay 3 x 50ps into my sealed pot (DONE)
    *Transfer small sum to Loan Pay Down Fund (DONE)
    *Collect marmalade money (mr f doing)
    *Use yummy leftovers from Valentine's meal for tonight's dinner (In hand)
    STILL TO DO:
    *Update budgets
    *Fill in diary for a longer survey panel I'm on at the moment. It doesn't take very long at all & it's £15 payment which will go straight into the loan pay down fund when I receive it.
    *Finalise meal plans. Nobbled mr f over breakfast about these. Nearly sorted.
    *Write shopping list.
    *Downstairs heating off until this evening (turned bedroom radiator down this morning. It's definitely warmer today)
    That will be it. I shall then be disappearing into a lovely hot bubble bath with a magazine. mr f's cooking night, a clean house & (hopefully) straight budgets.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone :wave:

We’ve got free theatre tickets for this evening :D Hopefully spend about £20 between us for drinks and travel :cool:

Angelpye – I hear ya sister! I :heart: YNAB :dance: (that’s me doing the reconciliation dance :rotfl:)

Here’s me:
    Didn’t wash my hair because I’m cool like that :cool:
    Used freebies :A
    Cheapo porridge brekkie – can’t believe how much we used to spend on cereal…
    Can’t believe I can still get make up out of my foundation tube – I’ve thought it’s been ‘finished’ for months and I’ve not even cut it open yet ;)
    Looked at trains for w/e to parentals – probably cheaper than driving :think:

Probably lots more but trying to type quickly at work… Catch up soon!
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Enjoy your weekend away, Purps

Nothing much going on here today

I am absolutely ravenous as I skipped dinner last night (did YS shepherd's pie for the teens.) I've had my soup and infuriatingly there are no freebies to eat (on account of me finishing the last two apple pies for breakfast :rotfl: ) I am tempted to pop downstairs for a bag of crisps but should force myself to go to the supermarket to at least get a multipack for the same amount.

I'm thinking anchovy spaghetti for dinner tonight while I am in possession of a courgette. I am definitely planting some of those babies this year. I've never grown veg before on account of a debilitating caterpillar phobia but I had it treated by the Spe@kmans a couple of years ago and while I still don't love them they don't freak me out any more. Are courgette plants particularly prone to caterpillar attacks?
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hello Gang

Small things before I run off for the last school run for a week!

1. Continuing to build up a sensible self employment wages food stash. I'm aiming to have enough to cover 2 bad weeks ultimately. I am such a price geek that I spotted a fail on the per 100g price at Mr S on gravy. Essentially it showed that the smaller box was cheaper by 2p on 100g price. Which couldn't be right. Maybe I will point it out ;)

2. Now have £10 built up in nectar points which is the most I've ever had and not been tempted to spend :)

3. Did a live chat with the building society I am hoping to move the kids cash savings to. But it's a bit annoying. The building society they are currently in is closing and moving too far away to make it appealing. Plus the rate is terrible now 1.8%. The account I've found is 4% It it's one of these that you can't put all the money in right away, you have to drip feed £100 a month, and then the account closes after the year is up. Has anyone else done these kinds of things before? I was more hoping to find a good paying account to transfer both funds to and just leave it be.

4. CC statement arrived. 1 more month to go and we will have a nice clean £0 balance bill. Might frame it :)

5. Have a receipt to add on for a Toys r us purchase a few weeks ago where we didn't have the gold card. Have emailed them this morning.

6. OH is working from home so we are saving on travel today.

7. Keep checking new FD account. I am finding that card transactions are slow to show up. Is that normal anyone else who has FD?

8. Checked all my banking. Still waiting to hear if I have been approved for the 25 free business banking account I applied for a while back. They sent back the statements they'd asked for yesterday so fingers crossed. Will save me around £20 a month if so £240 per year of account!

9. Stripped the beds. 4 loads to do. 2 done. All washed in basics £1 powder and drying free/no tumble

10. Old company shareplan statement arrived and filed.

Have a good Friday all.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Ooh, I'm picking up so many ideas from reading everyone's lists! Need to control myself and not give myself too many things to do or I'll lose interest though.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • FatVonD wrote: »
    Enjoy your weekend away, Purps

I'm thinking anchovy spaghetti for dinner tonight while I am in possession of a courgette. I am definitely planting some of those babies this year. I've never grown veg before on account of a debilitating caterpillar phobia but I had it treated by the Spe@kmans a couple of years ago and while I still don't love them they don't freak me out any more. Are courgette plants particularly prone to caterpillar attacks?

courgettes are pretty hardy FVD and they grow quickly so I don't think you'll have much problem. caterpillars didn't seem to bother with them for me, they were after lettuces, carrots and attacked a few things in the garden. If you are going to grow in pots look for bush variety seeds :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Courgettes are amazing as well, you get so many from a crop. Home grown are great.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport