This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,913 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Definitely the food. Mr Watty drove the car he fixed into a bank yesterday. A roadside bank not a financial bank :rotfl:
    It needs a new headlight :(
    He did however glue the broken bits back together and tape it in place so at least the car can be driven - so long as there is day light :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Watty1
    Can't you just use the nectar points for buying groceries at Sainsburys? :)
    I should add this didn't occur to me until I read this comment. Clearly I am not as MSE as I pretend to be :)

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good work of Mr Watty on taping the headlight tho :) My business partner used most of a roll of tape of mine when he arrived at my house for a meeting having just whacked something at the side, and his mirror was hanging by a thread. I can recommend tape :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Finally admitted I do not like the garden much, because of a few plants. I have been ignoring it as I don't want to spend money on it but I have now weeded and deadheaded and admit I just don't like it. So, drastic action. Cut down some grasses there were a mistake, I clearly bought the wrong variety as they have grown to nearly 2 metres tall, cut down two rosemary bushes that were dominating and now the bins are full. Need Mr Watty to dig out the roots despite trying for half an hour just cant get the things to budge. There are a couple of other things to go to that are just plain untidy. Instead want a few neat tidy evergreens that do not require continual looking after.

• Karmacat
    Sounds like a courtyard garden might be the right way to go: adding variety through different surfaces - cobbles, slate, bark chippings, with your evergreens planted in the soil under the bark chippings? I sympathise.
  • Watty1
    Sounds a good plan KC. The garden has a fantastic structural layout with a lovely bed running through the middle and a gravel and brick mix of steps. Mr Watty helped remove some of the grasses today and now the bin is full so work has stopped until the bin men have been. I've also made a list of suitable plants via an online shopping site that sounds like a spring bulb :)
    And in other news the new headlight arrived today - but - it was for the wrong car. Argh!

• Karmacat
    Sounds lovely (except for the headlight!).

And perennials rule, which includes bulbs :j (oh! I've just seen what you did there :D ignore me, I'm slow :rotfl:).
  • Watty1
    Overslept. Just made coffee with the three who work in a similar field. We try to meet up once a month at a local coffee shop. Lovely gossip. Now back at desk.
    Feel a bit overwhelmed by work I must admit. Oh and bites - was meeting new puppy on Monday and I seem to have been bitten either by cat fleas there or cat fleas somewhere else. Vicious whatsits they were. Would take an anti-histamine but then will be too sleepy to work. At least it's not a real problem.
    And we are going to get a puppy. Mr Watty really wants one. I still miss our old dog too much, but, compromise. And they were gorgeous.

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Puppy! I don't think I would ever adopt a baby dog since I don't fancy house training and I like the older guys anyway, but they are so cute. What breed?
  • Watty1
    Puppy! I don't think I would ever adopt a baby dog since I don't fancy house training and I like the older guys anyway, but they are so cute. What breed?

Never having had a puppy no idea what we are letting ourselves in for!
    German Shepherd arriving in 3 weeks.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback