giraffe69 wrote: »
    Talk about making it difficult!

Tell me ANY gov department that make it easy:(
  • macman
    macman Posts: 52,992
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    antenna wrote: »
    Is this a "Free" pensioner "Freedom Pass"......therefore no top-up.

No, because if the OP is applying for a 60+ Oystercard, then they are not old enough to qualify for a Freedom Pass. The 60+ covers the interim period until State Pension age. The OP must therefore have either a PAYG Oystercard, period Travelcard, or a season ticket. And be topping up or paying by cash.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • macman
    Forumite
    edited 16 February 2018 at 3:55PM
    London50 wrote: »

It's administered by TFL, not a gov't department. The process, if done online, is straightforward and very efficient-mine took about 4 days to arrive.
    The only difficulty here is caused by the OP not possessing a debit card. So why not pay a friend £20 to use theirs?
  • Donaway wrote: »
    I have taken the verification letter and proof of age and address to the post office and paid the admin fee

My question now is about the photo of myself do I wait for them to contact me by post with the details on where to send the photo as there are no details about a address where to send it

Also how long does it take from the time that you apply to the time that you receive the pass

In order to download the verification letter I assume that you set up an online account. So now log in and see what it says about sending your photo.
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    macman wrote: »
    The only difficulty here is caused by the OP not possessing a debit card. So why not pay a friend £20 to use theirs?
    The payment card has to be registered to the applicant's address - it's used for address verification.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,442
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    London50 wrote: »
    macman wrote: »
    It's administered by TFL, not a gov't department. The process, if done online, is straightforward and very efficient-mine took about 4 days to arrive.

OT, but TfL is a government organisation, but it is regional, not central.

They have to verify your address because otherwise people who don't live in London would try to claim the card.
  • macman
    Forumite
    Nick_C wrote: »
    OT, but TfL is a government organisation, but it is regional, not central.

They have to verify your address because otherwise people who don't live in London would try to claim the card.

The board of TFL is appointed by and answerable to the Mayor of London. Not to any central gov't dept such as the DOT.
  • I suspect the OP has got his/her card by now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family