And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a good day for you. And you'll be grateful for the conservatory repair when (if) the weather improves.

You're right - no fun sitting in a puddle :rotfl:
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    You're right - no fun sitting in a puddle :rotfl:

Unless you are an 18months old Pickle, in which case it's the best thing ever!!!!
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    This is one hell of a cold snap! I went prepared today, down coat, bobble hat, the works. The only bit showing when I was on duty was the tip of my red nose:p

Work flew but I got through what I needed to and all my marking was done before I left. I've got a busy day and a late night tomorrow though so glad I'm not behind with things.

Today was rent day so money was transferred to the os pot. I went on line and paid my repair bill so I'm up to date for now although the car is going in for a service this week which may blow my figures completely. Looking on the bright side (as we must!) at least I put money aside each month to cover things like this. Other than the repair bill its been a nsd.

Other successes included;

My sister really liked her hm birthday pressie

Fixed my broken watch strap with super glue.

1/2 hour walk and a good natter at lunchtime. Really enjoy this (b****y cold though!).

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo roast pork dinner for lunch and hm pork in hoisin sauce and rice for dinner). My ys pork joint just keeps on giving! There's lo hoisin pork for lunch tomorrow and there is enough for sweet and sour on Thurs. We are having Jambalaya tomorrow with chorizo left over from last week. I've no chicken so I'm going to substitute this with ...pork:rotfl:

Spin class done

2.25 litres of water drunk (takes a bow)

Daily sweep and wipe done

Kids on great form

I'm in bed with a hot chocolate with the electric blanket on feeling tired but a good, productive sort of tired. Content as a content thing:)

I'm going to read a few pages of Greying Pilgrim's diary which is fab(as are the recipes) followed by a catch up on Silent Witness and lights out by 10.15.

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Unless you are an 18months old Pickle, in which case it's the best thing ever!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I'd forgotten about silent witness. Had to suffer the footie last night - Hubby's team playing. Completely forgot about silent witness.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    All in all, you're doing ok and you seem very on top of things! - January is always a tough month, even without unforeseen extras! It seems a very long time since we were last paid, and an even longer time until next payday (although, it is *only* 13 days away!).
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I'd forgotten about silent witness. Had to suffer the footie last night - Hubby's team playing. Completely forgot about silent witness.

Did you get chance to watch it wish? Quite confusing unless I'm just being a bit thick!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    All in all, you're doing ok and you seem very on top of things! - January is always a tough month, even without unforeseen extras! It seems a very long time since we were last paid, and an even longer time until next payday (although, it is *only* 13 days away!).

Hiya BTE :wave:

You're not wrong. I've got 18 days to go:eek:

Glad to see your hip is holding up to spinning - not one for taking the easy option are you?:rotfl: Hope your return continues to go well xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Wednesday already - can almost see the weekend:j

Work was busy and its felt like a long day but the classroom was left tidy and the marking was done so I'll be glad of that in the morning.

No money news other than it was a nsd. I've nothing to shuffle to TT which is shame. I hate the mid month lull.

The first of my bangles arrived from China and its lovely, really intricate fretwork pattern and it feels reassuringly solid and heavy. Not bad for 43p including postage:).

Today's other successes included;

Power class done - managed to increase my weights a bit for the first time ever. Might regret that tomorrow...

Cheap, healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo hoisin pork and rice for lunch and improvised jambalaya and hm flatbread from the freezer for dinner which was absolutely scrummy and the kids wolfed it down. So cheap to make and took 10 minutes in the pressure so must put it on the MP more often).

Drank 2 litres of water (2 days running!)

Went for a 20 minute walk and a natter at lunchtime.

Daily sweep and wipe done and dd has hoovered.

One load of laundry done and hung up and a other one in

Lo boxed up for tomorrow's lunches.

Was later to bed than I wanted last night so must be more disciplined tonight. Going to bed to read and lights must be out by 10.15:o

PP xx
  • sofarbehind
    Options
    Your new year is storming ahead PP, you are so organised. I'm so impressed by your early nights, I really need to work on that. Hopefully the exercise will make that easier.
    Mortgage overpayments 2018: £4602, 2019: £7870
    Mortgage overpayments 2020: £4620
    Mortgage 2017 £145K, June 2020 £112.6k:o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family