Applying for a 60+oyster photocard

I will be applying for a 60+ oyster photocard shortly I cannot do it online as I do not have a credit card to pay the admin fee online so I will be applying in the Post Office where I can pay over the counter

I understand the process only for one step that is you need to provide a verification letter that you download I guess from the website that deals with the 60+ card

My question is what is this verification letter ? is it step 2 when you apply online and provide your personal details ?

Comments

• If you don't have all this information you can still apply online but may be asked to:

Download and print off a verification letter and take it to a post office in London with proof of your age and address
    Pay the £20 admin fee at a post office
    Send us a passport-size photo of yourself in the post
    https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adult-discounts-and-concessions/60-london-oyster#on-this-page-2
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,551
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Can't you use a debit card?
  • Donaway
    Donaway Posts: 113 Forumite
    If you don't have all this information you can still apply online but may be asked to:

Download and print off a verification letter and take it to a post office in London with proof of your age and address
    https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adult-discounts-and-concessions/60-london-oyster#on-this-page-2

Still does not answer my question what is this verification letter ?
  • Donaway
    giraffe69 wrote: »
    Can't you use a debit card?

I do not have a credit card or a debit card so I have to do the process through the post office
  • Donaway wrote: »
    Still does not answer my question what is this verification letter ?

Apply online and when it comes to the point asking about debit/credit card, download and print the verification letter, take it to the post office with ID documents where you live and who you are then pay the bloke behind the counter your £20 and send a photo to the issuing company.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 52,992
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Assuming you have a bank account, is there any reason why you can't have a debit card? How do you top up your existing Oyster card?
    It would save you a lot of unnecessary effort.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    macman wrote: »
    Assuming you have a bank account, is there any reason why you can't have a debit card? How do you top up your existing Oyster card?
    It would save you a lot of unnecessary effort.
    Is this a "Free" pensioner "Freedom Pass"......therefore no top-up.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You can top-up an ordinary Oyster Card using cash at most newsagents.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • Donaway
    If you don't have all this information you can still apply online but may be asked to:

I have taken the verification letter and proof of age and address to the post office and paid the admin fee

My question now is about the photo of myself do I wait for them to contact me by post with the details on where to send the photo as there are no details about a address where to send it

Also how long does it take from the time that you apply to the time that you receive the pass
  • Donaway
    Donaway wrote: »
    I have taken the verification letter and proof of age and address to the post office and paid the admin fee

My question now is about the photo of myself do I wait for them to contact me by post with the details on where to send the photo as there are no details about a address where to send it

Also how long does it take from the time that you apply to the time that you receive the pass

Somebody help me out please
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport