IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 parking ticket - Kingswood retail park hull

Options
2»

Comments

• Rhodesbunny
    Options
    Again THANK YOU. Incredibly useful. It's like a 24 hour helpline on here :0) I have the retail park costa coffee ready on speed dial for morning (where I had my meeting). I will be laying it on thick as I have met there for a long time and will not in future if this is not cancelled.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well done

and remember this mantra

you parked for 2 hours in accordance with the parking rules

any alleged "overstay" was grace period to park and read the signage , plus sufficient grace time to leave the car park , as per the IPC CoP and its also in the BPA CoP

if the parking time allowed was a more realistic 3 or 4 hours like on many retail parks this wouldnt have happened
  • Rhodesbunny
    Options
    Hi again, I'm about to call the retailer (costa) about my charge. Any advice on what else to say? Feel nervous about it but totslly determined to get this cancelled. Any tips would be welcomed..

Thanks again in advance for your support.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 July 2016 at 3:00PM
    Options
    You should start by saying you need to talk to the Manager about a complaint. Then tell the Manager (not any little Saturday girl who answers) that you are really angry about this harassment and demand for money. Can they cancel it? If they say 'nothing to do with us' then do not say 'OK THEN' - it is clearly not OK. It must be to do with someone because parking firms have to be contracted by someone, they don't just appear one day and slap some signs up, nor do they own the car parks.

If Costa 'can't help' ask who runs the site, get an email contact or name of the managing agent of the retail park.

No rambling about what happened!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi again, I'm about to call the retailer (costa) about my charge. Any advice on what else to say? Feel nervous about it but totslly determined to get this cancelled. Any tips would be welcomed..

Thanks again in advance for your support.

Try this:

http://www.thecomplainingcow.co.uk/how-to-complain-tips/
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    And this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Post #2 has links to G24 successful complaints, all pretty easy. We've had loads since then too.
  • DaneM
    Options
    Hi, I know this is from last year but does anyone know what happened with this as we've had a letter from G24 today for the same retail park. We spent a long time in the Costa there catching up with my mum and brother (we live in Bristol) so was going to try and contact the Costa or the Retail Park and see if they will cancel the ticket.

Thanks, Dane
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Click on the thread starter's username, look at their profile. They haven't been here for a year.

What happened in this case, one of hundreds, is no different than all the other cases re G24, regardless of which retail park they were infesting.

All the same. All cancellable by retailers, every time. Do NOT ask nicely, get angry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure