Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

alwaysonthego_2
alwaysonthego_2 Posts: 8,471
Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
edited 3 February 2010 at 11:47AM in Food shopping & groceries
This is a continuation of the previous thread which can be read here

The thread for Tesco Voucher Codes can be found HERE.
Whilst the discussion thread can be found HERE.

This thread is for discussion of everything else related to Tesco Clubcard.

For discussion on the Loyalty Points Article, please join us HERE

Comments

• Fruity1
    Fruity1 Posts: 926
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In answer to wolvesfan on the previous thread someone else had posted on another thread that they were going to stop anything other than level 1 courses being paid for with clubcard vouchers. So it sounds like its a possibility
  • dickieg
    dickieg Posts: 725 Forumite
    I have only just joined Tescos Clubcard and have amassed £250 of rewards already,now could someone tell me if this is possible please, we have a tourer and if we put it on Park Resorts can we use the rewards to pay for this, if so how. Thanx in advance
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    dickieg wrote: »
    I have only just joined Tescos Clubcard and have amassed £250 of rewards already,now could someone tell me if this is possible please, we have a tourer and if we put it on Park Resorts can we use the rewards to pay for this, if so how. Thanx in advance
    You need to have the Deals vouchers first, then visit the appropriate page on the Tesco Clubcard website - see here. It says your rewards tokens must arrive at Park Resorts within 3 days or your reservation may lapse and you may lose your deposit. Please note that rewards tokens cannot be replaced, so we recommend that you send them to Park Resorts by Special Delivery.
    What I would do is:
    - check out this PDF first, make sure the site you want to go to is listed
    - ring them up and find out how much it's going to cost (make sure you tell them you will be paying with clubcard vouchers).
    - order your vouchers online (using the "see here" link above)
    - wait till they have arrived
    - book your Park Resorts holiday please call 0844 050 2591 seven days a week, 9am – 9pm Mon to Fri, 9am – 6pm Sat & 10am till 4pm Sunday) - remember to tell them you are using Tesco vouchers
    - Send your rewards tokens quickly to:

Finance Admin Team
    Park Resorts
    Swan Court
    Waterhouse Street
    Hemel Hempstead
    Herts, HP1 1FN

If you follow this process, you shouldn't have any trouble. :D
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • Bulwer
    Bulwer Posts: 65 Forumite
    Just to clarify the situation on Open University vouchers, here is what is posted on the OU site.

Changes to Tesco Clubcard Rewards Tokens scheme

The terms and conditions relating to the use of Tesco Clubcard Rewards Tokens for University courses will be changing at the end of May (2010).

From 1st June 2010 Tesco Clubcard Rewards Tokens can only be used for Level 1 courses (not level 2 or 3).

This change was brought about from a review of the scheme, in the light of the current economic situation that all universities are facing.

Until 31st May 2010, you can continue to use Tesco Clubcard Rewards Tokens as full or part payment for any undergraduate level course that is open for registration, which includes courses with October 2010 and February 2011 start dates. Registration must be complete before 1st June 2010.

After that date, Tokens may only be used in registrations for Level One courses.

So - if like me you have enough to pay for a course, you need to pay for it before 1st June. At least we haven't been completely hung out to dry. It will cost Tesco a fortune though as I have done all of my shopping there for the last few months and was intending to do so for the next 4 years it would take to complete my degree. As none of the other rewards offers take my fancy, I will be taking my business to either someone cheaper (Asda) or someone with better quality products. (Sainsburys)
  • dickieg
    dickieg Posts: 725 Forumite
    What i was thinking of doing was putting it on for the whole season next year, do you think this would be possible
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    What i was thinking of doing was putting it on for the whole season next year, do you think this would be possible
    I'd give them a ring - I'd would have thought so but you never know.
    It doesn't seem to exclude it in the PDF.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • mousytrap
    mousytrap Posts: 367
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello all,

I have just logged into Clubcard for the first time in ages. We don't get many points these days as we spread our shopping around and don't womble, but a couple of years ago we were raking them in...

I've just found that we have £33 in my name and £15 in OH's name that expired 30/11/09 which we didn't use, so quite a fair whack.

I logged in because I wanted to book some ferry tickets for just over 3 weeks time. I need to get the vouchers from Tesco within the week so that I've got time to book it 14 days prior. We also have some more recent ones we could use but I don't want to waste the earlier ones if there's some way around it. OH is not travelling on the ferry so this is just my account I'm looking at at the moment.

I started to order the ferry company vouchers and I thought I'd stick in the expired voucher codes and see what happens. It seems to be taking them... Obviously I didn't finish doing the order because if it's going to take them I should go ahead and add some more stuff to the order to make it up to the value of vouchers we've got.

On the other hand, time is a bit tight and it's going to be inconvenient if they reject the order further down the track. (Probably not the end of the world as it's half the price to pay cash, but you know how it is...)

So has anyone else ordered deals with expired vouchers and did you have problems later or did it go through OK? And was it recently? (just in case there might have been policy changes since then...)

I've still got the Tesco window open and hope to finish the order later tonight.

Thanks
    mousy
  • TheDink
    TheDink Posts: 443 Forumite
    I've just checked my Clubcard balance online, and it's not yet been zeroed. I thought this would have happened by now ready for the February statement. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I hope I get the vouchers in Feb as I want to convert them into Airmiles under the double miles deal.
  • I don't have a Tesco Clubcard, but I want to study a 10-point Open University course that doesn't attract any government funding or financial support and I know that it's a lot cheaper if I use vouchers to pay for it. Is it possible for me to buy vouchers from someone else and use them myself for Open University, or would they know that the vouchers didn't belong to me and not allow it?
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    mousytrap wrote: »
    Hello all,

I have just logged into Clubcard for the first time in ages. We don't get many points these days as we spread our shopping around and don't womble, but a couple of years ago we were raking them in...

I've just found that we have £33 in my name and £15 in OH's name that expired 30/11/09 which we didn't use, so quite a fair whack.

I logged in because I wanted to book some ferry tickets for just over 3 weeks time. I need to get the vouchers from Tesco within the week so that I've got time to book it 14 days prior. We also have some more recent ones we could use but I don't want to waste the earlier ones if there's some way around it. OH is not travelling on the ferry so this is just my account I'm looking at at the moment.

I started to order the ferry company vouchers and I thought I'd stick in the expired voucher codes and see what happens. It seems to be taking them... Obviously I didn't finish doing the order because if it's going to take them I should go ahead and add some more stuff to the order to make it up to the value of vouchers we've got.

On the other hand, time is a bit tight and it's going to be inconvenient if they reject the order further down the track. (Probably not the end of the world as it's half the price to pay cash, but you know how it is...)

So has anyone else ordered deals with expired vouchers and did you have problems later or did it go through OK? And was it recently? (just in case there might have been policy changes since then...)

I've still got the Tesco window open and hope to finish the order later tonight.

Thanks
    mousy

you cant use expired deals vouchers, and it seems tesco are no longer recrediting expired deals vouchers

however, if they are just expired tesco clubcard vouchers, then it seems, these can be returned and recredited to your account

F
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport