Cheap Nespresso Compatible Pods

Was shocked to see that Costco are now selling pods that work in Nespresso machines. Having just spent over £70 for pods that work out over 33p each I was gutted to see a big box of pods in two strengths for just £19.99 with no Vat on them. I think there were 100 pods in a box. Medium 3 roast or medium 4 dark roast were the two flavours on offer. They were also selling a Nespresso machine and they had one of their testers making coffee's using their pods in the Nespresso machine. I like the green Indirya pods or the purple pods and this was most close to the Medium 3 roast - the 4 tasted a little more bitter and not as smooth.
I wonder how long it will be before Nespresso find out and stop them selling them!

Comments

• tailo
    tailo Posts: 45 Forumite
    Thanks. Will check it out tomorrow.
  • sadie11
    sadie11 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Visited my local Costco today, No Nespresso machine or compatible Nespresso capsules stocked. :-(
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I tried Sheffield Costco was told they will only be at larger stores.
  • tailo
    Costco Watford has the Nespresso machine and the compatible Nespresso pods in stock the last time I was there.
  • Patmoore
    Patmoore Posts: 104 Forumite
    There are few companiess in Europe that have started selling Nespresso compatible pods. The patent runs out next year, so I suspect we might get lots more copies!
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Excellent news - about time the Nestle rip-off got a serious challenge. They're fighting hard to protect their patents (only one of which expires in 2012) but with luck they'll lose. Not a nice company, in so many ways.
  • sadie11
    Which model Nespresso machine was it? I already have a machine but wanting to upgrade to the Lattissma
  • tailo
    I think it's the Lattissima.
  • sadie11
    None in Sheffield. If anyone visiting Costco this week can they please post model stocked.
  • It was the Watford store that had the pods last week and it was the Lattissima Nespresso model they had on offer with plenty of stock.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure