Limited information on Loan

I recently had a success with a Lloyds Loan PPI reclaim. despite sending me a massive form - which I left - I then got a call, I explained when I had a loan my employment was unsuitable to claim PPI, and got a payout. Surprisingly simple, and never had to fill in the questionnaire.

So this success got me to investigate other loans - like many at the turn of the century I went from one loan to another, and havn't kept much paperwork as normally paid them off (often by taking out another one!). But I found an old Experian report that mentioned a Bank Of Scotland credit card, I filled in their enquiry form online, and received a letter that said I had PPI on a loan with them... The trouble is apart from the loan number on the cover letter I have no more details, including dates to provide them in the questionnaire. The dates are more relevant as PPI was inappropriate for large parts of my working life. But they want me to fill in the big questionnaire within 14 days.

Can I request further details on the loan from them before returning the questionnaire? Or, like with Lloyds, are they likely to simply call me? Otherwise all my answers would be 'Can not answer'. What is my next step?

Comments

• You were lucky with Lloyds. Most banks require you to complain in writing by filling out their complaint forms.

If you want to research your complaint, you can send the Bank £10 for a Subject Access Request (SAR) which will return all information they have on file for you.
  • Thank you - I thought as much. I was a bit annoyed that having merely requested information from BoS they then send me a 'sorry about your complaint' from (I hadn't complained) giving me 14 days.

Fortunately I came across the following trial free SAR online form for BoS -

**aahh* can't post links. OK, you can apply for a SAR free of charge online with BoS and they promise to get the results to you quickly. Goto their website, click more, security and privacy, and then at the bottom 'Obtaining a copy of your information' has a link to a straighforward online form (although they do not provide a space for your email, so I assume they post).

May be handy for those wanting more information quickly - and for free?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure