How much is enough

Hi I'm new to this and just looking some info I pay my ex £80-£100 a week for 3 kids IV also been buying shoes concert tickets getting their hair done making them dinner 2 nights a week and supplying pocket money while my ex won't put her hand in her pocket (living rent and bill free right now) sometimes can amount to over £150 a week and more as time goes on

Thanx
Stephen

Comments

• Stevie_Palimo
    Stevie_Palimo Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You say your ex wont pay anything here.

How is the rent, food and everyday household bills being covered at present ?

What do you earn here and need as living expenses yourself and what does your ex get to ? , Once you factor all this in together and look at what the figures you can have a fair gauge as to what you should pay or failing that allow the CSA route and they may take more or less from you.
  • She lives with her mum with the kids I should b paying about 100 a week and don't mind giving my kids obviously but feel I'm being treated like a fool she seems just to expect me to pay all and iv bills of my own to pay although I always paid everything anyway but feel I shouldn't now still be expected to give money for food and then buy all clothes shoes and extras and her do nothing
  • Stevie_Palimo
    Stevie_Palimo Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well if explaining this face to face does not work then tell her your going down the CSA route.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure