PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 2017 mega index/christmas chat!!!! Yes, it's early I know :)

Comments

• nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    CharleyY :T. Thanks for the idea of B&Q. Hadn't thought of there, so will have a look tomorrow.
    I'm looking for a new tree too as ours is now getting too big and heavy to lug up and down the stairs, even for the two of us. Mind you it's about 25yrs old and starting to look a bit tatty ! Saw some lovely ones in the garden centre but they were very expensive.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    I bought a beautiful tree from B&Q it was expensive but we have had it for 10 years and it’s still going strong and looks beautiful!

I’ve got some presents for the kids and have everything organised on a spread sheet so I’m on track at least!

Struggling with MIL this year but sure we will think of something!
    Living the simple life
  • This weekend has started so I don't count it. :rotfl:

Only 2 weekends until our local church advent service! :j
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Advent calendars bought - kids nearly done - we are getting there!!!
    Living the simple life
  • DGS presents collected today so both DGC done! Must sort out DD birthday presents next, but getting there slowly.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • I have made a Christmas cake, I usually skip the icing part but think I may be brave this year. Can anyone advise the cheapest place to buy fondant icing and marzipan
    Sealed pot challenge 196
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    we're getting closer to christmas so I've stickied this to make the index easy to find. Fantastic links to resource in first couple of posts

kind regards
    Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks Zippy :xmastree:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I have been commissioned to make a batch of lemon marmalde for a friend to give as presents. I suggested adding a cello bag of HM bickies and packing one jar n one bag of bickies in a cheap basket, then some shred and finish with cello pulled up at the top. Well I found some plastic 'baskets' that are just the right size at 2 for £1 (poundland), and I raided my stash and found a box of jar fancies (ie pretty papers for over the lid, labels for jars and little HM tags*), and several meters of lovely multi-coloured string to tie the cello at the top of the basket.
    Ooh, I love making things and finishing off with a pretty presentation :D
    * I actually bought this pack ages ago because they were reduced to clear and were cheaper than I could make them for!

I'll get all the pleasure of making, and none of the expense!

Next job is making flavoured vodka. This year I may try ginger syrup and grapefruit. I am not sure about the grapefruit (have used lime before) so will make a small test batch and shall just have to taste it - it's a hard job but someone has to do it :rotfl:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    CharleyY many thanks for the tip of getting a tree from B&Q. They had just what we wanted and it was seniors day, so 10% off too :T.
    Think I have finished the DGC presents now :Tand we shall be going this week to Tes*o, as I want to spend my vouchers and get the Xmas goodies :D. Then there's only the fresh food to get Xmas week. The Xmas cakes are made and being fed with brandy every week and I will marzipan and ice them in the week before the "Big Day".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure