New TSB app

Options
Happened to see a new TSB on the iOS App Store yesterday. It seems it's a brand new app, not an update to the existing one so it hadn't downloaded automatically (and I now have two TSB apps side-by-side, temporarily).

The interface is slicker, and it now supports fingerprint ID (a good thing, the last app's character entry is less secure). Some reviews comment on no available balance showing, but I haven't recently made any transactions on my account so I can't comment.

Anyway, not as good as Nationwide, but seems slicker and quicker than first direct.

Anyone have a preference for any other bank apps?

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    jamie_02 wrote: »
    Happened to see a new TSB on the iOS App Store yesterday. It seems it's a brand new app, not an update to the existing one so it hadn't downloaded automatically (and I now have two TSB apps side-by-side, temporarily).

The interface is slicker, and it now supports fingerprint ID (a good thing, the last app's character entry is less secure). Some reviews comment on no available balance showing, but I haven't recently made any transactions on my account so I can't comment.

Anyway, not as good as Nationwide, but seems slicker and quicker than first direct.

Anyone have a preference for any other bank apps?

Having read the reviews on the new app, I won't be downloading it just yet. Odd that they've launched a 2nd app:cool:
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I've been trialling the new app for a while and really like it. Like the fact you can see pending transactions.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The new app has more functions than the old one, but I don't like the layout. You can't see all your accounts on the screen at the same time, like you could do with the old app. Also, when you open the app the old one took you straight to the login page, but now you have to click an extra login button to go to the login page, so it takes slightly longer.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I see there is also a new app for android users as well.
    badger09 wrote: »
    Odd that they've launched a 2nd app:cool:

I suspect TSB are preparing for when they stop using Lloyds IT systems and switch to those of their new Spanish owners.
  • Doctor_Duke
    Doctor_Duke Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    I am using the new Android app. I think it is clearer but still can't see a function to set up payments also is the huge balance the available balance would be good to be clear with this. Would also be good to be able to adjust/apply for an overdraft. It is a step in the right direction and hope they add functionality in the future.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I seem to remember reading that the first glimpse of the new Sabadell platform would be in a new mobile app. Maybe this is it?
  • jamie_02
    jamie_02 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    I found it demands the fingerprint straight away like most other apps so there isn't that extra button screen.

But, it's buggy. It doesn't accept my fingerprint 50% of the time, gives an error message, offers up the characters from your password page, gives yet another error message but logs in.
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    scgf wrote: »
    I seem to remember reading that the first glimpse of the new Sabadell platform would be in a new mobile app. Maybe this is it?

Yes, it is.

From TSB annual results: "We expect to unveil the new platform fully to our customers towards the end of 2017 but they will begin to experience it through the launch of our new mobile banking app in Q1 2017."
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2017 at 2:10PM
    Options
    ... the huge balance ....

You're right, the font is enormous. I felt rather uncomfortable using the new app on the bus because anybody close by could easily see my bank balance. I don't know why they've made it so large, we aren't all short sighted. They could easily reduce the size and still make it perfectly legible. It would also allow them to fit more information onto the screen.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I found it demands the fingerprint straight away like most other apps so there isn't that extra button screen.

But, it's buggy. It doesn't accept my fingerprint 50% of the time, gives an error message, offers up the characters from your password page, gives yet another error message but logs in.

As I said;)
    badger09 wrote: »
    Having read the reviews on the new app, I won't be downloading it just yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure