Employer Administration... government paying

Hi

The company I worked for went into administration last month and I was issued a letter telling me to submit a claim to the government for money owed. Which I have, the claim is being processed currently (i've heard nothing, and they tell you not to contact them either). However I've found out today that the company are no longer in administration. I do not work for the company anymore.

What happens now, do the government still continue and pay out this claim or does it get reverted back to the company?

Any help is reaaaally appreciated!

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What are you owed? Why don't you work there anymore?
  • I'm owed just under £2k, I had an offer for a better job.. So I gave 4 weeks notice, 3 weeks into it they went into administration and told all staff there was no money to pay staff at all. So I decided to leave when I found this out, 3 out of 4 weeks notice.

Two weeks after I left, there was an email saying they had found money to pay everybody their arrears... I got home to a letter saying that they couldnt afford to pay me, i imagine as i wasn't a priority anymore, so they told me to apply with the government which I did. I believe this got passed to the admin company and then back to the government, confirming and telling them to proceed.

I just don't know what happens now, not heard off government since original claim 22nd September, and the last I heard off the admin company (querying details before accepting) was the 10th October.

Would the government pass back this claim as company payable or continue with it and pay it out?
  • Comms69
    I'm owed just under £2k - wages? bonus? sorry I meant to be clearer. , I had an offer for a better job.. So I gave 4 weeks notice, 3 weeks into it they went into administration and told all staff there was no money to pay staff at all. So I decided to leave when I found this out, 3 out of 4 weeks notice.

Two weeks after I left, there was an email saying they had found money to pay everybody their arrears... I got home to a letter saying that they couldnt afford to pay me, i imagine as i wasn't a priority anymore, so they told me to apply with the government which I did. I believe this got passed to the admin company and then back to the government, confirming and telling them to proceed.

I just don't know what happens now, not heard off government since original claim 22nd September, and the last I heard off the admin company (querying details before accepting) was the 10th October.

Would the government pass back this claim as company payable or continue with it and pay it out?

I think, assuming the company is the SAME legal entity, you would claim from them now.
  • Sorry I'm owed wages and holiday.

How would I find out now seeing as i'm already mid claiming from the government?
  • Comms69
    Sorry I'm owed wages and holiday.

How would I find out now seeing as i'm already mid claiming from the government?

Chances are the claim will be rejected if the company is actually still operating.

Getting paid will probably involved going to court
  • I'm gonna ring up the government today and try find out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure