DRO Debt Relief Order Application Form Questions

Options
jamesb1239
jamesb1239 Posts: 648 Forumite
edited 11 May 2009 at 6:07PM in IVA & DRO
Hi, I dont know if this will be of any use to anybody but I have noticed a number of posts from people asking what kind of questions were asked when applying for a DRO, well i'm in the middle of filling the application in so I thought that I would put up the questions on it, this is by no means comprehensive as some other parts pop up if you select certain answers requesting more information, this is solely based on my selections which I class as being pretty standard;

Personal Details

Surname
Forename
Additional Forenames
Title

Are you, or have you previously been known by any other name?
Date of Birth
Town of Birth
Do you Rent/Own your home?
Marital Status
Number of dependant children

Address

Do you currently live, or is your principal place or residence in England or Wales?
Have you either lived, or had your principle place of residence, in England or Wales?
Have you carried on business in either England or Wales in the last 3 years?

Any previous addresses in the past 6 years?
Previous Addresses

Home Telephone
Mobile Telephone
Daytime Telephone
Email

National Insurance Number
Tax Reference
Tax Office

What is your ethnic group?
What do you consider your national identity to be?
Do you consider yourself to have a disability?

Insolvency History

Are you currently subject to a formal Insolvency Proceeding?
Is there a pending bankruptcy petition against you?
Are you currently subject to a Debt Management Plan or County Court Administration Order?
Have you been in any kind of Insolvency procedure before?
Reasons for your debt problems: (Relationship Breakdown, Significant reduction in household income, Loss of debtors employment, Living beyond means, Illness/Accident, Business Failure, Increase in household expenses, Other)

Employment Details

Are you currently? (Self Employed/Trading, Employed, Unemployed, Housewife/husband – incl. caring for dependents, Company Director/Promoter, Retired, Student, Other)
Have you had a previous trading name?

Assets

Cash in hand
Cash at bank or building society
Money owed to you
Tools for trade

Motor Vehicle?
Make
Model
Year of 1st Registration
Registration Number
Condition
Motor vehicles value

Do you own any freehold or leased property?
Do you have any realisable assets?

Property Transactions and Preferred Creditors

Have you given away any property or sold it for less than its true value in the last 2 years?
Have you preferred any creditors over others in your payments in the last 2 years?

Creditors

Type of Creditor
Name of Creditor
Address of Creditor

Roll or Account Number
Amount owed to Creditor
Is this an excluded debt?
Is this a secured debt?
Is there an attachment of earnings order associated with this debt?

Any more creditors?

Income and Expenditure Account

Monthly Income
Monthly Total Salary / Wages
Monthly Total Other Income
Monthly Total Benefits
Monthly Total Pensions
Total Income

Monthly Expenditure
Rent
Ground rent and Service charges
Mortgage
Other Secured Loans
Mortgage Endowment and MPPI
Building & Contents Insurance
Pension and Life Insurance
Council Tax
Gas
Electricity
Water
Other Utilities(Coal, Oil, Calor Gas)
TV Licence
Magistrate Court Fines
Maintenance or Child support
Hire Purchase / Conditional Sale
Child Care Costs
Adult Care Costs
Monthly Total Phone
Monthly Total Travel
Monthly Total Housekeeping
Monthly Total Other Expenditure
Total expenditure

Income less Expenditure

Comments

• elfieb
    elfieb Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant!!!! Just the kind of info I was looking for!!
    Thanks!!
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    Mae West
  • jamesb1239
    jamesb1239 Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    elfieb wrote: »
    Brilliant!!!! Just the kind of info I was looking for!!
    Thanks!!

No problem, thought it would help as i was hunting for the same info :j
  • ellemelle
    Options
    Hi Jamesb1239,

Could you please advise how to go about starting an application for DRO? Can I do it myself online or I need to go throughout intermediary? As so far, I only came across dro.insolvencydirect.gov.uk which leads you directly to log on page without registration option.

Could you please tell me how you did it?

Can anyone help please?

Applying via internediary takes ages.

Thank you for your help.
  • Godiva500
    Godiva500 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I took advice from National Debtline - you will be asked if you have taken advice, you have to do it. I then went to Baines&ernst to actually make the application as they were quicker, and i found them very good. You are not allowed to do it on your own - an intermediary has to make the application for you. They will ask you all the questions and talk you through it all, so don't worry.
  • ellemelle
    Options
    Godiva500,
    Thank you so much for your advice. I really appreciate that.

Is there any chance you might know how income and expenditure is calculated for a couple, where:
    - Only one of them is employed and has income of about £300 a week coming in
    - Accommodation, food and other normal expenditure is covered out of that income
    - Both of them have they own separate personal loans below £15 000 each to be repaid
    - Employed partner is not prepared to repay its partner’s debt regardless of the surplus amount left after normal expenditure and its own loan repayment
    - Unemployed partner wishes to apply for the DRO.

Is income and expenditure assumed to be equally divided between partners with no regard to their actual contributions; or otherwise?

Hope it makes any sense.

Thank you so much again for your time and help.

Have a good night.
  • sniktar
    sniktar Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2010 at 8:26PM
    Options
    In most debt cases income has to be household income.
    Joint debts are included BUT, usually if you obtain a DRO, the other person becomes liable for the whole amount. That is the meaning of joint and several liability.
    Joint expenses are noramlly split on 50/50 basis in your budget
    Some firms charge for a DRO, there are plenty who will do one for nothing! So, don't pay.
    The £90 fee is the only thing that slows an application really - once you have paid, the DRO is submitted. There is no way of slowing the process or speeding it up in general!
    Your own debts are your own debts.
    Any debts missed out of your application will remain your liability. If they they are missed out and then take you over the £15k limit, your DRO will probably be revoked. The Insolvency Service will do a credit reference history check on this matter.
    The limit is £15k. You must not have more than £50 pcm disposable income and you must not have assets worth more than £300.
    A vehicle up to £1k is admissable unless it is used for business.
    Your intermediary will need proof of your household income, 3 months bank statements for all accounts and recent statements from every creditor.
    They may even check with the credit reference agency before agreeing to submit your application.

The £50 pcm disposable income means that IF you get work and this figure is exceeded in the year or more of the DRO ( A DRO normally lasts a year but can be extended to 15 under some circumstances), the DRO may well be revoked as you no longer meet the criteria. You will the be given time to make alternative arrangements to pay your creditors.
  • sniktar
    sniktar Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    It should not take ages to apply through CCCS, National Debtline or Citizens Advice to get the help of an intermediary!
    Keep trying - there is NO need to pay for this service!
    Unless your charges and interest over a month or so will take you over the £15k limit, a short wait will do no harm.
    In the end - your debts will be written off as long as you meet the qualifying criteria and do not, in the end - on the day of submission - owe more than £15k.
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    sniktar wrote: »
    Your intermediary will need proof of your household income, 3 months bank statements for all accounts and recent statements from every creditor.

They need 3 months..? I have been told just a recent statement by a friend who had one done.
  • Nut97
    Nut97 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Orville wrote: »
    They need 3 months..? I have been told just a recent statement by a friend who had one done.

When I did mine back in March of this year with help via CAB I only needed my most recent bank statment.
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Nut97 wrote: »
    When I did mine back in March of this year with help via CAB I only needed my most recent bank statment.

Thanks Nut.. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport