Problem with Amazon return

teddysmum
teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 19 March 2017 at 12:21PM in Praise, vent & warnings
I ordered a leather bag 'fulfilled by Amazon' from a company called 7Bags.

The bag ordered was by Quench London and lad a label saying 'real leather'.

However,the one sent looked the same,but was by Lorenz, which wouldn't have been a problem, if the label hadn't said 'with man made materials'.

A first thought would be that this referred to the (cheap ,nasty crackly) lining, but the sides and base are of a completely different texture than the rest of the bag and some other sellers describe their Lorenz bags as having synthetic base and sides.

Not being happy, I decided to return the item and that's where the problem starts.

Returns require a printer, which I don't have and the help section 'helps' by suggesting they email you a label to pass to someone else to print for you, but I can't do this.

Last time I had a returns problem, after much searching I managed to contact someone by phone and they arranged a label to come with the carrier.

Sorted, thank you. DPD are collecting tomorrow, with a label provided.

Comments

• Try 0800 279 7234.

Or if you click on this link and they will call you

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/call-me.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=502564&skip=true
    I love a bargain. Now mortgage and debt free. hurray!!:smileyhea
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Borrow a friends printer to print the label, phone the number or buy a printer.
  • teddysmum
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Borrow a friends printer to print the label, phone the number or buy a printer.

I don't have printer and can't get a label printed by someone else.

Why should I buy a printer to return goods which are not as described ? I don't have much use for one and this is MSE.

As added to my original post, I eventually found a contact where they will ring you and have now arranged, as before, to have the carrier bring a printed label. (This is a service that they don't tell you about on the site).
  • teddysmum
    edited 19 March 2017 at 12:22PM
    Try 0800 279 7234.

Or if you click on this link and they will call you

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/call-me.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=502564&skip=true

I found the link, thank you and have sorted things. For some reason (my haste?) the original post should have been amended to say so, just after posting, but wasn't.
  • teddysmum
    I'm now wary about buying a bag as none of the bag sellers' sites, I've visited, say that the Lorenz bag is part synthetic and their photos don't show the rather large label, stating this, though some of the Amazon sellers' pages do.

I think I'll revert to buying synthetic locally, as I know what I'm getting, but I thought paying more for leather would mean the bag would last longer. (I go for practical over fashion).
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    You could go to your local library, log on and use the library printer to print the label, there may be a small charge for the printing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure