Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    TM, another option that I am thinking of trying this year (although a little more expensie) is Eurostar to Brugge. You should be easily be able to get return from Durham to Brugge for about £160 each.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    This has reminder me about the carnage that is going on in OHs wardrobe regarding shirts - I did make him empty the wardrobe out altogether once, some shirts culled and then I put everything back organised by strict rotation - short and long sleeves, by colour, formal and casual. Needless to say it never stayed that way, he just rams thing sin any old how and only after severe nagging. At least though the door is shut on it and no one except him ever has to see the messiness in his shirt wardrobe.

I did the same with my tops - emptied the wardrobe, culled a few too long in the tooth, anything that was too summery or suitable for cruises was folded up separately awaiting the sun, sleeveless, short, long sleeved and all in colour order - it takes seconds to find anything and seconds to put clean washing away and its stayed in perfect order now for over a year - it will never need to be re done ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon peeps.

Thanks bubbs for mentioning the tea and coffee. Mainly empty shelves in my little store.
    However did notice Twinings Assam 80 bag boxes 75p, my favourite so stocked up as they are normally 4.99 a box!

Off to watch marmies team on tv.
    Catch up later.....
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • fernie1
    fernie1 Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Coffee mate light 37p instore asda

Typhoo decaf tea bags 80 pack 50p instore

Silver spoon 2kg caster sugar asda 60p

Carte Noire whole bean 95g tins 75p

Kenco millicano whole bean coffee asda instore 63p
    If anyone wants to vote hduk:p

Hi, is there a link on there so I can look through,Millicono is my favourite coffee, I have tried looking but can't find nothing, please & thank you
  • mhoc
    I collected my Thorntons chocolates in Chester today as well:) Got the bus (not been on a bus for 15 years) into Chester with a friend as she wanted to go to the bank (it was closed!) and walked the 8 miles back home along the cycle way. Tried for the crisps in WH only to find it was for travel ones only.

We were in Chester very early and it was very quiet.
    In Thorntons we were only allowed to choose anything from the top 2 rows - a bit odd as when we got them earlier in the week we could choose any of the £3 bags.

I think the last bus I used was the York park and ride one. I would quite like to have a bus pass but we are too far from the border so it will be about 10 years before I get issued with one :mad: Mind you I don't think we even have a bus now that does our route - I'd have to do about 15 mins walk to get to the nearest bus stop to go anywhere
    We walk from the station along the canal path now and come up by Tesco at the bottom of Frodsham Street. We didn't realise that Frodsham street is being relaid - not even sure now where the rail bus drops off

Also something seems to have been built on Goosetack car park but not sure exactly what ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    A query please for an ebay expert.

Does anyone know how to do a combined postage discount on ebay?

I seemed to think you could alter the postage on the bottom line of an invoice but so many things have changed on ebay I don't know for sure. And its years since I've sold 2 things together.

Not for me - looking at the list I don't think I will sell anything this week at all ...
  • fernie1
    fernie1 Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Also I did a c&c at about 1.30 today, not even gone to collected yet :cool:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Yes shopping was a bit of a battle :rotfl::rotfl:, I was trying to show her that they could all eat the same ingredients and not have the same meals for example chicken kiev for the adults and chicken nuggets for the children and that using a base recipe you can make so many different meals, she was convinced she had to buy childrens food and adult food, no such thing in my book:rotfl::rotfl:

I am still trying to convince myself to give up smoking again, talking of battle of wills I have one with myself :rotfl::rotfl:
    You will do it when the time is right;)
    Afternoon

My thoughts are with you and your family enterprise xx

Happy birthday to tweets, Vt and snap, hope you all had lovely days X

Hellooooooooooo:j:j
    Hope you are ok?
    When are we going to meet?:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • lesliejack
    lesliejack Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    found the PG tips at £1.25p for 160 bags in a little Asda today, Red Nose promo pack.
    Paid mostly with APG, so brilliant value, thanks OP
    seems only to be in little Asda though.
    essex girl in exile
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Afternoon

My thoughts are with you and your family enterprise xx

Happy birthday to tweets, Vt and snap, hope you all had lovely days X

Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business