Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Comments

• MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Morning all :D

It s a glorious n sunny morning here -and I seem to have got up with a mood to match :j...
    SO, my EE meal plan for today is:-
    • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
    • lemon juice in warm water
    • 2 bacon medallions
    • 2 eggs-scrambled
    • 1/2 tin baked beans
    • 1 apple
    • HM cream of asparagus n broccoli soup
    • 1 orange
    • special egg fried rice (1)
    • 1 apple
    • 2 ryvita sesame (B)
    • 1 laughing cow light (1.5)
    I figured I won't need much at lunch as I never do when I have a cooked brekkie, and then I have stuck the ryvita on the end just to use up my healthy B!

We will be nipping to get some more sparkling water when hubby finishes work -Im still getting through 3lt-4.5lt a day luckily its only 19c for a 1.5lt bottle ....I will top up on the fruit n veg whilst Im out -I think that is all we need. I have my meal plan sorted for next week..so I will scan an eye over that just to make sure I haven't missed anything...

I will get my bum on the wii later on... other than that Im going to finish sorting out the materials for my new x-stitch project :D
    Righty ho -I will get off.......have a great day everyone
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    KathF wrote: »
    thanks guys was wodering if ti was SW just trying to sell a product or not
    ive never heard of the weetabix bran thing will check it out ty xxx

I also love the weetabix crunchy bran, its like little crunchy curls that dont really taste like weetabix to be honest more like Golden Grahams which I also love. plus you get 42g instead of a measly 28g. it goes great with a banana. Im off to buy some today ive been trying to use up the weetabix the kids have gone off, getting a bit sick of it now, I need the crunch.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Bluefire wrote: »
    I may have missed this, and although I know vaguely what they're about as a 'newbie' to Slimming World I'm not entirely sure, so could somebody please explain red & green days to me? If it fits in with how I like to eat I may give them a go; EE is working for me at the moment but I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds extra and as it's all that's ever been taught in class that's all I know.

Finding it hard today, I mentioned earlier that I have days where I'm starving all day and today is one of them (maybe I jinxed myself?) I'd say it was all in my head if it wasn't for the fact I can hear my tummy growling at me! Only 2 hours 10 minutes until tea time...

In other news, I don't think this has been mentioned yet but Sainsburys are doing BOGOF on 6 packs of Muller Lights until 08/06/10. Considering they're giving away Sex & the City 2 movie tickets inside I'm going to end up taking all my friends for free at this rate!

Hi, not sure if anyones answered you yet re red and green days but ill have a go.

On a red day you can eat as much lean meat, fish, superfree foods as you want.
    The difference is that you can have 2 healthy extra A's and 2 healthy extra B's in on one day.

So you could use one of the HEB for some new potatoes (with skins on) to have with a steak or chicken breast.

On a Green day you can have as much pasta, rice , grains, potatoes and superfree foods as you want. Plus you get your 2 HEA's and 2 HEB's each day.

EE is basically a mix of both but with 1 HEA and 1 HEB each day.

EE is great so you can have meat and potatoes on one plate without weighing.

I like green days as I love having cheese and milk plus I like my cereal and maybe a sandwich later. If I do EE I struggle more at brekkie. Its a personal preference.

You can mix your week up and had a red day one day, a green the next followed by 2 EE days etc.

I find I lose more if I do mainly red and green days with the odd EE compared to all EE. I guess its to do with food combining. When I do green I tend not to use me heb for any meat just bread or cereal. So its a completely vegetarian day.

My class is the same and they hardly ever mention red and green unless someone asks. Which is ashame as some people would like the choice, and of course theres no point a vegetarian doing EE.

Extra Easy was only indroduced Jan 2009 so red and green were working great for everyone up until then. EE is a great plan but so are the others and are worth a go in my opinion.

I think that way you get to try a variety of eating plans and keeps you interested.
    It can get quite difficult to keep it varied and not get stuck in a routine having the same meals each week.

I hope that explains it ok
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • KathF
    KathF Posts: 123 Forumite
    ok ive been doing EE since i started as that was all i was taught
    im trying to get head round the green and red to give weigth loss a boost as it is extremely slow coming off

today i was planning generally on EE

breaky was
    1 toast with a thin spread of extra light dairy lea
    1 banana
    1 ML

lunch will be
    chicken salad ( toms, beetroot, lettuce, cucumber, boiled egg)

dinner will be
    chicken, broccoli, sprouts, cauli, turnip, bout 100g pots, gravy ( 2 syns) auint bessies yorkshire ( 3 syns) stuffing ( 1.5 syns)

rest of HEa i use milk in coffee through day

now if i was to turn this into red or green day what do i need to weigh and restrict or cut otu altogether?

thanks in advance xx
  • lisa26_2
    lisa26_2 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Hi Kath, if you are doing the above as EE you need to have something superfree with your breakfast. Bananas are not superfree but you could have other fruit (I don't think grapes are superfree either).

To make it a red day you would need to count your potatoes at dinner as your 2nd HEB and weigh out the correct amount (I believe they have to have skins on too - for the fibre). I'm not sure of the amount but it's in the book. You would also have another HEA so you could have some cheese with lunch.

If you wanted to do green you would have to count your bread for toast and your chicken as HEB so you already have 3 HEB in there (2 x chicken). Again you would have anothe HEA so perhaps you could have some cheese with your salad and perhaps a jacket potato instead of the chicken?
  • lisa26_2
    lisa26_2 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Just had to laugh at me giving advice....I'm no expert, yesterday I did a green day for a change and ended up having 3 HEB as I forgot I needed to count the meat I was having for tea!!! I'd had all my syns too (godson's birthday cake) so I can't even syn the extra one. Silly me!
  • got-it-spend-it
    got-it-spend-it Posts: 5,016 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lisa26 wrote: »
    Hi Kath, if you are doing the above as EE you need to have something superfree with your breakfast. Bananas are not superfree but you could have other fruit (I don't think grapes are superfree either).

To make it a red day you would need to count your potatoes at dinner as your 2nd HEB and weigh out the correct amount (I believe they have to have skins on too - for the fibre). I'm not sure of the amount but it's in the book. You would also have another HEA so you could have some cheese with lunch.

If you wanted to do green you would have to count your bread for toast and your chicken as HEB so you already have 3 HEB in there (2 x chicken). Again you would have anothe HEA so perhaps you could have some cheese with your salad and perhaps a jacket potato instead of the chicken?

I just checked and bananas are superfree, they're just not speed foods.

I often have a banana with a yogurt for my brekky so I panicked when I read that they weren't!
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Morning all

I didn't have time to post my food diary yesterday: -

Green day

B - eggs, wholemeal toast (heb)
    L - salad, low fat cheddar (hea)
    D - Mugshot, ryvita (heb), phili extra light tub (2 syns)

Snacks - Muller corner crunch yogurt (7 syns), banana, blueberries
  • Sian_the_Green
    Sian_the_Green Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    I just checked and bananas are superfree, they're just not speed foods.

I often have a banana with a yogurt for my brekky so I panicked when I read that they weren't!

Phew, me too! I think EE breakfasts are hard to do if you want to keep your HEB for something later on. I like to use the Alpen Light bars as mine so I am having one in the morning and one in the afternoon as a snack bar. The summer fruits ones are amazing

Finally went out again for a bit of a jog last night after 'forgetting' for a few days. My calf muscles are incredibly tight and painful though after not very long at all. Maybe I don't warm up enough, I'm hoping it will get easier!
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • lynnexxxo
    lynnexxxo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Circes wrote: »
    lynnexxxo wrote: »
    All fat free yoghurts are free /QUOTE]

Sorry but this isn't correct. You need to be really careful as fat free doesn't necessarily mean syn free. There are several fat free yoghurts that still have syn values because they are high in sugar eg yeo valley, rachel's organic and nom.

Sorry, you are right. The Lidl ones (think they are called Linessa) which are fat free are not syn free either, think they are 2 syns each. They are very nice though (even nicer when I thought they were free though!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure