IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye fine

ozzy589
ozzy589 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 21 August 2017 at 9:58AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Official MoneySavingExpert Insert August 2017:

Please read our fully researched Private Parking Tickets guide.

Back to ozzy589's original post...

My wife has recieved a parking fine from Parking Eye. It is for an overstay in an retail park on a Sunday at 1800! The paperwork does not give the full address of the retail park, and we were with friends of ours who stayed the same length of time but have not recieved fines. Does anyone think I have grounds for an appeal? I ask because we have just recieved the final notice for payment and I'm unsure what to do next.

Thanks, Ozzy

Comments

• bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    There is no fine, private parking companies can't fine anyone. All you have is an invoice for an alleged breach of a presumed contract.

There is no appeal process with PPCs, they just want your money.

Ignore all correspondence, never contact them, and don't pay them a penny. They'll give up after a few scary looking letters, and go after some other mug who falls for their scam.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    The so called ticket you've got is not enforceable in law, they won't take you to court, they are scammers, and they will write to you pleading for your money, then a bogus debt collecting company will contact you, and finally a bogus solicitors will write saying that they will send the boys around to collect money that they legally are not entitled too. All in all you should ignore the scammers, and tell friends and family the same, the tickets you must deal with come from a council or the police.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Parking Eye are a joke even by PPC standards, they give up very easily.
    You can see the letters you will be ignoring in this thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 March 2014 at 2:03AM
    this is an old thread - did you not notice the date on the posts above?

Important - the advice has changed and in england/wales is no longer 'ignore'!!!!

Instead we beat these scumbags at appeal (popla etc). No-one pays but no-one ignores due to parking eye going for court now re ignorers.

Get off this ancient archive thread and get onto reading the current advice!!!!!!!!!

Please read the sticky threads, the advice at the top of this forum, one click away - see my signature for where to click!

OLD THREAD - STOP READING!!

Please wise up and click one click to page one to see CURRENT threads instead which tell you how to appeal and win.

PARKING EYE NOW SUE IGNORERS ROUTINELY, EVERY DAY, SO DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING EYE FAKE PCN IN ENGLAND/WALES.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • NerryBerry
    NerryBerry Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 13 May 2012 at 6:37PM
    Hi Guys
    Its my turn to be panicking (about what I was going to call a parking fine, but will after reading your posts, will refer to it as a PCN) from ParkingEye ! When it is your 'first time' it is quite scarey, especially receiving the very official looking document through the post, I did wonder how they got my address but have since learned today from reading your wealth of information, was obtained from DVLA, how dare they? Anyway, I guess I am just after some advice and reassurance for myself. I admit, I'd never heard of 'parkinggeye' and didnt see any signs re this in the service station, not that that would do me any good, or the fact I was with someone that followed me in, they didnt get 'eye'd'. Can someone just tell ME to not panick and to ignore the letters, I'm dreading receiving the following 4 or so, and think, knowing my luck, will be the one that DOES end up with CCJ's, bailiffs and bieng made an example of, sorry if I sound a little wet around the ears! Thanks for reading even though you have heard it all before :-)
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 24 March 2014 at 2:03AM

Important - the advice has changed and in england/wales is no longer 'ignore'!!!!

Instead we beat these scumbags at appeal (popla etc). No-one pays but no-one ignores due to parking eye going for court now re ignorers.

Get off this ancient archive thread and get onto reading the current advice!!!!!!!!!

Please read the sticky threads, the advice at the top of this forum, one click away - see my signature for where to click!

Please wise up and click one click to page one to see CURRENT threads instead which tell you how to appeal and win.

PARKING EYE NOW SUE IGNORERS ROUTINELY, EVERY DAY, SO DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING EYE FAKE PCN IN ENGLAND/WALES.
  • Thank you for your reply, have you really had lots of them and not paid? sorry just after more reassurance I guess !
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2012 at 7:08PM
    I have had over 80 from a good variety of these companies, I have not paid anyone a penny and nothing has ever happened except that they ALL without exception gave up and went away. That is what will happen to you too.

You will not go anywhere near a Court unless you are a fan of Wimbledon fortnight. Parking Eye tried it only the one time (they like to give the impression it's their second home- in their dreams!)- and they got stuffed so badly they have never been back since.

So just relax my friend, ignore all their bumph, and nothing will happen except that they will get tired and go away.

Do start a new thread of your own though if you want to come back and report how you are doing- please do.
  • How do I start my own thread?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 4 March 2014 at 2:25PM
    Like I said before, see my signature and just one click takes you to the current forum rather than this archived thread.

When you are there and reading the current threads you will spot a blue button top left 'new thread'. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure