Share Dealing Discussion Area

Comments

• This is in response to tony2toes. Hmmm...interesting name.

Anyways, I just bought some shares on NASDAQ with Squaregain. They charge £12.50. There are some you can buy on-line but with mine I had to buy through a broker but no extra charge there. They're pretty good. Just remember to have the W8-BEN tax form signed BEFORE you make any trades.
    :rotfl: :dance: _party_ :grouphug: Laughing all the way...:EasterBun :kisses3:
  • CTT_2
    CTT_2 Posts: 403 Forumite
    I have just joined Squaregain via a link from the nakertrader website and by going this route, Squaregain will credit £50 to my account after only 1 trade.
  • CTT_2
    CTT_2 Posts: 403 Forumite
    I have today signed up with Hoodless and they have offered me a free months trading.
    Now what shall I buy.......
  • Just a question for Hobbesandco, whats the purpose of the W8-BEN form and why's it advisable to fill it in before trading on NASDAQ shares?
  • The W8BEN Form is for US Inland Revenue Tax Purposes and is compulsory if you're purchasing US shares. You cannot be a resident of the US for tax purposes (i.e. citizen or green-card holder).
    :rotfl: :dance: _party_ :grouphug: Laughing all the way...:EasterBun :kisses3:
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    CTT wrote:
    I have just joined Squaregain via a link from the nakertrader website and by going this route, Squaregain will credit £50 to my account after only 1 trade.

You could have got £75, via this route
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=91587
  • young
    young Posts: 87 Forumite
    Is Squaregain a good option for a one off trade?
  • TDM850
    TDM850 Posts: 68 Forumite
    HRS you'll find a useful list of shareholder perks at Sharecrazy
    http://www.sharecrazy.com/resources/perks.html

They also have a lot of other data on each company, if you click on the company names they are highlighted
  • Hi,

I have about £3000 worth of shares in an Australian bank (following various demutualisations and mergers) which I'd like to cash in. I haven't done anything but cash in a few Abbey shares before...

None of the 'usual' sites (Squaregain, Hoodless Brennan, etc) mentioned on here seem to cover the ASX market, just UK/US.

I did try a while ago and found one of the big names (Barclays I think) who said they'd do it for £100 or so, but they never actually sent me the forms to open the account...

So what are your recommendations for selling them? I have an electronic certificate for the shares.

A possible route: I have a stepsister who recently emigrated to Australia. She could possibly do it if I gave them to her and send (most of) the money back, but I have a feeling I'd fall foul of all sorts of nasty tax and money laundering issues... I'd rather find a UK broker to handle it!

Looking forward to your replies

Paul
  • batty_2
    batty_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    the best site to see is advfn . and the best stockbrockers are self trade 12.50 flat fee itrade over 50k a day and here is one for free buy eme you missed the boat a bit last friday but a long way to go EME.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback