Do they better the rates in branch that calculators give?

My fixed rate Lloyds BTL mortgage ends in November.

Using the calculator on their site only comes up with one option and one rate.

Do they better these rates if you make an appointment at a branch or will they only give the same rate the calculators says?

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    You would potentially apply for a better rate if you go through the full application process or move to a new lender.
    But BTL rules change at the end of this month so if you are thinking of switching lenders you are VERY short on time to get an application in.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • UKSBD
    UKSBD Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ACG wrote: »
    You would potentially apply for a better rate if you go through the full application process or move to a new lender.

What if I don't go through the full application process or move to a new lender?

Will it be the rate the calculator gives or can someone in branch better it?
  • ACG
    They will probably not even be able to offer you what you have online.

Mot lenders now offer product switches online with no advice - the only way they can confirm no advice was given is if there is no human element in the process. So you basically have the option of what they have given you or a full application.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • UKSBD
    Thanks but I use the calculator, it gives me the product, I click the Continue Online button and it tells me to Book an Appointment at a branch :(
  • ACG
    OK, not sure I can be of any help then as I do not use Lloyds. Someone else may be of more help or you may need to call them.

I think that normally happens if there is something out of the ordinary, ie you have consent to let on a residential mortgage or you are in arrears or something.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • UKSBD
    ACG wrote: »
    I think that normally happens if there is something out of the ordinary, ie you have consent to let on a residential mortgage or you are in arrears or something.

No, it's just trying to switch a 2 year fixed BTL that is coming to an end.

LLoyds don't appear to even publish the rates without 1st using the calculator, makes it harder to compare without having to go to a branch :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure